Nuance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nuance Interview Questions

Updated Jan 29, 2018

2.7

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

Applied online took extremely long time for recruiter to reach out. Connect a few times, recruiter kept missing appointments and tried to connect several more times. Finally connected and nothing in over 3 weeks. So unprofessional.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Lexington, KY) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was very efficient.. no messing around, no one dragging their feet. Very refreshing experience overall. I was contacted by the hiring manager for a quick phone screen, and that was followed by a more in depth discussion with him. Three days later I spoke with 3 more folks, for 30-45 minutes each. 15 minutes following the last interview I was contacted by the hiring manager with the news that the feedback was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project/product that you led through a transition, and what results did you achieve?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

One round of telephonic followed by onsite interview at Burlington Office.
    First round was about 30 minutes.

Onsite Interview Process:
    Five Rounds on site with five different people from the same team(each 45 minutes).
    Round 1: About past experience and about the team and tech stack.
    Round 2: Java questions followed by Basic Algorithm question.
    Round 3: SQL -- Design, Mappings and basic Queries, Followed by basic Algorithm reverse a string.
    Round 4: Technical -- All Core Java
    Round 5: Product Director/ All HR Style and Product Management Question

Interview Questions

• As many as Core Java and OOP Questions.
      Many Questions based on Polymorphism and Exceptions.
      Interface and Abstract Class Questions -- different scenarios.
      SQL Questions.
      Mostly all the topics are covered from core java. Threading was also included.   Answer Question

Channel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth and the recruiter was supportive and informative. Had about 4 phone interviews and 3 onsite interviews with genuine good people. However, the lack of business priorities and poor expectations made me feel as if they were doing me a favor of no offer. I was told I was selected as the candidate, then offer was delayed as the re aligned priorities due to loss of revenue and customers from the malware attack. Lots of time and money spent for something that should have been figured out before or during the posting.

Interview Questions

• What type of value do you provide that separates you from the rest.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Easy - Pretty basic interview: they asked me to tell them about myself, then described the role in more detail, then asked about what experience I had, and finished with me taking an excel test.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn to have a discussion on the position. We agreed on a date/time for the interview and the recruiter never called. I followed-up via LinkedIn email communication but never heard back. Very disappointing in the lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Never got to the questions due to the fact the recruiter never called at the agreed upon time.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me asking if I'd be interested in hearing about the position. Spent a significant time on the phone with the recruiter asking about my work experience but not once talking about the position. Wasn't even offered the option of asking any questions. I got handed off to another recruiter who set up time and asked nearly the same questions over again and spent more time talking about himself than about me or the position - and then never followed up as promised. It was all very unprofessional and not handled very well. Total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Go over your career explaining each job along the way.   1 Answer

IT Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Standard process, phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, then panel interview with hiring manager, in direct manager and another IT manager. The process went quickly. The only lag was between HR phone screen and hiring manager phone screen due to vacations. I had to follow up with HR to when the hiring manager returned to set up the 2nd phone screen. Otherwise, in person interview was a week later and offer came the same week.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about back ground, projects previously worked on, tell me about a time when... Also, tell me what you do for fun outside of work.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Whirlwind round of interviews at the Nuance head office with people from various departments. I also interviewed with the senior management. They had a lot of bright people working there that I met with during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Director of Enterprise Architecture Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

Long process, difficult interview. Took 2 weeks and never heard back from the recruiter. Not a good atmosphere or culture from what I gathered. This role is still on hold or advertised. I had the experience but it was a waste of time to even do the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer