Panduit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given 3 interviews for this internship position: 2 phone interviews, and a final on-site interview at their headquarters in Illinois.

The first interview was with a recruiter. The questions consisted of the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions and other general questions about myself as a person. There were no technical or position specific questions during this interview.

The second interview was with a hiring manager. We spoke briefly regarding my experience in school, side projects, and my familiarity with the technologies required for the position. The hiring manager also described the position in-depth, and what to expect if I were to get the position.

For the third (and final) interview, I was brought on-site to their global headquarters in Illinois. This interview took place entirely in a small conference room off of the main lobby, and was mostly a discussion of my familiarity with various programming concepts. Although I was told the interview would last an hour and a half, it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

National Account Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit in August 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application to Panduit I received a call from one of Accolo's recruiters (I'll call Y) to set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager at Panduit (I'll all X). (Panduit contracts with Accolo for their recruiting.) This call went well and Y set up a face-to-face interview for me with X, that occurred a couple of weeks later. This interview went very well. X asked if I could send references to Y and was I available for a panel interview with X's boss and a few other executives in Chicago the following Friday. I cleared my schedule and Y set up my travel for this interview. Prior to ending the interview with X I asked who my competition was for the job. He said it was an internal candidate, but my chances were very good based on my background, experience and network.

I interviewed in Chicago with two sales executives from Panduit for approximately an hour the following Friday. One of the interviewers doodled on my resume as I answered their questions.

I followed up with thank you emails to the two interviewers over the weekend. I called X on Tuesday and asked if he received any feedback. X remarked that he had not yet debriefed with them yet, but would before he went on vacation the next day. I asked the same question to Y via email and didn't get a response. X told me he would be back from vacation on 8/21 and an official decision would be made early that week. I asked X if I was still in the hunt, "unoffiically," and he responded, "yes sir."

On Tuesday morning, 8/22, I received a call from Y and was told that the team was moving forward with me and offered congratulations. Y then asked a series of questions relating to the written offer and what would be acceptable to me. I answered Y's questions and asked when I would be receiving the offer. "I should have it you in a couple of days," was Y's response.

I waited two days and sent X an email saying how psyched I was to be part of the team and thanked X for making the decision to hire me. Meanwhile, no offer from Y. On Friday night of that week I received an email response from X stating they would be making the final decision on Monday or Tuesday of the next week. I was incredulous and immediately responded back that Y had told me earlier in the week that they had made the decision to move forward with me, which was why I had sent X the thank you email. X didn't reply.

On Sunday I emailed Y to convey the information that I had received from X on Friday. I also emailed X over the weekend to try and get him to explain exactly what was going on. X didn't respond to these emails. Y emailed me on Monday morning denying that she said I was selected for the job. I immediately emailed her back and relayed my notes from our conversation. No response from Y, who was caught in a lie and ignored my request to come clean.

No email, or phone calls from X on Monday or Tuesday. Finally, I sent a text to X on Tuesday night asking him what was going on. He texted me back later that night saying they had decided to move on the internal candidate. WTF! How can Accolo and Panduit think they can get away with this type of treatment. Answer: they do it every day!

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL).

Interview

Spoke with HR and several managers. Either the managers were completely new to the dept or acted like they were. They asked questions to a 10 year experience person that anyone with experience should have already went past that point. They sounded more like they were phishing for information or wanted to learn.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes did you make.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with two superiors plus two on-site interviews - with both on on one and panel interviews, tour and discussion with internal recruitment person plus follow-up via phone regarding offer expectations

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position and how do you feel this position will be different?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by someone internally and had met with the manager offsite before the job was even posted. Applied for the job and went through a 1/2 day interview with manager and people on the team. The hiring decision dragged on for months with many excuses given about their delays in the hiring process and they ended up promoting an internal candidate. They have also re-posted the job several times since then. Not a good interview experience and it says alot about their organizational culture and management team. Their range was also below market value.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

The interview was scheduled for seven hours with six different people. The person I would have been reporting to said he was leaving in a few weeks. No lunch was provided and by the end of the day I was answering the same questions I answered earlier in the day. There was a fair mix of technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are transferring a large file over small bandwidth using TCP how will the file transfer take?   1 Answer

Panduit Response

Jan 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience at Panduit. We are working with our hiring managers to simplify/streamline the interview process and ensure that our candidates... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Succinct and well organised. The recruiter communicated via email every week during the process and provided helpful tips to prepare for the next round of interviews. During the interview many of the questions are behavioural based so be prepared with previous experiences that illustrate how you collaborate, contribute and lead a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you where able to negotiate.   1 Answer

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview took about half day. One to one six interviews were conducted. Each was between 30min to 60min long. All interviewers showed high level of respect and appreciation. They were super friendly and open for my questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were on two parts, the first part is pure technical and the second part was more into management.   Answer Question

Panduit Response

Jul 10, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience! We're glad that your overall experience was positive and that you ultimately decided to join our team. Thanks again.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked to HR and a string of people in associated roles and departments. All occured in one day at the corporate HQ facility.

The questions were all scripted. The people just read from forms. Very lifeless. No enthusiam from any of the interviewers, except the HR person who was new. At the end of the afternoon the last person just left me in a conference room- did not even walk me to the receptionist. I walked myself out and in the parking lot wondered why anyone would work at this company. I wasted no time following up.

Did get a free lunch and they paid my expenses in a timely manner.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panduit.

Interview

Interviewed by 5 different people ranging from HR, senior engineering manager, engineering manager and engineers. Interview took about 5 hours. Listed below are behavioral questions. There were also technical question on the engineering subject matter. If you know who will be interviewing, look at their profile on linked-in to get ideas of their background to help with the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone made you uncomfortable or irritated and it resulted in a disagreement   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a disagreement or conflict well.
      Tell me about a time you got results that far exceeded your own expectations.
      Tell me about a time when you organized and managed others on a complex task from start to finish
      Describe a time when you took a significant personal risk (career, personal)   Answer Question