Parsons Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parsons Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.6

Computer Engineer Interview

Interview

Parsons human resources reached out to me and asked for my availability for a phone interview. The interview went smoothly, with several questions about past work, experience, projects, and classes. Additional questions were on basic programming. It was concluded after giving me the chance to ask questions of my own.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2009.

Interview

i was asked about my background and how much healthcare experience. the interviewer was very friendly. i told him about my education, my interpersonal skills and my overall knowledge and experience. when it was over, i had a good feeling that i was going to get the job. we were on the same page.

Interview Questions

• what knowledge of healthcare architecture/engineering do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i wanted a little more money but i still accepted the offer because i was lucky to have it

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Columbia, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

HR set up the interview date, time and place. HR sent out in advance a few documents that were required for the interview. The day before the interview HR called to make sure everything was clear and to know if I needed special accommodations. Upon arrival the HR rep received me at the door and walked me to the office, offered water. A panel of 3 people were with me during the interview, they all asked questions about work and my daily routine outside work.

Interview Questions

• Describe what I would do in an specific situtation   1 Answer

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Commissioner and Project Manager. Would you be willing to relocate if your employer required it? (It may be necessary for your field.) Do you speak any foreign languages?

Interview Questions

• What construction jobs did I work on, and what was the best and worst experience.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

On campus interview after career fair. Expected a general, behavioral interview but it was a technical interview. It started off with going over my resume, then started asking simple technical questions to more sophisticated ones. I wasn't asked to actually code anything, but I was asked to explain the algorithm that solves the problem as well as time efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Open ended, but simple questions like "what is an operating system?" were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not ask if I can negotiate. I was ok with the offer and I just accepted it.

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Overall a very nice interview process. The lead recruiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. The interviewing managers were all very nice and open to questions.

1.Prescreen with recruiter, very helpful and friendly conversation discussing if this job would be a good fit and if I have the skills required.

2.Technical Phone Interview with a Manager.

3.Code Questions, take home but timed as soon as the document opens.

4.Personality Interview with a live coding interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone Technical -

Questions regarding Parallel processing, network protocols, algorithms, data structures, and OOD.   Answer Question
    • Code Questions -

They are all (9 of them) easy enough to get all right, but optimization is key. Choose Java or C++. None were difficult. Completed on an online shared document.   Answer Question
    • Personal Interview / Live Coding Session -

Get to know you interview to make sure other managers find you a good fit. Then you do some problems in Java on a live collaboration website. Again, they are looking for how you work through the problems. None of them were difficult, but the process was more involved than the questions given before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Q and A interview with four employees in separate interviews. Pretty traditional questions. Nothing that made you think hard. They were not able to provide much information on the actual product due to the nature of the program.

Interview Questions

• Pretty traditional questions. Nothing that made you think hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made a reasonable offer and I accepted after they offered a 5k sign-on bonus

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Columbia, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

My interview process was over the phone after exchanging a few emails with a manager / researcher. We talked about the code on my github and had more of a discussion about technical details. After waiting about a day an HR person called me with an internship offer. The internship was my interview. After my internship and degree were finished thereafter, the director called me himself asking if I wanted a job.

Interview Questions

• Tasked with creating several projects and demos as an intern.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in October 2016.

Interview

Highly informal. The entire process consisted of one interview outside my school's career fair, in a courtyard. Standard interview fare... we analyzed hash table operations and average-case and worst-case scenarios, as well as the two main ways hash tables are implemented. Also talked about other algorithmic concepts at a very high level. There was no whiteboard, nothing, just a conversation on mostly algorithmic analysis. I got an email two weeks after this interview/conversation with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst-case complexity for hash-table insertion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centreville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Centreville, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a response from recruiter to take an online coding assessment test. Coding examples were easy enough, but I still got a candid response from recruiter that I did not get the position. Not sure exactly what they want, but hard working and determined isn't what these guys care about in their employees.

Interview Questions

• Phone call consisted of general niceties and going over the positions at Parsons. Coding examples were for anagrams, averaging, and string sorting through a third party website. Candid response from recruiting that I didn't follow instructions, however, recruiter couldn't clarify for me what those missed instructions were.   Answer Question