Pacific Office Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.4

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Online application followed by in person interview. If they like you well enough they invite you back for a tedious personality test which they use to make their decision. They promise to get back to you either way but never do. No integrity.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused around personality instead of skills   Answer Question

Tier I Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Beaverton, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with 3 individuals on site. I was told that the attire was business professional, which it ended up not being. No worries. The questions focused on my experience working with customers and my reason for applying for the position. They were very nice. I had walked from the bus to the office in high heat and humidity and was soaked with sweat.

IT Helpdesk Dispatcher (Entry Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Beaverton, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Received phone call from HR staff. Interview was set up for the next business day. Interviewer took me into a conference room and it last about 30 minutes. There was a long personality test after the interview was complete. It was seven (7) pages in length. Many of the questions asked you to complete a small paragraph.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer had typical questions. How did you overcome a difficult situation? What is an accomplishment you are proud of? Etc.   Answer Question

Account Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process is thorough and allowed me a number of opportunities to meet with members of the team, do a ride along in the field with a veteran rep, and even get one on one time the President of the company to talk about why this position may or may not be the best fit for me.

I was able to interview them as much as they were interviewing me and I appreciated that.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation.

Interview

The interview process was tedious. First, there was an hour long conversation with the manager, followed by an hour long personality assessment. Since I did well on the assessment (which the results took almost a week to come back) I was invited on a ride along. This unpaid working interview took 4 hours of my time and was then followed by another meeting with the manager. If you go on a ride along be aware that you will be required to walk into an office, introduce yourself, and ask for the office manager. Almost like prospecting for them. Please also note, they probably already call on that place of business, they are just testing you. Unless you are serious about working 12 hours a day, 5 days a week, I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their time with the process.

Account Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation.

Interview

Went to the first interview. Met with a recruiter and a VP. The VP liked my resume so the interview was very easy. A little over an hour but I talked for maybe 40 minutes. They explained the culture and career path for the rest of the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do sales?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

In person screening, then personality assessment paperwork. The interviewer scheduled another call with a sales engineer from another office but canceled at the last minute. He rescheduled the call later but by that time I had lost interested in this position with this company.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked about my experience. It was clear that he had only glanced at my resume.   Answer Question
    • Another employee that had the same job was brought in on the spot to chat with me about the job. He had no idea he would be talking with me that day.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Beaverton, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied and the next day I had an interview. I was very disappointed because I thought I had finally found a sales representative job I would really like. The listing clearly stated "no cold calling! Set salary of 50,000" and I thought "wow!" But I didn't find out until getting to the interview that that's just their way of lurring people into the company, it is all commission so there is no salary they just say "that's what we hope our sales people will do!" ......and at least four hours of the day is spent cold calling! So misleading. I left the interview as soon as the interviewer revealed what the real position they were looking for was.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions asking what my high school experience was like and what my family and friends are like, really strange experience. Whether I'm competitive, what I do for fun.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation (Beaverton, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Very brief, with two people who would be my direct supervisors. The environment was very professional, board room. Both were dressed very professionally, suit and tie... Simple questions, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• They do make you take a personality test which asks strange questions like: Do you prefer fashion or comfort? to test whether you're a good fit for the position. They do use this information to refuse you the position or decide to hire you and there's no way to know if you're answering the questions in a favorable manor.   Answer Question

Copier Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Office Automation in May 2016.

Interview

Ive been trying to get a job here twice now and it seems they have rediculous high standards. First time they just gave me a phone interview and then they never retured my calls. Second time i had a phone as well as 2 live interviews and again they never returned my calls. It would a great place to utilize my skills since i have 4 years in repair and customer service. I called in twice a week for a month to see if i got the job and i get ignored. I understand if you cant send a rejectio letter to everyone but not returning my calls after 3 interviews is straight up disrespectful. I would hae been fine if i got a call or email that i didt get the job so i could move on with life.

Interview Questions

• what kind of hobbies do you like.   1 Answer
    • asking personal questions   1 Answer