Nitro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.9

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Everyone involved was incredibly helpful and it was a great fit from the start. The 1st interview was a 20-min phone screen with the recruiter who is really nice.

I was asked to come in on site for the 2nd interview which was with the manager of the sales development team. Then I was invited to come back for the 3rd round, to give a mock presentation on the product, and the manager called beforehand to give me his expectations regarding what I had to accomplish, so I had no doubts as to what I had to do during the presentation.

The 4th and final round was with employee experience (Nitro's HR) to talk about why I wanted to join Nitro and how I would fit in. After that the recruiter called to offer me the job and I said yes immediately.

Interview Questions

• How adept are you at teaching others how to use technology and software applications?   Answer Question

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It went very smoothly. I had two quick Skype interviews the same day. About a week later, I was up at the SF office giving a presentation about how I would pitch Nitro. Two days later I had a final Skype review and got the job the same afternoon. It is a very efficient and thorough process.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in your previous position, and how did you overcome said challenge?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and straightforward. I found the recruiting team to be very well organized, with detailed instructions and information about what to expect during the process. After each stage the recruiters and the hiring manager were very clear about next steps and the time frame in which I could expect to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Provide past experiences in which you had to manage an angry client in which you were required to save the account.   Answer Question

Finance Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was wonderful! It started off with the standard phone interview with Jennifer from the Talent Team who was very friendly and helpful. Shortly after, the talent team arranged an interview with the Finance Manager who gave more information about the direct role and responsibilities. After an super positive interview with the Finance Manager, there was three more interviews. One in-person interview with the CFO at the San Francisco Headquarters and two Skype interviews with the VP of Finance and the COO.

I instantly identified Nitro's passion for caring for it's employees and this is all reflected through out the interview process. Nitro really takes the time to get to know and understand the candidate which was a plus for me. This was such an great experience and the whole process from end-to-end was very structured and organized. Shout-out to Nitro's phenomenal Talent team!

Interview Questions

• The standard interview questions:
      -What interest's you?
      -Give a brief description about yourself.
      -What you do at your job today and how does it relate to this position?
      -What are you looking for within this job role at Nitro?
      -Do you have experience with this platform or that platform?
      -Give an example of a positive outcome within your career.

Nitro takes great strides into getting a feel for the prospective candidate, which is definitely a positive element!
      Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A few days after applying Jennifer the Head of Talent at Nitro reached out to me via email to set up a time for an over the phone interview. The conversation with Jennifer dove into experience, interests and future goals. It felt like a very comfortable and informative conversation. After visiting the offices and having an in person chat with Jennifer she was able to gauge my experience and felt pursuing the Operations Coordinator role would be a good fit. I then met with two members of the team, one of which was currently in the role and moving towards the next step and the other was Operations Coordinator manager. My interview with both was such an amazing experience. Both ladies gave me tons of insight on the role and asked great questions about my experience and really gauged who I truly was. They had a less traditional approach in that they really wanted me as a candidate to understand what Nitro had to offer so they didn't ask the general interview questions. They focused more on who I was and how I could contribute to the team and vice-versa. This was followed by a take home questionnaire. My last interview was with the awesome COO and her equally sweet assistant. This was a real treat, again I felt like we spoke open and honestly about what the role and amazing company had to offer and how my experience and who I was would fit into the groove of Nitro’s unique and caring culture. I was so grateful to be offered the position.

Throughout the entire process both Jennifer and Lyla (talent coordinator) were amazing in providing constant feedback and communication. They genuinely took their time to get to know me as a candidate. Overall I had probably one of the most unique and amazing interview processes of my life. Nitro Rocks!

The Nitro blog is a very cool tool to use when wanting to learn more about the company! Definitely something to look into as it has well written and interesting content in many different categories.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions- Tell us about yourself. What sparked your interest in this role? How does your past experience prepare you for the tasks of this role?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Online application with personal data and resume, technical exercises including algorithms + data structures + logic + real case scenarios, phone interview for cultural fit, two onsite interview reviewing resume and exercises.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Interview fairly easy...need not prepare for such interviews. But be careful that the culture and perks they project outside is not same when you get an offer...The reviews on glassdoor are bogus..they are faked by the employees of Nitro...Very easy interview and I rejected it as they don't have enough perks compared to other smaller companies....They are not pretty aggressive, they don't even have a phone app for their nitro cloud product after being in Industry for such a long time....Don't waste time for such company....Give interview only if you don't have any other offer in hand..else complete waste of time......

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was very efficient. I had a couple of phone conversations with key decision makers. Next, I came into the office for in person interviews that only took a couple of hours. After that, I did a presentation to the technical management team based on an agenda provided to me with plenty of time to prepare. The presentation gave me a chance to make sure we all were on the same page as far as the role, needs, and expectations coming in. The final step was an in person conversation with the CEO. Sam is very engaging and passionate about the company. Speaking to him sealed the deal with me.

Overall, the Talent team are very quick with feedback and available anytime for questions. I never had to wait more than 24 hours for feedback. From beginning to offer, the process took about 2 weeks and would have been quicker if my schedule had permitted.

Interview Questions

• There was not a specific question. Nitro is very aware that everyone has to be on the same page coming in. Most of my time was spent talking about my leadership and management skills / philosophy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick. I talked about my expectations and they gave me a lot of information about benefits, etc. No surprises when the offer came. From offer to onboarding, it was 48 hours.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Had a friend refer me for an entry-level position. The recruiter spoke with me on the spoke and seemed extremely interested. Was brought on for an on-site interview where the recruiting manager cancelled on me, leaving with me the recruiter who I had already who spoken to and reiterated that I'd be perfect for the job. Got a call the next day saying they wanted someone with more experience, however I later found out they had already extended an offer to another candidate and they had accepted before I was brought in. Huge waste of time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro in September 2014.

Interview

The process was quite polite and straight forward. A friend referred me for a PM position and within a week received an email to set up a screening call with a lead recruiter. The screen was about trying to match my experience to the position and finding a fit. Bit of questions posed:

Have you worked in this capacity before?
    Can you please give an example of things you have done?

After the recruiter confirmed there was a fit the next step was meeting with their VP since it was a senior position. The VP asked about my experience and familiarity with their product.

Questions posed:
    What my technical background, specific skills were?
    What software products I like?
    Whom I looked up to in the tech industry and why?
    What are the key things I identify in good PM's?

It was a pleasant experience though they were looking for more experience at that level of the role they were looking for.