Panduit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was given 3 interviews for this internship position: 2 phone interviews, and a final on-site interview at their headquarters in Illinois.

The first interview was with a recruiter. The questions consisted of the standard "tell me about a time when..." questions and other general questions about myself as a person. There were no technical or position specific questions during this interview.

The second interview was with a hiring manager. We spoke briefly regarding my experience in school, side projects, and my familiarity with the technologies required for the position. The hiring manager also described the position in-depth, and what to expect if I were to get the position.

For the third (and final) interview, I was brought on-site to their global headquarters in Illinois. This interview took place entirely in a small conference room off of the main lobby, and was mostly a discussion of my familiarity with various programming concepts. Although I was told the interview would last an hour and a half, it ended up being closer to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to take a leadership role.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit.

Interview

Short 30 minute phone screening, then a few weeks later a roughly an hour long semi-technical interview based on mostly behavioral questions. They also asked to describe some of your projects that you work on.

Customer Experience Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter for phone interview, which went very well. She forwarded me to the hiring manager, who I had another phone interview with 2 days later. She forwarded me to take an assessment, which I passed. I was then invited for a face-to-face interview three days later.
    I interviewed with three women managers at one time, was suppose to be four, but one did not show up at all. Each throwing behavioral questions at me one after the other. One manager stared at me the entire interview, which made me very uncomfortable. I was then interviewed by the hiring manager. She literately walked into the conference room with her nose turned up. She straighten her face once she saw that I was looking at her. Very stressful interview. Cold!!!!! I was told they would be interviewing all week, and they would have a debriefing the following week. I would know something by end of the next week. Well I got a rejection email the next day. It stated after reviewing my experience and background, that I did not met the requirements. How did I get two phone interviews, pass an assessment, and an invite for an interview, if I was not qualified!!! Just as the reviews state, there is no diversity in that company. I am a minority. I was unfairly treated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how would I handle it if there was a sudden change in my life . I asked her to repeat it. Life is full of events that happen suddenly. I answered it the best I could.   Answer Question

Associate Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panduit (Cumming, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen with recruiter, followed by phone interview with the hiring manager and finally an onsite interview where I met with hiring manager and a senior level manager. Made it to the onsite interview and following this, it took 2 weeks to get a decision from the hiring manager all to find out they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. This was disappointing as this was supposed to be an entry level position, and the job description was not in unison with what they were actually looking for. The hiring manager wasn't at all pleasing at the facility and didn't seem engaged during the entire interview and was just not pleasant in the slightest. Panduit uses a third party recruiting service, Accolo, and i dealt with a woman who was fantastic and made the experience a lot better than what it could've been. Overall, Panduit is good at wasting people's time as you would think they would provide the internal candidates an opportunity before making it open to all, and this was an entry level position. If this is how they treat candidates, I can't imagine actually working for them. Hiring manager couldn't make up his mind and had no respect for their candidates. Stay away!

Interview Questions

• How do you make decision, followed by a quick decision?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty straight forward. I was recommended by someone else. After an initial phone screen by HR, who was very pleasant, I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager later that day. It was a bit rushed but the questions he asked were straight forward and to the point. Following that conversation I was invited into the office to meet the team, including the person I would be replacing (she was retiring). This took place 2 days later at the Tinley location. The office interview took three hours. 2 people each hour. Overall, I enjoyed the meeting with everyone. I got excited about the role just speaking with two of the people. Everyone was so nice and pleasant and the facility is top notch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Panduit.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person interview. The technical questions were not challenging at all. The interviewer was not prepared to engage in a meaning full conversation about the company and its plans for the future like new products.

Interview Questions

• Typical useless questions, like what is your plan in the next 10 years....   1 Answer

National Account Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit in August 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume and application to Panduit I received a call from one of Accolo's recruiters (I'll call Y) to set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager at Panduit (I'll all X). (Panduit contracts with Accolo for their recruiting.) This call went well and Y set up a face-to-face interview for me with X, that occurred a couple of weeks later. This interview went very well. X asked if I could send references to Y and was I available for a panel interview with X's boss and a few other executives in Chicago the following Friday. I cleared my schedule and Y set up my travel for this interview. Prior to ending the interview with X I asked who my competition was for the job. He said it was an internal candidate, but my chances were very good based on my background, experience and network.

I interviewed in Chicago with two sales executives from Panduit for approximately an hour the following Friday. One of the interviewers doodled on my resume as I answered their questions.

I followed up with thank you emails to the two interviewers over the weekend. I called X on Tuesday and asked if he received any feedback. X remarked that he had not yet debriefed with them yet, but would before he went on vacation the next day. I asked the same question to Y via email and didn't get a response. X told me he would be back from vacation on 8/21 and an official decision would be made early that week. I asked X if I was still in the hunt, "unoffiically," and he responded, "yes sir."

On Tuesday morning, 8/22, I received a call from Y and was told that the team was moving forward with me and offered congratulations. Y then asked a series of questions relating to the written offer and what would be acceptable to me. I answered Y's questions and asked when I would be receiving the offer. "I should have it you in a couple of days," was Y's response.

I waited two days and sent X an email saying how psyched I was to be part of the team and thanked X for making the decision to hire me. Meanwhile, no offer from Y. On Friday night of that week I received an email response from X stating they would be making the final decision on Monday or Tuesday of the next week. I was incredulous and immediately responded back that Y had told me earlier in the week that they had made the decision to move forward with me, which was why I had sent X the thank you email. X didn't reply.

On Sunday I emailed Y to convey the information that I had received from X on Friday. I also emailed X over the weekend to try and get him to explain exactly what was going on. X didn't respond to these emails. Y emailed me on Monday morning denying that she said I was selected for the job. I immediately emailed her back and relayed my notes from our conversation. No response from Y, who was caught in a lie and ignored my request to come clean.

No email, or phone calls from X on Monday or Tuesday. Finally, I sent a text to X on Tuesday night asking him what was going on. He texted me back later that night saying they had decided to move on the internal candidate. WTF! How can Accolo and Panduit think they can get away with this type of treatment. Answer: they do it every day!

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panduit (Lockport, IL).

Interview

Spoke with HR and several managers. Either the managers were completely new to the dept or acted like they were. They asked questions to a 10 year experience person that anyone with experience should have already went past that point. They sounded more like they were phishing for information or wanted to learn.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes did you make.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening with two superiors plus two on-site interviews - with both on on one and panel interviews, tour and discussion with internal recruitment person plus follow-up via phone regarding offer expectations

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current position and how do you feel this position will be different?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by someone internally and had met with the manager offsite before the job was even posted. Applied for the job and went through a 1/2 day interview with manager and people on the team. The hiring decision dragged on for months with many excuses given about their delays in the hiring process and they ended up promoting an internal candidate. They have also re-posted the job several times since then. Not a good interview experience and it says alot about their organizational culture and management team. Their range was also below market value.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panduit (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

The interview was scheduled for seven hours with six different people. The person I would have been reporting to said he was leaving in a few weeks. No lunch was provided and by the end of the day I was answering the same questions I answered earlier in the day. There was a fair mix of technical and non-technical questions.

Interview Questions

• If you are transferring a large file over small bandwidth using TCP how will the file transfer take?   1 Answer

Panduit Response

Jan 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Program Manager

Thanks so much for the feedback regarding your interview experience at Panduit. We are working with our hiring managers to simplify/streamline the interview process and ensure that our candidates... More