Find jobs for Member Technical Staff, Software

NetApp Member Technical Staff, Software Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 719 interviews

Other7%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh) in Dec 2015

Interview

I have attended netapp interview at IIT Kanpur.. First the took written test which has 4 sections(Aptitude, programming basics C, C++, Data structures, Operating systems). then there were two technical rounds and one HR round.. First round went for 100 min.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewer asked about the programming languages you are comfortable with.. The interview goes on basic questions in array manipulations, like you are given an array with duplicate elements you have to find out the maximum occurring element and its frequency. second one was on linked list. Delete all the elements which falls in a given range.
    1 Answer
3 people found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I had only one technical round. Interviewer was a little busy and he told me that and we jumped straight into technical questions. The next round was for discussing the role about development and QA and one more round for HR. I got the offer on the same day and accepted it.

Interview Questions
  • I interviewed in college and the question is about inverting a binary tree. Difference between process and thread.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2015

Interview

I interviewed for Steel Store group in May 2015. Had 5 coding rounds and a last one with hiring manager. I am a new grad (International student from a top ranked school) and I was offered the position on phone by HR and I accepted it. I declined two other offers from 2 companies that I had, based on this offer, the HR at Netapp is aware of this. Now, after 1 month, in June, the HR called me for 1 min, to cancel the given offer. The reason? They couldn't wait for a month for my work permit (OPT) to arrive, which they agreed they will. I communicated the timeline before the interview to HR, during the interview to manager and even when I accepted the offer and all the time they said they are hiring till December this year and they will wait for my OPT (Every company waits for a month for a student to get OPT, it's a standard procedure). So, recent grads/ international students, please beware of Netapp. I had a hellish time, had to find another job within a few days to protect my Visa status.

Interview Questions
  • Several questions on linked lists, dynamic programming, stacks and queues.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore) in Dec 2014

Interview

I worked there as an intern. The following was for the conversation to Full time employee. 1 test, followed by 4 interviews - 2 technical, 1 with a Manager and 1 HR. Test was decent enough. Just requires to have basic knowledge of - OS/Networks, DSA, and Quantitative Analysis. Out of the 2 technical rounds, one was general technical round(on the work I done as intern there and based on resume). Pretty emphasis on OS/Networking. 2nd round was writing pseudo codes. Only 2 questions were given. Managerial was just discussion on my family and other extracurricular activities done. Since I was intern, HR round was also internship review. Apart from that, they asked about what kind of things you would do in future and if as a part of this company.

Interview Questions
  • Write code on printing the Power set of set of n variables.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore) in Sep 2014

Interview

Applied online. Two telephonic technical interview rounds. And remaining 3 technical and 1 managerial rounds face to face at Bangalore. Interview was covered with C, Linux Kernel, Data Structures, Storage Domain and projects worked related questions. Questions asked in face to face rounds almost all were scenarios given and how will i give a proper solution. A very good interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing like difficult. All questions asked were based on scenarios of problem and those were quite challenging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp in Jul 2014

Interview

Netapp visited our campus on 30th july,and for the first round we had a apti which had 4 sections--general apti,c related,data structures and operating systems;time duration was 90 minutes.After which about 22 people were selected from 130 people. Then there were 3 rounds of interviews-1 HR and 2 technical.HR was cool and 2nd technical round was a bit difficult.

Interview Questions
  • 1.cases where bubble sort will fail? 2.cases where file structures would be failed?

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in Jun 2014

Interview

I was contacted by HR on phone after a few weeks of applying. I had 2 Phone interviews with managers and 4 rounds onsite with engineers. I was interviewed in RTP. Later on I was given a position in Sunnyvale.

Interview Questions
  • 2 questions straight out of Cracking the coding interview (2 dimensional array and stack) Design a hash map. Difference between mutex and semaphore. Explain memory management and scheduling using a small program as example (in depth OS fundamentals). Threads, process, stacks, heaps - what is the relationship among them. 1 hour of questions only on pointers (eg. structure pointers, function pointers, incrementing and decrementing pointers) Using dynamic memory allocation flatten a 2 dimensional array into a single dimensional array. Row wise and column wise. (Again pointer increment and decrement) Questions on checkpointing and disaster recovery. Difference between a spin lock and a mutex. Serialize a binary tree.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore) in Dec 2012

Interview

3 Technical + 1 HR mostly on DS, OS concepts include threading, process management and memory management Networks might also be touched. If hiring is for QA, then Software Engg and testing techniques might also be asked

Interview Questions
  • Dnt remember exactly... but it was regaring LAN in networks... a real time scenario was asked

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Bangalore) in Dec 2012

Interview

Mainly technical interview. Expect 3-4 rounds. Initial can be phone screening. Phone screening will be technical and some analytical questions and puzzles. Be sure to be thorough with programming questions and algorithms. Knowledge of systems are important. Algorithm questions can also be expected. Algo questions can be about loop in link list or algo for a queue management or even algos around locks and mutexes.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on filesystems. My previous role, academic projects. Questions on computer architecture and Operating system fundamentals. Coding questions. Algorithm questions can also be expected. Algo questions can be about loop in link list or algo for a queue management or even algos around locks and mutexes.Phone screening will be technical and some analytical questions and puzzles. Be sure to be thorough with programming questions and algorithms. Knowledge of systems are important.

Anonymous Employee in Calicut, Kerala, Kerala

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Calicut, Kerala, Kerala) in Aug 2012

Interview

The interview had a 1 hr written test. Then 3 1:1 techinical interviews each lasting for a minimum of 45 minutes. Then a behavorial interview with Manager and an HR inteview with the HR person. Interviews mainly focussed on your problem solving skills, Data structures and algos and Operating Systems. They also were keen to know if the candidate know a bit of Unix systems.

Interview Questions
  • Find the Longest Common Subsequence ? What are runlevels in linux?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews