NetApp Interview Questions in Raleigh-Durham, NC | Glassdoor

3.2

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief initial phone screen, followed by an onsite with Sr Director of Inside Sales. I am still waiting for feedback from this person. He's not been very responsive to my communications to him. Oh....he was 5 mins late arriving to my 1:1 with him.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

This position was a contract position. Had to work with Contracting agency on securing the position. Then I had a phone screen with hiring manager, then face to face with team. Worked with Contracting agency on working out the details and then signed paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation phase for me. I knew what the pay rate was before I interviewed.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. He mainly asked questions about my resume and experience. He also asked about my study abroad experience. Then I was invited to an onsite interview that lasted 2 hours. When I came for my onsite interview, I was met in the lobby by my first interviewer and taken to the interview room. The room had a couple whiteboards and I was encouraged to use them during the interview. I interviewed with 3 people on the team that I would be working with. The first person I interviewed with was a manager and the other 2 were Engineers. The interviews were very behavioral and I was encouraged to ask questions. They asked me questions for the first half and I asked them questions for the second half. It was a very enjoyable and relaxed interview. I learned a lot about the team I would be working with, the company culture, and the job I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked on a team to build a piece of software?
      Tell me about a time that you had to learn a programming language that you didn't know (without professional instruction)? How did you go about learning the language? What resources did you use?
      Tell me how you would write a function/method that would take a subnet mask as a parameter and return the number of hosts the subnet could support if 2 of the IP addresses were reserved?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, he set up the phone interview. On the phone interview I spoke with 3 of my future team mates. Then I was called in for an onsite interview that last 3-4 hours, most of which was technical. We went over a coding problem they sent over before I came in.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for one thing, and they gave me about 10k more than I asked. If it isn't what you are looking for definitely try to negotiate.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the got a call a couple weeks later for a phone interview. I thought everything went well but when they took 3 weeks to tell me if I had moved on to the next round, I realized the outcome wouldn't be positive. Finally got a call back and my suspicions were confirmed. I wish they had communicated a little more timely and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses? A time you had eard no. basic interview questions   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was amazing! It was fast, and the HR people were really nice and considerate. I had two phone interviews - one with the HR guy, and one with the senior architect from the group I was being interviewed for.

Following that, I had three an on-site inteyrviews. The first one with the senior architect I talked to, then a software engineer, and then the third one was with a current Technical Marketing Engineer. They were all really nice people, and the questions were most behavioral and it felt more like having a tech-focused conversation than a real interview. I was even shown around the office at the end of my last interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain QR codes to someone who has no idea what they are?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. Got a call for a phone interview couple of weeks later. Phone interview was basically background and interest check and a few theoretical data structures question. Also described about projects.
    After that was selected and called for an onsite interview 2-3 weeks later where an HR manager and 2 team managers interviewed me. Team managers asked average difficulty interview questions

Interview Questions

• How can I malloc a pointer in a different function. How to calculate if a number is a power of two without using functions. Thread related questions. Explain the makefile presented to you.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Contacted via email by a gentleman who saw my resume posted online. Conducted an initial phone interview with a screener/recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Second interview was with the hiring manager for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer

1) Tell me about yourself from past to now
      2) Describe your role/duties with your current employer
      3) Where do you see yourself in 3 and 5 years   1 Answer
    • Second Interviewer:

1) Asked what I knew about the position I was interviewing for.
      2) Wanted to know how I step outside of my comfort zone
      3) Describe my typical day and who I sell to... (he was unclear on my. I current job)
      4) Walk me through a typical sale when faced with a business client
      5) Very focused on my cold calling ability   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from the hr in the beginning. After 2 weeks, I got 2 phone call from 2 other staff from the company. They are actually my mentors in the summer where I was there. They asked my previous projects. Nothing more. After 2 weeks, they asked me to tell what I would like to do. They gave me an offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• What I should do with a project they provided to me?   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward. had a telephone screening., Then went onsite and had 3 different interviews there. The intervieweres were very helpful. Coding questions were fairly easy. Direct from geeksForGeeks