PLS Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 5 rounds in the interview process and all of them are technical questions. Phone calls from the recruiter, Skype interview and 3 times 30 minutes interview with some lead developers.

Interview Questions

• Because I cannot mentioned the people' names for security reason, I'll call them Mr. Bad, Mr. Good and Mr. Ugly.

First, I received a phone call from the recruiter, She asked about 10 technical questions from C# and MVC. I answered most of them, then she scheduled me for a Skype interview with Mr. Good.

During that interview, Mr. Good asked me a bunch of C# and MVC related questions, and I answered most of them. And 2 days later, I received an email from the recruiter inviting me to a face to face interview. According to the schedule, the order of the interview was, I would be meeting with Mr. Ugly, Mr. Good, then Mr. Bad for 30 minutes successively.

The first person I met was Mr. Bad, because every one else was busy interviewing. That guy looks so mean during the interview that I kept asking myself if he has a problem with me. He asked me a bunch of technical questions, which I answered all of them. Then he asked me to write code on the black board to pull up a table from SQL server and display it to the View on the black board by using Entity Framework Code First. He was the one writing on the blackboard, so my job was to tell him what to do. I started all the process from creating the Models, and to use LINQ to Entity Framework on the Controller, but his time is up. He was very frustrated to see that the time is up. Then he finally smiled saying, he has something to tell the next interviewer before he comes.

Mr. Good joins the room. His first question was "While validating data, how to verify that an email address already exists in the system so you would display an error message on the screen to avoid duplicate." I started by going to the Model where you going to use some attribute from the System.DataAnnotations, it looks like he was looking for answer on the Front End. When I kept mentioning the attributes from the Model, he told me to forget about them. Then he asked me how I would do that with JQuery. I didn't know the answer. Then he started with the technical questions. I answered all of them. His 30 minutes is up.

Now Mr. Ugly came in the room. He started with a basic programming on the blackboard, which I did and he agreed with the answer. Now came the technical questions. Mr. Ugly spent most of the time talking and correcting all the answers I gave him no matter if I answered the questions correctly or not. I assumed he was either trying to figure out how I would react if someone tries to correct my mistakes while working. Since he was the last one, he spent a little over 30 minutes talking.   1 Answer

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Oak Brook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

30 min in person interview. I answered all questions correctly, offered a solution to one of them that could have been better... I was told at the end that I know my stuff, a concern was also named, the interviewer thought my experience as both an application developer and a sql developer would hinder me in keeping the app developers at bay.
    Even though the recruiter told me they make quick decisions, I never heard back from PLS. This is the reason why I marked it as a "negative experience".(recruiter mentioned a positive feedback after 1 day, but never a "yes" or "no".

Interview Questions

• Regular technical questions, for example about CTE's, trans. Isolation levels, how would you handle that, etc.   Answer Question

CFS Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services.

Interview

The work culture at PLS is all over the place at this point. Human Resources is currently involved more than ever now working through multiple disputes regarding management and employees due to a severe and substantial cut in the employees bonus structure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services.

Interview

I applied online then had a phone interview and a Microsoft test with the Human Resources rep then a one on one interview with my future supervisor. Was told about their decision about two weeks later.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with several people I had 3 separate face to face interviews. Plus a battery of test and long periods of non communication. The drug test experience was not easy trying to find a facility close to where i lived or worked. The background check was a joke

Interview Questions

• What strengths could I bring to the department and this role   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services.

Interview

Standard phone screen. Then invited for in person interview. It wasn't too bad. I thought the interview process was smooth. It looked like a great place to work. The office is nice and convenient to get to via Public transit.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview, had a one on one with DM, sent home with a code to take a test online. Once they got the results they called me the next day to come back into the office. They had me fill out form to release background information and another form to take to a drug testing facility. Took about two weeks for everything to come back, then they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• none, average interview questions. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you handle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Green Bay, WI) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied via fax and got a call about 2 days later and agreed to interview. I interviewed a few days later and was asked to take a test before I could be considered for a second interview. Once I passed the test I was scheduled for the second interview and it went great. The process was quick and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I was asked was what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2009.

Interview

Easy anyone with a six grade education can get in.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, they arnt looking for the sharpest tool in the shed they are looking for robots that will do anything they say for little pay.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Dress as going into an interview for a bank

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PLS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

You will interview with a store manager first. If the store manager feels as though you're a good candidate, then you will advance to the next level of the interview process which is an interview with the district manager (possibly two DMs at once). The questions are straight forward: what are your strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for PLS, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about management?   1 Answer