Parsons Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

2.6

Biosafety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Completed an application online. A sourcing specialist from Parsons contacted me for a phone interview. The sourcing specialist was friendly and professional on the phone; however, she did seem a bit disorganized. For example, she sent me a job description that had more detail than what was listed on the job posting, but it had a DIFFERENT COMPANY'S name at the top of it. She told me "Just pretend it says Parsons instead!" I understand that in govt contractor roles different companies bid on the same projects, but this was unacceptable. She also couldn't tell me if the role was hourly or salaried (which would a difference in the nature of the job itself).

Anyway, a lead recruiter (different person from the sourcing specialist) from Parsons reached out to me shortly after this initial phone interview to schedule a second phone interview with the project manager for this particular project. The project manager was very professional and easy to talk to, and he was able to answer the questions I had about the position. The lead recruiter later contacted me and set up an in person interview for the following week. At this point, I was starting to feel like I would be a good fit for this role and felt excited that they were moving me forward.

The in person interview... changed everything. It was a panel interview with the project manager I spoke to on the phone (who had flown out to the project site for the interview, among other things I assume) and 3 girls (I say girls for a reason) who I assume I would be working closely with if I took the job. While I got very good vibes from the project manager, these 3 girls were extremely unprofessional and rude to me during this interview. First of all, they didn't really ask me very many questions about my background or experience; in fact, I felt like I was asking them more questions about the job than they did about me. And when I did ask my questions about the position/the company/etc., they looked at each other and me like I was speaking in gibberish before giving vague answers. These weren't difficult questions I was asking, either. Just your basic "questions to ask during a job interview" questions. Just from the way they were acting and the way they treated me, I knew immediately that it wasn't going to be a good fit. What really threw me off was that they gave me a quiz to take, but STAYED IN THE INTERVIEW ROOM AND TALKED WITH EACH OTHER WHILE I TOOK THE QUIZ. I ended up missing half the things on the quiz and I feel like that wouldn't have happened had they left the room for me to take the quiz in silence. The entire in person interview experience gave off disorganized, unstructured, and unprofessional vibes. I didn't end up getting the job and I have never been so happy to get a job rejection.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, they hardly asked me anything substantial.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

They get more than 300 applications for just their internship position so they might not call every interviewer. They understand that interns don't have much experience in the field so they ask behavioral questions. Clearance preferred.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and they even gave me a list of things to look over a couple of days before the call. Just had the one phone interview and then had some back and forth with the HR department.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the IP of a Windows or Linux machine?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a sorting algorithm?   1 Answer

Junior Computer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in September 2017.

Interview

Called me 2 days after applying for the position. Seemed very eager to get the ball rolling and scheduled a technical interview for 2 days after initial phone call. Everyone who I talked to seemed nice and eager to answer whatever questions I had. After a week I get a no-reply email that the position had been canceled. This was more frustrating than a flat out rejection, as it meant I had wasted time applying for a position thats existence was uncertain at best.

Interview Questions

• I don't believe in giving away answers. Know your data structures, sorts, how they work, and time complexities.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening, followed by a telephone interview, and an in-person interview. On the whole the entire group was very pleasant and incredibly great to work with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had friction in a team you lead.   1 Answer

Structur Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Hartford, CT) in August 2017.

Interview

There was 1 phone interview, and 1 in-person interview. The tine from phone to in-person interview was less than a week. The VP that was doing the interview barley smiled which made me nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe 1 occasion when you didn't agree with your employer, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Informal interview process with 30 mins discussion over the telephone followed by an in-person interview. Very relaxed interview with none of the cliche interview questions. The focus of the interview was primarily on my experience and motivation for joining the firm. The interviewer allowed me to ask numerous questions a the end of the interview, which was very informative.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. There were 2 rounds- phone and personal interview. Phone screening was mainly resume topics discussion like experience, education etc. Personal interview was with the team

Entry Level Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by an employee on the HR team. She went over my background and explained the position in minimal detail. She then scheduled and interview with one of the engineers on the team to which I was applying. This took place roughly a week later. I was asked technical questions, but nothing overly complex. He was just trying to gauge my knowledge. I received a follow-up email 3 days later saying that they were looking for a more experienced candidate relative to the skills needed for the position. Overall, the interview process was well done and every conversation that I had was handled professionally and politely.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Parsons Corporation in June 2017.

Interview

Laughable.

It consisted of a conversation at lunch with the office manager, then a recruiter called me and got my info, then I filled out an application, then the guy who interviewed me told me he had no power to make a say in anything and said his regional manager in another state would make the decision. Then the recruiter called me and said my application was submitted with a strong recommendation for hire and asked that I would apply for a second position at Parsons in a different state. Things sound good, right? Normal, right? Yeah....

Then the office manager told me it wasn't going to work out because some unnamed person in the regional office said he knew me and said some negative things about me. Apparently Parsons doesn't know the internet exists because after I beat myself up I took 15 minutes on Linkedin to look up the personnel in that office and saw that in 15 pages of profiles there is nobody in that office who knows me. So, after being lied to and tricked into beating up on myself over said lies, I told them to withdraw my application and I wasn't interested.

Of course, the next day, instead of letting it go or talking to me about it, they put it on the recruiter to call me on the phone and tell me they weren't going to accept my application for employment.

In the end, the big excuse I got was Parsons is "risk-averse". My advice to anyone considering this company is do the same and avoid the risk of working in a place where leadership is this weak.

Interview Questions

• I don't even remember what we talked to at lunch. Just run of the mill shoot the bull about the biz type stuff. It took well over two months to get to this point as is even though the office manager said they needed people badly. Their office must be a mess.   Answer Question