Pampered Chef Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Pampered Chef CEO Tracy Britt Cool
Tracy Britt Cool

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generally friendly atmosphere and free products every once in a while (in 17 reviews)

• Great products which make it easier to sell (in 14 reviews)

1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Harvey, LA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Harvey, LA

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love all of the Pampered Chef products!!!
    The recipes are great too!
    My customers are always delighted with the delicious entrees & appetizers !!! The presentation always delights them!
    This is a fun business that I enjoy doing in addition to my career as a Social Worker!
    The training is excellent! !!
    I am in awe of the founder Doris who started her company from her own kitchen many years ago!!!
    Wonderful in every way! 😍

Cons

Very few cons to list!
    I am still thinking......!!! 😍

Advice to Management

😍Keep up the good work!
    The training is awesome!
    The fund raising for charity makes Pampered Chef even more endearing! !!
    Love it!!!

Aug 9, 2017 – Chief People Officer

So happy to hear you are enjoying your experience as a Pampered Chef Consultant. We couldn't do it without the amazing women and men in our field. Thanks for the feedback ! Wishing you much success... More

"Boring."

Pros

Good work-life balance, coworkers are generally friendly, strong hires recently, professional learning opportunities, modern workspace, fairly organized. Transparency in business objectives at all levels. Berkshire-Hathaway. Some teams have fun and do well.

Cons

Pampered Chef moves at slow pace, checks for permission often, and does a lot of talking without a lot of doing. Compensation is average, not competitive. Outdated technology, both internally and consumer-facing. Outdated ideas and strongholds by veteran coworkers. Trying really hard to have a modern culture but not getting there. Very corporate considering that they aren't huge-- fearlessness and risk-taking are discouraged and there is a fear of making mistakes. High turnover rate due to unhappy coworkers and restructuring. Executive leadership does not really have a pulse on their teams.

Advice to Management

Stay competitive in the marketplace through better technology. Keep working on reinvention: it's not enough to preach values, make people believe in them. Find some wiggle room in the top-down model. Diversify.

"Company's going downhill and is in re-branding, rebuilding mode"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits - medical, vacation, 401K. Generally friendly atmosphere and free products every once in a while.

Cons

Lost the family atmosphere among co-workers when the founder sold it to Berkshire-Hathaway, corporate culture took over and they took most of employees' little perks. Hiring micro-managers followed, and not surprisingly, revenue went down drastically. New team of officers are in rebuilding mode but most good people have been laid off or left and they couldn't hire enough to fill in positions leaving other employees to carry the burden of work they are not trained for. Majority of people who left are happier (spoke to most of them on Linked In) with their new gigs, including yours truly. Doesn't value loyalty. If you're working there a long time, they think of you as somewhat of a contributor to the slide and your days become numbered. May work best for new hires. They will probably like you more.

Advice to Management

Talk and listen to the common employees, the people who are actually down in the trenches doing the dirty work, and not to your managers and directors who are only very good at scheduling meetings and pointing fingers when something goes wrong. I heard they have a hard time filling out positions. I am not surprised at the very least.

"Not so great"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

finances seem to be good

Cons

leadership going off in different directions; employees confused

Advice to Management

get help on decisions

5. "Poor Upper Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cannot think of any pros.

Cons

Poorly run by upper management. Total disregard for the legal department as a whole.

6. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time

Pros

As far as multi-level marketing companies go, Pampered Chef is one of the best. The "buy in" has various price points and all are very reasonable, in my opinion. And you don't have to buy and store any inventory, it's all sold online.

If you can build your customer base, you have the potential to earn good money.

Cons

It sales, so if you're not comfortable selling then this probably isn't the right fit.

"Wish they would really listen, great potential"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Great products, huge brand loyalty which makes you proud. History of company is inspiring. Some really hardworking people here that make you want to do your best. Very book smart officer team. Driven and aspirational culture and that can be a great challenge to many.

Cons

Metric/kpi focus but no support to actually make the targets and if business changes, good luck trying to get flexibility. Poor work/life balance with no end in sight. Budget approach is too strict with no flex for training, recognition, team building unless in some teams with influence. Job security is always in question.

Advice to Management

Officer team needs EQ training and hands-on experience to better relate to the work that really occurs. Walk around all floors and areas, talk to people. Can't keep cutting jobs and achieve same results with no/little investment. Value experience and empower/trust your team vs micromanaging and analysis paralysis. You have some great people, let them do their job.

8. "All in what you make it"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Londonderry, NH
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Londonderry, NH

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products which make it easier to sell
    Website makes it easy to connect with customers
    The ability to have virtual parties is awesome if you make money at it!

Cons

Constant overwhelming contact from your director
    Costs quite a bit up front
    Cannot have a full time job and do this. There is just not enough time.

"Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Marketing in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Addison, IL

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart, authentic, passionate CEO; supportive manager who pushes our team to always improve; coworkers who I genuinely like and care about; work that's challenging; ability to affect change; opportunity and responsibility to directly contribute to key company goals; Berkshire Hathaway-owned; opportunities to take on projects outside of normal job scope; company and individuals departments often have events that allow coworkers to spend time together outside of work hours--whether at a volunteer event, happy hour event or other fun team bonding event; encouragement to attend conferences and participate in other development opportunities (paid for by company); consistent in-office development opportunities; ongoing anonymous surveying of coworkers to determine where and how the coworker experience can be improved--and subsequent action plans from officers to address areas for opportunity; most department heads open to flex hours for coworkers; discounted--and sometimes free--products (hey, it's a nice perk!); company has truly come a long way in a short time.

Cons

Consider improving the maternity leave to be a bit more competitive. Still some work to do to ensure company values are adhered to company-wide.

Advice to Management

I think the decisions that have been made over the last few years have been spot-on, even if they weren't "popular" with everyone in the company. Continue to find ways to reward and challenge high performers, and continue to offer career development programs. Ensure coworkers are accountable for upholding the company values.

Apr 17, 2017 – Chief People Officer

THANK YOU! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying the changes we are making at PC.
    For the last year, our business momentum has been very positive and we are seeing the results of all our hard... More

10. "Good track"

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

Team is amazing and work is interesting.

Cons

Please respond sooner so hiring can get little more easier

Advice to Management

Nothing yet. I haven't started so this advice would not be useful

Apr 17, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Happy to hear you are enjoying your experience at PC! Thanks for the note.