Parsons Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parsons Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and they even gave me a list of things to look over a couple of days before the call. Just had the one phone interview and then had some back and forth with the HR department.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the IP of a Windows or Linux machine?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a sorting algorithm?   1 Answer

Junior Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in September 2017.

Interview

Called me 2 days after applying for the position. Seemed very eager to get the ball rolling and scheduled a technical interview for 2 days after initial phone call. Everyone who I talked to seemed nice and eager to answer whatever questions I had. After a week I get a no-reply email that the position had been canceled. This was more frustrating than a flat out rejection, as it meant I had wasted time applying for a position thats existence was uncertain at best.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe in giving away answers. Know your data structures, sorts, how they work, and time complexities.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening, followed by a telephone interview, and an in-person interview. On the whole the entire group was very pleasant and incredibly great to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had friction in a team you lead.   1 Answer

Structur Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview, and 1 in-person interview. The tine from phone to in-person interview was less than a week. The VP that was doing the interview barley smiled which made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe 1 occasion when you didn't agree with your employer, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Informal interview process with 30 mins discussion over the telephone followed by an in-person interview. Very relaxed interview with none of the cliche interview questions. The focus of the interview was primarily on my experience and motivation for joining the firm. The interviewer allowed me to ask numerous questions a the end of the interview, which was very informative.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. There were 2 rounds- phone and personal interview. Phone screening was mainly resume topics discussion like experience, education etc. Personal interview was with the team

Entry Level Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an employee on the HR team. She went over my background and explained the position in minimal detail. She then scheduled and interview with one of the engineers on the team to which I was applying. This took place roughly a week later. I was asked technical questions, but nothing overly complex. He was just trying to gauge my knowledge. I received a follow-up email 3 days later saying that they were looking for a more experienced candidate relative to the skills needed for the position. Overall, the interview process was well done and every conversation that I had was handled professionally and politely.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in June 2017.

Interview

Laughable.

It consisted of a conversation at lunch with the office manager, then a recruiter called me and got my info, then I filled out an application, then the guy who interviewed me told me he had no power to make a say in anything and said his regional manager in another state would make the decision. Then the recruiter called me and said my application was submitted with a strong recommendation for hire and asked that I would apply for a second position at Parsons in a different state. Things sound good, right? Normal, right? Yeah....

Then the office manager told me it wasn't going to work out because some unnamed person in the regional office said he knew me and said some negative things about me. Apparently Parsons doesn't know the internet exists because after I beat myself up I took 15 minutes on Linkedin to look up the personnel in that office and saw that in 15 pages of profiles there is nobody in that office who knows me. So, after being lied to and tricked into beating up on myself over said lies, I told them to withdraw my application and I wasn't interested.

Of course, the next day, instead of letting it go or talking to me about it, they put it on the recruiter to call me on the phone and tell me they weren't going to accept my application for employment.

In the end, the big excuse I got was Parsons is "risk-averse". My advice to anyone considering this company is do the same and avoid the risk of working in a place where leadership is this weak.

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember what we talked to at lunch. Just run of the mill shoot the bull about the biz type stuff. It took well over two months to get to this point as is even though the office manager said they needed people badly. Their office must be a mess.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call a few weeks later. Set up phone interview and then went on to meet up at headquarters in Pasadena. Very easy! Mostly asked about my resume and experience with projects and past leadership

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met with two project managers to discuss possible work projects. Then met with other project managers to determine if they also had work for which I was qualified. Discussed my qualifications for the possible projects.