PPD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PPD Interview Questions

Interviews at PPD

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD.

Interview

I first had a brief phone interview with a recruiter. She asked basic questions. Then I had three thirty minute interviews, where I was asked typical interview questions. This was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Professional. The experience was straight forward and involved interviewing with several members of the group. A tour was included at the end. Everyone was polite and easy enough to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Experience with documentation?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PPD (Richmond, VA) in June 2020.

Interview

The first contact was a phone screen with a member of the talent acquisition department. This call lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. We discussed the position, the company, salary, etc. Pretty standard stuff. They initially reached out to me and were very aggressive in scheduling a formal interview with department management. My experience level puts me at the upper end of their scientist position, so I think they were very interested hence the pushy scheduling. Next interview was a series of 3 interviews, 45 minutes each with 3 different managers. Questions were mostly STAR format behavioral questions with a few technical bits mixed in. Overall the interviewers and recruiter were friendly, open, and seemed excited to talk to me. As far as interviews go, this was straightforward and easy. Look up the STAR method, it WILL be heavily used.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when something didn't go according to plan, and how did you resolve that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you had an issue with another staff member in the lab and explain the action you took to resolve it.   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with cell based assays in 96 well plate format?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you like at your current job, and one thing you dislike?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you made a mistake that affected a client, and how you remedied that mistake.   Answer Question

Rsm II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PPD in June 2020.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. I was contacted by a recruiter who worked around my schedule to have our first phone interview. A week later I had two one hour video interviews with two different managers. It was laid back and flowed more like a conversation than a strict interview. A few days later I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Pro tip prepare in advance on the STAR method of answering behavioral questions.
      Tell me about a project at work where you had to solve a difficult problem. What did you do? What was your process? What was the outcome?     1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you messed up or forgot something, how did you react to it.   Answer Question

Interview

1st round with Recruiter for general questions and information about the company
    2nd round with 3 different hiring managers separately (30 min each) describing their department and other items.
    Additional interviews if needed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PPD.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we scheduled a brief phone interview to talk about my previous research experience. He followed up right away with more information about the company and the benefits, and we were in communication to schedule an interview. I interviewed 2 weeks later, and the interview was about an hour and a half. I had three interviewers who were very kind and excited to communicate what the company had to offer.
    The questions were very behavioral-based and gave an entry-level candidate a lot of room to showcase their hard and soft skills as it related to the position. Overall it was a comforting experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem and what was the result of that solution?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPD in May 2020.

Interview

Everyone was very personable and made me feel comfortable. I interviewed over Microsoft Teams with three supervisors. All of them were willing to give me plenty of information on what it would be like to work for them.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PPD (Middleton, WI) in May 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter one week, a hiring manager the next, and am currently waiting for a third interview with the specific department I'm applying for. Hiring manager was out of North Carolina but the recruiter was from middleton.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PPD (Richmond, VA) in May 2020.

Interview

The phone interview was a total of 30 minutes and consisted of basic behavioral questions. Then there were 2 other parts of the interview. The last was face to face.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PPD (Richmond, VA) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from the company and had a brief phone interview. The woman was very friendly and she just wanted to tell me about the company and get to know me