NetApp Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NetApp Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NetApp (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

2 hour interview with 1 hour of technical interview and 1 hour of behavioral interview. The interview itself was relaxed and not too difficult. This was an onsite interview by the way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NetApp

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fare and was asked by them to apply online too to fasten the process. 3 days later I got an email asking for my availability for a phone interview. Phone interview was with one of the team members of their software development team. After phone interview, I was called to their Wichita site for 3 rounds of interviews. 4 days later received a call from them offering me the summer intern position.
    Overall process was smooth, interviewers were very friendly. I was a bit nervous before the interview, but their friendly behavior made me comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NetApp (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Intially talked to one of the hiring team members at the university career fair. Got a call from one of the managers for a phone interview.
    The next step was an onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through University. Got a call for a phone interview couple of weeks later. Phone interview was basically background and interest check and a few theoretical data structures question. Also described about projects.
    After that was selected and called for an onsite interview 2-3 weeks later where an HR manager and 2 team managers interviewed me. Team managers asked average difficulty interview questions

Interview Questions

• How can I malloc a pointer in a different function. How to calculate if a number is a power of two without using functions. Thread related questions. Explain the makefile presented to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

This is an onsite which drives us to their location at Pittsburgh. First is an introduction of their company and there's some pizza and drinks available. The interview consists of four rounds---first two of which are behavioral questions and the other two are real coding ones. Behavioral questions goes in an endless detail. The interviewers ask a lot of detail implementation of the projects you lists on the resume. And they also ask if you have any questions regarding NetApp.

Interview Questions: given an array and you are only allowed to go through them once. Then remove the array from the end one by one, find each of the minimum value among the numbers left in the array.
    Exactly the same question on Crack.

Interview Questions

• Such a lot of detail implementation regarding my projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NetApp (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one telephonic interview which had:
    1. Technical questions about the resume
    2. Best project
    3. How comfortable are you in C programming
    4. Information about the team

7 rounds of on site interviews:
    1. HR interview
    2. OS concepts and problem solving
    3. Data structure question and architecture details of the ONTAP system
    4. Improvements in the ONTAP system.
    5. OS concepts, context switching deadlocks etc.
    6. Scripting
    7. OOPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First round had 4 sections including apti and technical..technical section included algorithms ,data structures and computer networks.Networks was the most challenging part.There was a sectional cutoff..around 20 students were short listed.This was followed by 2 technical and one hr round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a normal interview, as it began in a casual manner with the manager asking me to tell me about myself. I replied as briefly as possible. Then began the technical stuff. He asked a lot of questions. Here are some : What happens at the back side when you enter a URL, say www.google.com in your browser? Then he asked the difference between http and https?
    A puzzle followed. Then a whole lot of questions on Data Structures... The interview went on for more than half an hour. Unfortunately i wasn't selected for the next round.

Interview Questions

• What happens at the back side when you enter a URL, say www.google.com in your browser? the difference between http and https?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I was offered PPO after internship at NetApp. Internship interviews consist of 3-4 rounds with questions from algorithms, networks and operating systems. PPO process involves 4-5 interviews, all of them telephonic.

Interview Questions

• In my case, they really stressed on routing algorithms with in details explanation of dynamic vector algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NetApp (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

This was a campus recruitment. First round was s written test. It was of moderate difficulty. 4 sections: a)aptitude b)programming with C c)OS & Networks d) Data Structures
    The next round was a technical interview. I was asked questions related to OS and networks. After which there was one more technical round followed by HR rounds.