Pampered Chef Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Pampered Chef CEO Tracy Britt Cool
Tracy Britt Cool

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Generally friendly atmosphere and free products every once in a while (in 19 reviews)

• Great products which make it easier to sell (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any direct sales, you need to be self motivated and reasonably organized (in 6 reviews)

• Complete flexibility and control means to be successful you must be a self-motivated and committed individual (in 5 reviews)

"Independent Consultant"

Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Independent Consultant in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time (More than a year)

Pros

FLEXIBILITY! I meet a LOT of new people who aren't just customers- they become friends. I can back off from business if my home life is busy, or I can go to 'the nines' and work it as if it's a full-time career. I hope to be with the company for the next 20+ years. I left a teaching job so I could be home with my family, and immediately jumped into PC. I cook more, have more confidence in the kitchen, and I'm setting a good example for my kids both nutritionally and as they see my work ethic. I feel like we're treated really well by home office (who does a STELLAR job, in my mind), and I also feel that I can be passionate about the products and the company to my customers. There is a LOT of room for growth both personally and business-wise if you're willing to put in some effort/time to training. The more training and experience I have, the more successful my business will become. The training opportunities are endless. Lastly, I almost forgot- PRODUCTS! You get to use your work products at home. And, you can get them for free/discounted. :)

Cons

It does take a little while to get your sea legs if you're not familiar with business, but it's to be expected with anything new! Though you can start making income immediately, you have to invest time in your business to make it grow and make the big bucks. :) Also, if you're not used to being organized or self-directed with work, it does take a shift in your mindset and you have to build skills that you may not already bring to the table. Lastly, I feel that the company could do better with regards to feedback from consultants... They just may not have the infrastructure to deal with our feedback and to get back to us individually (who knows- they may pay attention but not respond), but I feel that is an important piece of the company puzzle that may be missing.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees (both at home office and independent consultants) feel appreciated and keep up with the perks for both lower level achievers and upper level achievers. Please often take stock (and respond) to our feedback if at all possible, and continue to grow the company. I feel that our company is on the rise, and I very much appreciate the work that is done... First and foremost though, PC should embody family and enrich lives- let's make sure it's 100% true, and that we never lose sight of making that goal a reality at home office and with consultants.

"Not bad, not to great"

I have been working at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team to work with besides upper management

Cons

They try to learn from there mistakes, but lack the initiative and foresight on many projects

Advice to Management

Stop having red tape everywhere

"Cannot Recommend"

Pros

Pampered Chef has many well-loved and quality products. The independent consultants are inspirational and provide meaning and purpose to your work.

Cons

Many employees have left the company or been let go, leaving many knowledge gaps. Culture of fear has created a risk-averse and high-pressure environment. The company appears to be trying to do much more with much less, which causes work-life balance to suffer and a significant burden on coworkers. It feels like there is a lack of trust between coworkers and leaders, which is harmful when trying to ensure empowerment, autonomy, and accountability.

Advice to Management

Listen your people. Model appropriate work habits and healthy balance as leaders. Your teams will work harder and smarter for you if they believe that you care about them as people, not just as workers. Recognize that many of your people are regularly and consistently sacrificing time with their families and discourage that — after all, you are trying to enrich lives one meal and one memory at a time.

Jan 23, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

We agree that our consultants are inspirational and they help drive us to fulfill our purpose of enriching lives; that's why we are so focused on delivering great solutions, experiences, and tools... More

"Great Company"

I have been working at Pampered Chef part-time

Pros

High quality product backed by a company that cares about families. I am in control of my schedule and my income.

Cons

For me there aren't any.

5. "Independent Consultant"

I worked at Pampered Chef part-time

Pros

great discounts, flexible hours, good commission structure

Cons

high monthly quota to remain active

Advice to Management

great support system in place for consultants

"Company message does not apply to their employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Attractive health benefit options comparably priced.

Cons

Management does not practice what it preaches. If change is so good why are so many of the old regime who make decisions still there?

Advice to Management

Message given to field "family time, meal time important" does not seem to apply to employees. Employees with any seniority are shown the door and their length of association is not valued. Just like the Bears , Bulls and the White Sox they're in a rebuilding phase. If you hope to be an influencer or make an impact in your career you won't be able to do it here. Good ideas are shot down and managers feel threatened. If you like being micromanaged then this will be your ideal job!
     Revolving door.

