Netspend Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Netspend

2.9

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter (Staffing Agency) and the process took 2 weeks. First they did phone screen and after 1 weeks, they called for face-to-face interview.

I went for an onsite interview for a Java developer position. Office is located on 13th floor of Omni hotel in downtown, in other words, they have leased the office space inside Omni hotel. 5 people interviewed me one after another. Most of them asked me to write very tough code on the board in less amount of time and I went ahead and did as much as I could.. Most of the interviewer were very unprofessional and very rude. While I was talking to second last interviewer, HR came into the room and interrupted the interview. She called the interviewer outside for 2 mins and then interviewer came inside stating that there was some production issue and he really need to go. I was waiting for last interviewer person to interview me as it stated on itinerary. HR lady told me that last interviewer cannot take your interview because he is not here at the present. I was surprised to hear it as the whole interview was planned one and half weeks in advance and that guy is not here. HR said that I need to follow up with that guy over the phone or maybe I have to come again. I said to myself, no thanks, then I decided to pass.

I have been to almost 3+ interview in last 2-3 weeks and I have never seen such unprofessional-ism and rude interviewer. All other company interview ask lots of Java question but this company made me write tough java code on the board more then couple of times without the help of API help/exposure. At-least they could have been honest with me and tell me straight up-front, instead of wasted my time coming all the way to downtown. Luckily I had atleast 2 another Java Developers jobs offers in hand while I took this interview.

One day before onsite interview, HR told me to go to their site, enter my email address on their employment opportunity reset password, once I receive the password reset, they want me to fill out application. I have tried many times on password reset and I did not receive any email. They stated that their email is not working properly. Something very shady!!!

Similar dishonest and unprofessional-ism situation happened to somebody before last year if you see all the reviews here.

Interview Questions

• Write long java code about data structure (I do not remember)   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Got email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was mostly spent with interviewer talking about the company, She then advised me NetSpend does criminal (including speeding tickets), drug screen and credit history. If you've ever had any charge offs on your credit history or, have more than $4,000 in debt on your credit history (including any college loans), they will not continue process and will not hire you. They will end process.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about us?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any criminal (felony or misdemeanors incl. speeding tickets), drug or credit issues?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I received my first call roughly 2 months after submitting my application. My first and second phone interviews were scheduled shortly after. It took about a month to get my in person interview scheduled. In the interview I met with two other account managers, a director in the same department and then the VP of Sales. Timing was unfortunate as it was the holidays and everything got dragged out.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall a question that was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview process went quickly. Phone screen, in-person interview #1, panel interview, then senior leadership interview. All completed in about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Many of the interviewers asked the same questions. Advice to the company when conducting multiple interviews would be to break up the questioning, then meet at the end to share notes. As a candidate, it gets frustrating to answer the same questions multiple times, especially when the interview process is so lengthy.   Answer Question

Pay was too low. They wanted to pay me $10K less per year than what I was making at my other job.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Netspend.

Interview

Tough - lots of rounds with various levels including stakeholders and peers. Prescreen with HR followed by interview with head of product, marketing and a peer head of BD before getting to the hiring manager interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute meaningful revenue within the first year? Be specific.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, HR was involved but hiring manager is very much leading negotiation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

1. Phone screen, two days later phone interview which was all human resource skills no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• All easy questions, many questions on employee behavior problems.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Impressed with the detail put into the interview process itself. During the about 3-hour series of interviews, I had a good time. I felt like we chatted more than interviewed, but the Directors I interviewed with were looking for very specific information from me that (I assume) they got. People there are very friendly, fun, and "real" people. It's very refreshing for a company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation accepted, it seemed. That's not really my strong point though when offered a position.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I met with everyone in the Accounting Department which seemed excessive. I interviewed with about 11 people total. Most of the people interviewing me seemed uninterested and were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions revolved around my background and previous work history. They asked basic accounting questions and how i would related my previous experience to this role.   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for an interview. The HR person was very kind and polite. She asked prequalifying questions about experience and education. Then I had a telephone interview with a supervisor and that lasted about half an hour. After a week or two I was extended an invite to interview on-site for the position. The interview lasted an entire day. I went on a ride along which provided insight as to what the day to day duties would be. Then I had individual interviews with 8 folks and a panel interview. No behavioral questions were asked. Really they just want to get to know you and see if you would be a fit. Great culture...very laid back and casual. Although I was not offered the position for Bilingual Area Sales Manager, the candidate offered this position is very luck-) Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Do you know what our stock is doing?   1 Answer

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Netspend (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Intially asked to perform a self-evaluation and answer some infosec-related questions. I was given about nine questions to answer and several days to respond. Included items like evaluating snort rules, and what kind of response if the rule triggered.

Next was a phone screen followed by an on-site interview consisting of lunch, a group interview, and a one-on-one with the hiring manager.

The phone screen went great. I advised that I have not been a full-time infosec person, but that I've been periferally involved with security for a long time. We went over some infosec basics and I was invited on-site for a group interview.

At the on-site interview, things went a little sideways when the hiring manager chose Bikini's for lunch. Bikini's is a "breasteraunt" in downtown Austin. At a minimum, that's awkward and unprofessional. Considering it's almost mandory for the rest of his team to attend (including female members of the team), it's also pretty aggressive.

There was also a comment made about the team members having been yelled at.

The interview questions themselves were pretty straightforward. Some were technical and some were behavioral.

What's cross-site scripting?
    Have you used a web-application firewall?
    Describe a recent project that you're proud of.

etc.

I ended up advising the recruiter that I was not interested in pursuing the opportunity further, so no offer.

Interview Questions

• If you're going to compress and encrypt a file, which do you do first and why?   1 Answer