Parsons Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2018

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Oakland, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by an in person interview. The phone interview was fairly basic. He asked questions about my autocad skills and how proficient I was at microsoft office. The in person interview took about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• AutoCAD skills and transportation engineering related skills   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interviews only. Scheduled four separate phone interviews with management and engineering team. Interviews delayed up to an hour or cancelled because they were busy. Was given easy OOP-related questions.

Biosafety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Completed an application online. A sourcing specialist from Parsons contacted me for a phone interview. The sourcing specialist was friendly and professional on the phone; however, she did seem a bit disorganized. For example, she sent me a job description that had more detail than what was listed on the job posting, but it had a DIFFERENT COMPANY'S name at the top of it. She told me "Just pretend it says Parsons instead!" I understand that in govt contractor roles different companies bid on the same projects, but this was unacceptable. She also couldn't tell me if the role was hourly or salaried (which would a difference in the nature of the job itself).

Anyway, a lead recruiter (different person from the sourcing specialist) from Parsons reached out to me shortly after this initial phone interview to schedule a second phone interview with the project manager for this particular project. The project manager was very professional and easy to talk to, and he was able to answer the questions I had about the position. The lead recruiter later contacted me and set up an in person interview for the following week. At this point, I was starting to feel like I would be a good fit for this role and felt excited that they were moving me forward.

The in person interview... changed everything. It was a panel interview with the project manager I spoke to on the phone (who had flown out to the project site for the interview, among other things I assume) and 3 girls (I say girls for a reason) who I assume I would be working closely with if I took the job. While I got very good vibes from the project manager, these 3 girls were extremely unprofessional and rude to me during this interview. First of all, they didn't really ask me very many questions about my background or experience; in fact, I felt like I was asking them more questions about the job than they did about me. And when I did ask my questions about the position/the company/etc., they looked at each other and me like I was speaking in gibberish before giving vague answers. These weren't difficult questions I was asking, either. Just your basic "questions to ask during a job interview" questions. Just from the way they were acting and the way they treated me, I knew immediately that it wasn't going to be a good fit. What really threw me off was that they gave me a quiz to take, but STAYED IN THE INTERVIEW ROOM AND TALKED WITH EACH OTHER WHILE I TOOK THE QUIZ. I ended up missing half the things on the quiz and I feel like that wouldn't have happened had they left the room for me to take the quiz in silence. The entire in person interview experience gave off disorganized, unstructured, and unprofessional vibes. I didn't end up getting the job and I have never been so happy to get a job rejection.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, they hardly asked me anything substantial.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

They get more than 300 applications for just their internship position so they might not call every interviewer. They understand that interns don't have much experience in the field so they ask behavioral questions. Clearance preferred.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and they even gave me a list of things to look over a couple of days before the call. Just had the one phone interview and then had some back and forth with the HR department.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the IP of a Windows or Linux machine?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a sorting algorithm?   1 Answer

Junior Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in September 2017.

Interview

Called me 2 days after applying for the position. Seemed very eager to get the ball rolling and scheduled a technical interview for 2 days after initial phone call. Everyone who I talked to seemed nice and eager to answer whatever questions I had. After a week I get a no-reply email that the position had been canceled. This was more frustrating than a flat out rejection, as it meant I had wasted time applying for a position thats existence was uncertain at best.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe in giving away answers. Know your data structures, sorts, how they work, and time complexities.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening, followed by a telephone interview, and an in-person interview. On the whole the entire group was very pleasant and incredibly great to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had friction in a team you lead.   1 Answer

Structur Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview, and 1 in-person interview. The tine from phone to in-person interview was less than a week. The VP that was doing the interview barley smiled which made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe 1 occasion when you didn't agree with your employer, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Informal interview process with 30 mins discussion over the telephone followed by an in-person interview. Very relaxed interview with none of the cliche interview questions. The focus of the interview was primarily on my experience and motivation for joining the firm. The interviewer allowed me to ask numerous questions a the end of the interview, which was very informative.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. There were 2 rounds- phone and personal interview. Phone screening was mainly resume topics discussion like experience, education etc. Personal interview was with the team