Pampered Chef Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.3

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Addison, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took 1 month. Initial Phone round with recruiter who is very friendly and walks you with the company overview and interview process, technical phone screen with hiring manager, later I was called onsite for a technical round which had a coding interview with a Sr Developer and second round was with Director discussing about the technology I was experienced with
    After 1 week I was again invited onsite for another 3 rounds onsite interview with CEO, CTO and CPO. After a week I was offered with the job and later was withdrawn as they were unable to figure out and resolve the visa issue

Junior Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from recruiter after few weeks and scheduled a phone interview, The recruiter called me he was in rush to end the call he told me he will forward my resume for next round, The next round was with software manager and he don't have any idea for what position he is interviewing and asked questions which are not mentioned in the job description. The interview process is very slow and the staff working have no idea what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Collections in Java?
      1 Answer

Director, Customer Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Addison, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from a recruiter ~5 weeks later. Completed a phone interview with the recruiter and then had 2 in-person interviews. First one was an hour long where the interviewer did nothing but walk through my resume. The second interview lasted an hour and 40 mins late on a Friday afternoon. We talked about my background and the interviewer asked me how I would address a few of the hurdles that he has now. He told me at the end of the interview the next step would be for me to meet with the officers of the company. I didn't hear back for 3 weeks and was told that they decided to go another way with the position. The recruiter had no feedback for me on why there was a change of mind.

Interview Questions

• How would you address the problem of employees with many years of tenure at the top of the pay scale.   Answer Question

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Addison, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application and contacted a few weeks later by a contract recruiter via email. Phone screen with recruiter was very standard, progressed to phone interview with hiring manager (C-level exec) and then an in-person interview. Recruiter took about a week to respond to emails. She asked for my availability for a phone interview, I provided dates and she didn't respond until AFTER those dates had passed. Took equally as long to get a response after asked about my availability for on-site interview. Once scheduled it was then cancelled and rescheduled, which is tricky when you are taking time from your current job to be able to go to the interview.
    Heard nothing after the in person interview. Followed up via email and a few days later received a response that they were choosing to proceed with another candidate. Not sure I would have ever been updated if I had not taken it upon myself to ask.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Clarksville, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

easy going, very low key, self motivating, just explained process of being in direct sales. I have nothing else to say about this interview. nothing to say, nothing to say.. all questions and answers, very easy

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Addison, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to "ask a few questions". The interviewer asked LOTS of questions about work style and why I was looking for work. As soon as I asked why they are hiring for the position I got a LONG PAUSE! I researched them on Glassdoor and found out that they have a terrible reputation for lay-offs. That's the last thing I need!

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Addison, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It started off well. It was a regular phone interview with the usual questions including what my salary expectations were. When I asked her what the pay scale was for the position, there was no answer. Perhaps if she worded the question differently, (I see you have 10 years experience . . .), I would have been more apt to discuss pay, but when I asked if the position they were hiring for was a new position, the person quit, or there was a lay-off. I did not get a response to that question either. I was told that they were still interviewing, that I had the experience that they were looking for, but that she would send her recommendations to the creative manager and he would take it from there.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Racine, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an automated phone interview and I don't know why but I didn't feel comfortable with the questions asked. With it being an automated call I couldn't verify if I understood what they were asking. They took in my opinion a long time to to get back to me with the results of the call.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from an employer?   1 Answer

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef (Addison, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Who makes the positive reviews of this company? I interviewed for their IT recruiter position.
    Initial phone interview, onsite, then another phone interview with Scrum Master, for IT Recruiter position??

Anyway, after them canceling that phone interview with their Scrum Master, I said no. I got really fed up with their interview process, and their recruiting manager, Heather Hadrys wasn't impressive at all, dragging out the interview processes. It would have been better to either cancel the position up front, or just say unable to move forward, instead of adding on layers of extra interviews.

Overall, the whole experience left a bad taste.

Interview Questions

• How many people did you hire, time-to-fill, type of positions filled, challenges, cost savings, etc.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pampered Chef.

Interview

This part was like any other place. You apply then you get a call from HR. She set up an appointment then I met with a couple people. They called me back for a second interview. This was pretty routine of what you would expect. They called and checked the references.