Pershing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pershing Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

Vice President - Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pershing in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with HR then scheduled to meet with 3 staff / managers. Arrived early and it was a joke on me. Of the three people that I was scheduled to meet with only one is available and was over 40 minutes late. Really poor, unprepared and downright rude. The most unprofessional experienced in my 15+ year career. Look elsewhere because you deserve better!.

Interview Questions

• Sadly there was not much time for the interview because the only person I spoke with was 40 minutes late which left just 15 minutes before he ran away.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pershing (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with two hiring managers who lead complimentary teams within the same department. Interviewer asked about accomplishments at my former employer, strengths, weaknesses, what to expect in the new role, the business model. No mention of workplace culture, which would have been beneficial in setting expectations about the workplace environment.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pershing.

Interview

the interview was in person, in their headquarters in New jersey.I got interviewed by the manager and supervisor who i'll be working with. the interview took like 45 mins and it wasn't bad. Asked regular behavioral questions.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pershing (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Meet with HR contact for initial interview. Manager of potential department sits with you next and asks the basic background questions. Then other online managers within the group come in to ask you some more specific questions about prior experience and skill set. Very informal and relaxed atmosphere

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in industry, list some specific accomplishments you are proud of   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pershing (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Got the internship through my high school. Interview process was challenging as I was only 17/18 at the time. Interviewed with managers of human resources. Very nice people but also intimidating at first.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pershing (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Successive interviews with multiple managers and HR & 2nd round interview. Two were somewhat unstructured, one interviewer had list of common interview questions. Interviewers were easygoing and friendly, but still professional. The two interviewers provided a lot more background on the role, group & company as a whole. Position focused on working with the company's proprietary software and providing support to clients on the platform.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you work in a team & a situation where you had to push back on a client request.   Answer Question

P&RA Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pershing (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Introduced to firm by a friend. Met several people in recruiting, who then matched resume to several jobs. Was connected directly with hiring managers and had phone interview. Spoke to two different interviewers, one was hiring manager, one was overall head of group. Would not have required another round of interviewing.

Senior IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pershing (Florham Park, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through BNY Career website. Got an email a week later for an interview. I was informed that it will be a one hour discussion with two managers at BNY. Reached on time and expected a fairly non-technical interview. Got into the interview room with 4 people and was asked about 50 technical questions. I might've answered 40 right without having to think. There were a couple that I didn't know the answer to and a few I later realized I got it right.

I contacted the company a week later asking for an update and was informed that they will not be extending an offer. Luckily I have another offer at hand that I will now accept.

Interview Questions

• Fairly regular technical questions. There was no HR type questions during the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pershing.

Interview

Very simple phone interview. All questions were behavioral/fit. Walk me through your resume, why do you want to work at Pershing, why do you want to work in finance, etc. etc. I received an email a month and half later.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult, know how to answer behavioral questions and you're fine.   Answer Question

They responded so late. I had the interview in the first week of April and they responded in the middle of May, I had already accepted another offer.

College Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pershing (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line through BNY Mellon website. Received an e-mail about my scheduled interview. Interview asked basic questions for example, describe yourself, have you heard of Pershing company before applying, why did you choose the school you attended, etc. Overall an easy interview just be prepared. I wasn't and it cost me.