Opera Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Opera Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.2

Solutions Analyst Interview

Interview

Got to the final round through on campus recruiting. Be prepared to answer any questions related to your resume and don't forget to ask your interviewer questions. I also encountered some behavioral questions like leadership and group work. The interviewers are quite nice. I though I did quite well, however, still did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Please ask me questions...(and this goes on for like 30 mins...)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview has 2 rounds. First is more of HR round where they ask questions on your resume. Also asked what are the features/type of population in airline industry. What are the problems.

Second interview was market sizing question where they asked how many swipes in a day in the NYC subway. Person helps you with the answer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self. What are the features of a population using plane.
      How many swipes in NYC subway in a day
      Answer Question

Research and Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions in October 2016.

Interview

First talked about experience related to data science and interviewer asked some questions regarding the resume. It took around half an hour. Then some questions were asked, relating to probability theory and data structure. The interviewer would give hints if you got stuck.

Interview Questions

• How to reconstruct a binary tree from inorder and preorder travelsal   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview; my interviewer seemed really tired and did not want to be there. Basic questions about why want to work at Opera, etc. Some resume questions. And the "case" was not really a case, more like brainstorm some ideas.

Interview Questions

• How to increase sales in airline company through email marketing.   Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview

Got shortlisted through my resume. There were three rounds of interviews involving case interviews, guesstimates and the basic HR interview. The cases were a bit unorthodox, and I wasn't able to solve them completely but I think the thinking was what mattered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This position had a fixed salary

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1.Read up on the company and their signature Signal Hub platform. You don't need to be a pro on Signal Hub however understand the basics of it and do a background reading on the big data industry and its evolution. (Opera's blog on the big data industry is a good resource for this)
    2.Prepare a list of at least 5 questions that you have for your interviewers so that you aren't thrown off base when they ask you if you have any questions for them.
    3.Know your resume inside out because they will ask you questions about it.
    4.Just be yourself during the interview, and don't get nervous.
    5.Have a concrete reason as to why you want to work in the big data industry and what in particular makes Opera a good fit for you.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in working in the big data industry and at Opera in particular?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview

University recruitment, a couple of months. Went really well, surprised that I didn't get the offer, but nobody I knew did either; maybe there weren't too many new projects that they could assign people to?

Interview Questions

• How many ATM Machines are there?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Opera Solutions.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews - 15 mins of behavioral and 15 mins of case. It was quite casual, and interviewers were very friendly. I did not do well on the case but they basically walked me through the whole process, explaining how I should think.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

This review is for the first round interview. I applied to the position through a typical on-campus recruiting process. The first round consisted of two 30-minute interviews - each was half behavioral, followed by a short case. The behavioral part was very typical, no curve balls or tough questions. The first case was a market sizing problem, and the second was a general business problem. The interviewers were not too tough on the cases, and since I had prepared extensively they went pretty smoothly. I am currently waiting to hear back about the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How many tuxedos are rented in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opera Solutions (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

2 on campus interviews. First one was taken by a 'fresher' working at this firm for almost 6 months. General behavioral questions. Second interview consisted of a case study based on ATM booths.
    Worst part is that they never even bothered to inform back regarding the decision, despite of me sending them several emails.