Netspend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Netspend Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

Compliance Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Netspend.

Interview

HR was slow to respond initially then it went smoothly. One day of interviews. Met 4 people in total. Culture and personality fit are very important. After the interview they were quick to process but I don't think that is always the case.

Interview Questions

• Prior work experience with an edge toward how hard I worked and would be willing to work.   Answer Question
    • Experience with prepaid or financial services.   Answer Question
    • Extent of my commitment to staying in a role for a period of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not open to negotiation, time pressured also.

Disputes Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic. However no one was at the front desk for about 5 minutes I waited to even get a visitors pass. Security apologized. He phoned the interviewers and The seemed pretty casual actual. I mentioned the new building then we discussed the colorful paint on our way to thee conference room.They asked cookie cutter questions and their response was a subtle "thank you." Afterward. Each question was generic. It lasted all of maybe 20 minutes. They said it is contact for 6 months so nothing was guaranteed.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness/strength?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had a conflict with a colleague and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Netspend Response

Mar 16, 2017 – Senior HR Manager

I'm not sure what caused this to be a negative experience for you but thank you for the feedback!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I received my first call roughly 2 months after submitting my application. My first and second phone interviews were scheduled shortly after. It took about a month to get my in person interview scheduled. In the interview I met with two other account managers, a director in the same department and then the VP of Sales. Timing was unfortunate as it was the holidays and everything got dragged out.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall a question that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend.

Interview

-Two phone interviews, one with HR and then with Engineering manager.
    -1 onsite with development team members. I was asked about my experiences.
    -Offer was provided a few days later.

Very seamless and straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of managing a project filled with roadblocks and conflicts.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Netspend.

Interview

after i passed my first step interview on hacker rank, they ask me to have a phone screen with one of the senior developer about my background and some core java skill.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do we need to override equal?
      2. What is difference between interface and abstract?
      3. What is user define exception?
      4. What is synchronize key word?
      5. What is different between REST and SOAP
      Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Intially asked to perform a self-evaluation and answer some infosec-related questions. I was given about nine questions to answer and several days to respond. Included items like evaluating snort rules, and what kind of response if the rule triggered.

Next was a phone screen followed by an on-site interview consisting of lunch, a group interview, and a one-on-one with the hiring manager.

The phone screen went great. I advised that I have not been a full-time infosec person, but that I've been periferally involved with security for a long time. We went over some infosec basics and I was invited on-site for a group interview.

At the on-site interview, things went a little sideways when the hiring manager chose Bikini's for lunch. Bikini's is a "breasteraunt" in downtown Austin. At a minimum, that's awkward and unprofessional. Considering it's almost mandory for the rest of his team to attend (including female members of the team), it's also pretty aggressive.

There was also a comment made about the team members having been yelled at.

The interview questions themselves were pretty straightforward. Some were technical and some were behavioral.

What's cross-site scripting?
    Have you used a web-application firewall?
    Describe a recent project that you're proud of.

etc.

I ended up advising the recruiter that I was not interested in pursuing the opportunity further, so no offer.

Interview Questions

• If you're going to compress and encrypt a file, which do you do first and why?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and was asked the usual questions, why would you be a good fit, what do you bring to this position etc. The interview involved several managers of the department and a tour of the center. The perception presented of the department seemed different than the actual handling of employees once employed

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was called for an Interview through a Referal.HR called me and setup a phone screen with Hiring Manager. Questions from Hiring Manager were all general like about your company and His company and just few testing questions.

Interview Questions

• Lot of SQL Questions. They ask you to write SQL statements for joining two tables, three tables etc.
      They ask you unix commands , your approach to testing and good number of behavioral questions like what are your accomplishments in your previous job,why Netspend, why testing etc.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend.

Interview

Standard Senior process. Phone screen, multiple face to face. Discussed technical aspects, my experience and challenges with previous IT enterprise environments. Asked about newer environments, powershell scripting, AD, Exchange, and other related MS enterprise applications.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. If you don't have experience that you can talk about, I wouldn't bother applying.   Answer Question

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

They use multiple recruiting companies based in India. In an average day, the Indian recruiters call you 5 or 6 times all about the same position with Netspend and ask you very sensitive info. It seems like the fraud dept is always recruiting but only for temp position+they have a high turnover rate. Don't understand why don't they just hire ppl for good but I guess they are cheap when it comes to their employees.
    After multiple harrassing calls from Indian recruiters, I decided to give it a try by applying directly online because I did not want to go through a recruiter somewhere in india. I went through a phone screen with HR and then was given an interview. I took off work and went to their office downtown, they made me wait +45 min as the interviewers were not there and couldn't be reached/seemed to have forgotten about me. The interview was just questions about my experience and how would I handle particular cases of fraud.
    After 10days with no response, I contacted their HR and asked if the position was closed and I was told to contact my recruiter in a rude manner. The thing is I had never applied through a recruiter and the HR person who set me up should have been the one following up with me.
    Fast forward to September, I am out of work and town and decide to give these Indian recruiters a try. They set me up for an interview for when I'm back in town after speaking with Netspend and letting them know I had already been in for an interview and my availabilities. Netspend assured it would not be an issue. A week later I get an email saying that my interview is canceled because I have already been interviewed before and now the position is closed.
    Very unprofessional and unethical, you don't set up an interview with someone and then cancel on a whim because you want to fill it out quickly. They should have never set me up and gotten me through the trouble of giving sensitive info (they do a credit check) if they were looking for someone rather quickly and were not willing to wait to interview more ppl. I guess I was sort of a "back up plan" if they don't find someone before.
    I have also noticed that since I applied with them I have been getting mail from them offering me to sign up for a Netspend card, I'm pretty they keep your info and use it for commercial purposes later which is a breach of privacy.
    My advice is be prepared to respond to basic questions and considered as a number/robot whom they will easily dismiss when they don't need it anymore. I have seen the same position offered as a 1month, 3 months, 4months, 6 months contract but you really never know how long you will work there but rest assured, you will remain a temp.
    I have many colleagues who have been through the same aggressive recruiting methods with Netspend for fraud and as much as they want to schedule an interview/submit your info/resume, once it is done they really could care less.
    Also be warned they post the same position for 13.75$/hr and 15$/hr, but pretend they are different however if you say you are not interested with the cheap rate they change and say it is 15$ (which is less than anywhere in the market anyway) but really they want a candidate who would accept the cheap rate due to their ignorance of the market.
    If you are desperate and out of a job, this is the place to go but it is highly unsafe in terms of job security and prospects

Netspend Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Senior HR Manager

We're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't up to par... We definitely appreciate your feedback so that we can improve our process in the future.