Panduit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given 3 interviews for this internship position: 2 phone interviews, and a final on-site interview at their headquarters in Illinois.

The first interview was with a recruiter. The questions consisted of the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions and other general questions about myself as a person. There were no technical or position specific questions during this interview.

The second interview was with a hiring manager. We spoke briefly regarding my experience in school, side projects, and my familiarity with the technologies required for the position. The hiring manager also described the position in-depth, and what to expect if I were to get the position.

For the third (and final) interview, I was brought on-site to their global headquarters in Illinois. This interview took place entirely in a small conference room off of the main lobby, and was mostly a discussion of my familiarity with various programming concepts. Although I was told the interview would last an hour and a half, it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Selection process was fantastic! The interview went well with the Talent Acquisition Director and 2 Technical Recruiters that were able to start providing knowledge of the Panduit corporate culture from the start of my interviewing process.

The team was very open and honest with me about position expectations.

Negotiation

Great negoation process where I felt as if the company really played to my advantage on career growth & training, benefits & compensation and work/life balance.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

The phone screens were pretty typical. The recruiter was letting me know I was their guy, I was the only one being interviewed and that I should let him know if I had any other offers pending, so that they could make a quick counter offer (remember, this is before I've met them in person!)

Travel plans and transportation to their offices were conducted very professionally. If you travel via air to Tinley Park for the interviews, you'll probably get a ride from the airport to Panduit in their limo service. Those guys are awesome!

The interviews were mostly straightforward. One peculiar thing was that each interviewer was given a list of questions to ask and made a point to let me know that they were told to ask the question and then read it verbatim from their interview sheet. The interviewers were very professional and pleasant, and the new HQ is very nice. All the interviews seemed to go well. As I attempted to close the hiring manager about my interest in the company and timing of the next steps, he mentioned that they couldn't really share any details because they were also interviewing a number of other candidates. This seemed to contradict the earlier comments from HR, but it was about to get more confusing.

After the interviews....everything went haywire! I was asked to do several more phone interviews, some were canceled and rescheduled. Then, a call from the hiring manager's admin saying that the hiring manager wanted to speak with me. Then, he canceled. HR called and told me that they would not be writing an offer, but the hiring manager wanted to speak with me directly about it. Then, nothing. I have no idea why I wasn't chosen, as no feedback was given. Very bizarre ending to a confusing process.

Caveat emptor!

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume, calling out any noteworthy achievements.   Answer Question
    • Why are you the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to HR and a string of people in associated roles and departments. All occured in one day at the corporate HQ facility.

The questions were all scripted. The people just read from forms. Very lifeless. No enthusiam from any of the interviewers, except the HR person who was new. At the end of the afternoon the last person just left me in a conference room- did not even walk me to the receptionist. I walked myself out and in the parking lot wondered why anyone would work at this company. I wasted no time following up.

Did get a free lunch and they paid my expenses in a timely manner.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Succinct and well organised. The recruiter communicated via email every week during the process and provided helpful tips to prepare for the next round of interviews. During the interview many of the questions are behavioural based so be prepared with previous experiences that illustrate how you collaborate, contribute and lead a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you where able to negotiate.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in September 2007.

Interview

I was surprised I had to talk with so many people. The interview process took two weeks. I was disappointed in some of their questions, but they were more interested in telling me about themselves and the company, so I just listened. They kept talking about the company's future vision and I was more interested in "what is it I am going to be doing for this company". I wasn't impressed with the building but was told there were plans to build a new headquarters, so I was okay with that.

Interview Questions

• The question was as I remember it 'Your job will be in Tinley Park, but will you be willing to travel to the other divisions on a daily basis - maybe 2 or 3 divisions to attend meetings, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They kept asking if I would take less money? I thought that was strange. People change jobs to make more money, not to just break even. It took 3 counter offers to get something close to what I wanted and in hindsight, I did not make a good move by working for this company.

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in July 2007.

Interview

The interview process was good. Learned enough about the company to want to take the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficulty negotiating vacation time.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panduit (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Behavioral targeted questions usually with multiple people including functional peers, cross functional peers, direct report to manager, next level up manager, as well as HR. Interview process started with phone screening with hiring manager, was over 2 day period to ensure the right interviewers were available. Unfortunately the decision process took 5+ weeks due to layers approval processes by upper management.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you...how did you go about solving....what was the outcome...how did you apply to future situations:
       - had conflict with a customer,
      - conflict with employee,
      - didn't & know the answer to solve a problem
       - made the wrong decision
      - changed behavior of a team   1 Answer

Negotiation

This company is not accustomed to negotiation but was able to increase vacation time by one week

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by someone internally and had met with the manager offsite before the job was even posted. Applied for the job and went through a 1/2 day interview with manager and people on the team. The hiring decision dragged on for months with many excuses given about their delays in the hiring process and they ended up promoting an internal candidate. They have also re-posted the job several times since then. Not a good interview experience and it says alot about their organizational culture and management team. Their range was also below market value.

Associate Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Cumming, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen with recruiter, followed by phone interview with the hiring manager and finally an onsite interview where I met with hiring manager and a senior level manager. Made it to the onsite interview and following this, it took 2 weeks to get a decision from the hiring manager all to find out they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. This was disappointing as this was supposed to be an entry level position, and the job description was not in unison with what they were actually looking for. The hiring manager wasn't at all pleasing at the facility and didn't seem engaged during the entire interview and was just not pleasant in the slightest. Panduit uses a third party recruiting service, Accolo, and i dealt with a woman who was fantastic and made the experience a lot better than what it could've been. Overall, Panduit is good at wasting people's time as you would think they would provide the internal candidates an opportunity before making it open to all, and this was an entry level position. If this is how they treat candidates, I can't imagine actually working for them. Hiring manager couldn't make up his mind and had no respect for their candidates. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• How do you make decision, followed by a quick decision?   1 Answer