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are actively reinventing our business to best position Pampered Chef for future growth and this reinvention has brought changes that we’ve... More

"Stressful, unappreciated and undervalued. I can't recommend it for anyone."

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Addison, IL

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sometimes you receive free product as a gift.

Cons

I worked for Pampered Chef in the Customer Care department for five years. I was working hard and waiting for the day when all of my hard work would finally be appreciated. That day never came and instead I got a slap in the face (figuratively) . The department is a very stressful high volume call center, with enough "metrics and stats' to make the tax code seem simple by comparison. I was a pretty good employee. My stats were always pretty good, and received positive feedback from my superiors and customers. My reviews were also good, but the raises were a pittance. I always took on extra tasks when asked, including assisting with training new hires. I was assisting them with their questions and helping them answer live calls, apparently my own work suffered a bit because I was doing as asked & assisting the new hires while doing my job at the same time. When I received a write up because my "average call time was too high" I felt betrayed and unappreciated and I had to make a change. The reason my calls suffered is because the new employees had to ask me questions because there was no supervisor around to assist them. Also, after being there 5 years my pay had only been increased by $1.50 or so IN 5 YEARS TIME, THIS IS RIDICULOUS. This company actually gives people $0.25 cents raises, sometimes $0.10 cent raises , and sometimes no raise at all. This organization is ALL about the bottom line and does not care about keeping good employees. Most of the positive reviews they get are from the independent sales consultants, who do NOT work at the office and they don't really know what is going on with the company. This is definitely a culture is a culture of fear - constantly worrying about being written up for something stupid - and you never know when the next "reorg" will happen. All of sudden a whole bunch of people just get laid off. Pampered Chef is NOT a place to work happy nor a place where employees are valued. I finally opened my eyes and realized I am better than this and left voluntarily. I am much happier with my new employer and have been at my new job 10 months. I am compensated MUCH better and have much less stress in my life. Stay away from Pampered Chef.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

Thank you for your taking the time to share your thoughts. As we reinvent the business we’ve established a set of core values to guide us through this time of change. One of those core values is... More

"Independent Sales Consultant"

Pros

Great benefits and incentives, great mission statement, company believes in its consultants,

Cons

It is 100% commission, so sometimes you have hard months.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

"PC=Poor Choice"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes you receive free product

Cons

This company is led by an Officer team that is not aligned and often works in their own Silo. It is ALL about the bottom line not their employees well being. Most positive reviews are by Consultants that do NOT know Corporate or the culture. The culture is a culture of fear- you never know when the next "reorg" will happen. This is NOT a place to work happy nor a place where employees are valued.

Advice to Management

Perhaps read a book about the benefits of an engaged workforce and the value of employees not just the value of what the data says.

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

We appreciate you taking the time to post. Cross-team collaboration is crucial to achieving our results and like many organizations we can continue to improve our collaboration at all levels. In... More

"Job Seekers Beware"

I worked at Pampered Chef full-time

Pros

There really are no pros

Cons

Autocratic management team, CEO and CFO who have no experience running and managing a company, CTO who has no clear technology point of view and the CMO is the definition of a bully. The overall leadership team treats people with such disrespect that this is not a place to build or grow a career. It's an exhausting place to work.

There is no flexibility, the location is not good and you are required to work in Addison daily. The leadership wants you to believe that they are a start-up in the midst of a reinvention. It's a dated company that is trying to revive itself into a relevant company. You will not build skills, you will not receive any training, you will not have a career path. What you will be is exhausted from working ridiculous hours, and will get tired of the daily battles with leadership to make decisions within your function. There is only one person that makes decisions at PC and it's not the people doing the work. The benefits are extremely expensive and very mediocre.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, have a real value proposition that means something to people and be authentic; not a single person on the leadership team is authentic. Deliver on the promises you are making to prospective new hires.

Jan 10, 2018 – Director - Talent Strategies

While we are focused on improving in many areas of the business, we do recognize that Pampered Chef isn’t for everyone. We are looking for individuals who are delivering great results, are passionate... More