Nitro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nitro

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Nitro's approach to hiring is pretty much the ideal hiring process you could imagine. Do not expect to be answering on a whiteboard how to search the MST of a huge graph or serialize a BST with parenthesis notation. Don't take me wrong, they want you to have good CS fundamentals but the product mindset is also very important.

First I was prompted to spend some time using the product and give them feedback. I sent an email with 3 points. What is the product for, what would I change or improve and which part of the product I would like to work on.

This went well so I went to 3 onsite interviews, one was to dig a bit more in my technical background, the other two were more of a cultural fit interview.

During the process I was invited to join an internal workshop and I spent an afternoon coding with other engineers.

I came back for an extra technical interview which consisted in giving an idea of how to design a system. I went home and did an iteration on the exercise and sent them an improved version.

Interview Questions

• Do you want a beer? While I was wrapping up the tech exercise.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

Online application with personal data and resume, technical exercises including algorithms + data structures + logic + real case scenarios, phone interview for cultural fit, two onsite interview reviewing resume and exercises.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview fairly easy...need not prepare for such interviews. But be careful that the culture and perks they project outside is not same when you get an offer...The reviews on glassdoor are bogus..they are faked by the employees of Nitro...Very easy interview and I rejected it as they don't have enough perks compared to other smaller companies....They are not pretty aggressive, they don't even have a phone app for their nitro cloud product after being in Industry for such a long time....Don't waste time for such company....Give interview only if you don't have any other offer in hand..else complete waste of time......

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was to send a resume through Jobvite and someone would contact you if you seemed like a good fit. I was contacted shortly by the recruiter and she scheduled a phone interview. Due to this recruiter, it was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've had. She decided I'd be a good fit so we scheduled an onsite interview.
    Once I got there I met up with the recruiter. She was just as pleasant as she came across on the phone. She then showed me around the office which had this really cool vibe to it, very creative and inspirational. Then I was directed to a small conference room.
    Met with the Marketing Manager and Webmaster. They asked me questions about my experience and technical abilities. Talked about how very structured the team is, using AGILE Development and that everything is done within the company, no outside agencies used. The Webmaster was very thorough in his questions, asked more about how I was involved technically with every position in my background.
    After the interview, the recruiter came in and said there was to be a coding test. We said our goodbyes, and when I got home there was a coding test waiting for me. Finished the test, sent it back and received a rejection email the next day. It was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when the Webmaster was trying to ascertain how I was involved in deployment of the websites in my background. I didn't understand his question so I was confused. He was pretty vague and didn't come right out and ask it, he went around the question. So in your answers, be extremely specific down to the little details. I wished I had prepared for that ahead of time.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Very, very thorough. Multiple interviews with different team members, followed up by a non-trivial homework exercise. They really work hard to make sure every member of the team is going to be an exact fit. Deep and interesting questions, none of those "why are manhole covers round" abstract questions. All related to job duties.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was great, they were pretty quick in scheduling interviews.
    From the moment I walked in, I had a good vibe they wanted to see me in a "non interview" mode. had a beer with them and we just talked. They spoke with great pride on what they've accomplished and where they wanted to go.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

-Very honest and straight forward interview process. My interviews were more like meetings than interviews with open discussions regarding what we were looking for. There was a constant open line of communication and they were very accommodating to work around my current work schedule and obligations.
    They only asked relevant questions and didnt bother with the recent college grad questions like "What is your biggest weakness"
    - I applied directly through their website and the recruiter contacted me shortly after. We started with a standard phone screening followed by an onsite interview where I met with the recruiter and hiring manager. I passed this round to come back in for a mock demo in which I gave a mock demo of Nitro. They provided great feedback both my strengths and weaknesses. Again they were incredibly honest and transparent throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• I was told I needed more technical experience following my mock demo. They provided great feedback.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro.

Interview

From the moment I applied to Nitro all the way to the last interview, the experience was very enjoyable and much less stressful than I thought! Rachel, the talent ambassador, got in contact with me shortly after I had applied and we set up a phone interview that took barely 30 mins and felt very comfortable. The next part of the process involved an onsite interview which was nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be and the general atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. Everyone I met was also very open and friendly which really made the process that much better! The last part of the process involved a Skype interview and an in person meeting with the COO, Gina O'Reilly, which felt more like a casual conversation than a interview. Overall the interview process was smooth, simple, and by far one of the best I have experienced!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a challenge and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got a call from a recruiter, a few days later. Had a very pleasant conversation ranging from what I currently do to what the position was, details about the company and how its evolved etc. She also sent me links detailing what the culture was like and also to one of their products for which they were hiring.
    The company has a culture of hiring product minded engineers, so it was good exercise to have prospective candidates critique the product. A few days later got a call from the hiring manager. He liked our conversation and I got invited for an onsite interview. They have an awesome space in downtown SF. Met with the VP, recruiter and hiring manager on that day. Everyone I met were really passionate about what they do and your interest in the company just increases with every conversation.
    The typical process after the onsite is to get an assignment which needs to be completed and you'll head back for another onsite for a code review with a team.
    I was really looking forward to the assignment round but they didn't want to move beyond the onsite since I did not have the requisite domain knowledge.
    Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the process and met some really nice people along the way.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you have ever worked on apart from your current project?   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nitro (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Great process. It was a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. It began with a comfortable phone interview with very clear steps and no trick questions. Next, I was brought in to meet with other members of the team and also for a quick tour through the office (beer in hand). This was simply just reviewing my portfolio and going over my work experience. I received a skills test the same night and received a response immediately the following the day. Can't stress how positive of an experience this was!