Optima Tax Relief Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Senior Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Chandler, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

The open house was well organized and upbeat. The staff made one feel comfortable and the feeling was energetic. The presentations were precise and to the point. The environment made a memorable impact.

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether I had prepared taxes before and to what level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Started with 15 min. phone interview, followed by one hour group interview from the related department. They explained a lot about their company & asked many questions about my job experience related to the case analyst position.

Interview Questions

• Will you able to ask for help if needed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Just show up on time and the mangers will guide you in everything. In the interview they will be asking you questions about your previous job. Will talk about the company in more detail. As well as your benefits. It's a very easy process and if any questions they will help you very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what you are going to do as a case analyst?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and was contacted within days. Then I had a 15 minute phone interview with HR person from Optima the next day. During the phone interview I was set up for an in person interview with the manager and team leads and I got a job offer within 48 hours. It took less than 2 weeks from my initial application to receive a job offer and it probably would've been less if I didn't go on a short vacation in the middle.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that you think make you good for this job?   Answer Question
    • When you have a lot of work to do how do you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience contacting the IRS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Just a normal interview. You apply and the recruiter interviews you. They then send you on to the department that you will work in, and someone from there interviews you.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

It was straight to the point, easy & comfortable. The hiring manager allowed for questions & honest explanations. The interviewer was friendly & not hard core. The questions pertained to my knowledge & ability to learn rather than experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last position?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

My phone interview with the Jr. Recruiter went very well. I was asked to come in for an in person interview with Alisha. Alisha thoroughly explained the position and the requirements as well as salary and bonus incentives. She explained in detail exactly what should be expected as a case manager and the extent of the possible workload.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company and the services they offer?   Answer Question
    • What qualifications do you feel you possess that will contribute to the position being offered?   Answer Question
    • If i have any questions or concerns about the position being offered.   Answer Question
    • What were the pros and cons with working for previous employers?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Went very well, asked great questions. It was something i was familiar with. Very detailed to say the least. Would do it all over again if i had to.

Resolution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied on Indeed and was called within a couple days, had a phone interview for about 10-15mins, I was then asked to come in for an assessment test and an in person interview. Recieved a call back within 2 days, and was extended the job offer, which I of course accepted.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous job experiences, and about how in certain scenarios how I'd handle them (ie: irate/upset clients, mistakes, etc), and they also provide information regarding the company and position.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Optima Tax Relief (Orange, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiting Manager emailed to schedule a phone interview. The second question was regarding my salary target. When I asked for their budgeted range, the RM told me it’s a new headcount and they’re open. I provided a target range and she immediately said that’s above our range. *confused* I thought you just said it’s a new position and you’re open to consideration. Second, the new law change made disclosing salary range a requirement, so now you’re just non compliant. This all happened in the first 5 minutes of our conversation. I proceeded to inquire about the role itself going off the responsibilities listed on the JD, only to find out it’s a completely different role within HR. Why wouldn’t you update your advertisement if the role shifted? The 8 minute conversation was entirely a waste of time. Such a huge disappointment, especially after reading such raving reviews on GlassDoor.

As a passionate HR Professional, this experience as a candidate was beyond awful.

Interview Questions

Optima Tax Relief Response

Apr 3, 2018 – CEO

Thank you so much for providing this information. We apologize for your interview experience and appreciate your honest feedback. While we are compliant with new law regarding discussing a salary... More