Nuance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nuance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. We set up a time to chat, but it was the shortest phone interview I've had. Normally recruiters would have an idea what the job they are recruiting for, but the recruiter didnt know how to explain or what the hiring manager was looking for. Asked what my the salary expectation was and to send my resume so I did. Never heard back even after following up. Very unprofessional recruiting process.

Manager Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a Sr. Recruiter - he confirmed the first phone interview with him. But the day of the interview he never called that day. I sent him a follow-up email and no reply to the email either. Before the interview I checked the reviews of the company, a couple of people had eluded to similar experience but I truly thought that is very unprofessional for a company of this caliber to have its HR recruiters behave as such. But lo and behold, it sure turned to be true to my deep surprise!!!

Interview Questions

• The recruiter didn't call me. So no questions was asked.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nuance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Called first by a Nuance Recruiter - Passed first round
    Second Round talked to another technical recruiter then changed to different HR person.
    Talked on phone to manager for 30 minutes then moved to another round
    Talked to peers on call - then to another round
    Flown to Mass. - 4 interviews - moved to another round
    Talked at length to sales people - went silent
    Sat for 2 weeks then got call for offer.

Interview Questions

• If you had 2 customers that had a major problem, how would you determine when, where and which customer you would work on first and why?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job via LinkedIn.

1. Screen with recruiter over the phone
    2. Interview with the hiring manager over the phone
    3. Interview with the hiring manager's manager over the phone
    4. Interview with another sales consulting manager over the phone
    5. In person presentation and interview with hiring manager and his manager
    6. In person interview with VP of sales and phone interview account exec

All in all it was a straightforward process with (imho) just the right amount of people to get a good feel for the company and for them to get a good feel for me. I wouldn't consider their process any more or less rigorous than other interview processes I've completed.

For the presentation I was allowed to present whatever I wanted; similar to how Salesforce does it - with the exception that SF gives you a written case to work from (if you decide to demo SF software).

Interview Questions

• What's one time where you struggled working with your account executive, and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard process - initial recruiter phone screen, followed by a team member phone screen, then in-person 3 person panel interview. Interview follow-up was abysmal...never b4 treated this disrespectfully. Was told by the recruiter I would hear something back on the Monday following the interview. It's now been three weeks and no information pro or con...I sent a couple of e-mails asking for a status, and also left a voice mail asking for a status.

Interview Questions

• Typical software and project experience questions. Interviewed by 3 leaders...with one observer. Interviewers can from three different functions, so question related to functions...specific project work, PMO type questions, client/business function questions.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

A panel interview with 5 people, 4 on the conference call. The manager on the conference line didn't realize I was in the room and started talking about me. Sounded like he was going to blow me off before I even started before the person in the room cut him off. I would be supporting their software used at hospitals and was asking technical questions about every program in existence including things not even listed on my resume. Very rude, condescending people and worst interview i have ever experienced and I told them I was not interested in the position then left.

Interview Questions

• "You are doing an office 365 migration...."   1 Answer

Renewals Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nuance (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

I applied online after seeing the skills being sought matched my previous roles. Received communication to set up a conversation with the recruiter, that was successful and was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview which went great! The last interview was a face to face interview with the hiring manager and their manager. Lastly, I was contacted by the recruiter for a follow up.

Interview Questions

• Explain your understanding of the position so far.   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you foresee in this new position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked my previous pay and the range of pay I was looking for, Nuance was able to match my desired pay.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nuance (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

the interview was pretty easy, basic questions like why should we hire you, why you want to work for us. it took like 30minutes then 45 mites for the second session

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you,why should we hire you, why you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Nuance in December 2016.

Interview

It was ok. First HR phone call, then hiring manager phone call, then a strange 5 person interview in person. One guy was really nervous, next guy looked at my resume for the first time, next guy barely spoke English, so on and so on. I did all I could and didn't hear back after a thank you or follow up E-mail. Let me tell you right now, HR is really good in my experience for the company, if you want anything done, talk to HR. I emailed HR and she was the one to update me on everything. I had to E-mail her for the hiring manager to get on his case and schedule the final interview. They said I had all the qualifications and I fit the job description and what they need perfectly, then disappeared. Good luck to anyone out there reading this. It seemed like they already made their mind before they even interviewed me and asked very pointless questions.

Healthcare GRC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with the team's hiring manager and then an on-site interview with the manager, director, and CISO. The whole process took 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Steps I would take to perform an analysis of healthcare regulatory controls between two countries for compliance.   Answer Question