Petco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.0

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Very informal. The Interviewer did not seem to have prepared for the interview. They talked to the company down and made it sound like a not good place to work at and then asked if I was scared away yet.

Interview Questions

• They only asked personal questions. They had the interview questions on the screen in front of me and did not use them. They left it up to me to ask any questions and give any pertinent information.   Answer Question

Aquatics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Wilkes-Barre, PA).

Interview

The interview was very brief and quick, and they were very understaffed at the time so I was hired on the spot essentially. Not many questions were asked overall, mostly the details of the job were described to me.

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Peachtree City, GA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call to set up an interview about a week later. The interview was short and easy; I was offered the job right away.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you've been up to.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about where you've worked? What was your favorite job and why?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any pets? What do you feed them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Very casual interview. Talked about availability, past experience, and about my own pets. Despite waiting almost a month after applying for the position, I only had one interview with an assistant manager before I was offered a position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

I got a call after applying online about 3 days or so later asking me to go for a group interview. I went to the location they sent me to and went at the time they told me they said interviews didn't start until a certain time. That was annoying. They were holding district wide interviews. I left because the wait time was more than an hour. After that I was incredibly annoyed. I forgot about it and a couple of days later I got a call from the store I actually applied to and called me in for a one on one interview. The interview went smoothly and i'm glad I gave them another shot. There were a lot of situational questions about previous jobs and school and what not also asked about availability and willingness to work with certain animals. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you saw a co worker doing something wrong, what would you do?
      If you saw it was me?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Interview

was a long time ago, I do not remember the process but it has changed a lot since I went thru the interview process so what I went thru would no longer apply to today

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Arvada, CO).

Interview

Apply online call and go in to get a appointment. And go in and meet the boss than call and then get a appointment. And than have a it down app with the boss for a couple min and than leave and call back.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like this job.
      Retail experience?
      Do you have animals
      Did you do volunteer work with animals.   Answer Question

Groomer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I filled out the online application and about a week later was asked to come in for an interview. The store manager sounded annoyed and I should've taken that as a sign but I really wanted the job. Once I got to the interview it was terrible. It was a group interview and right from the start the store manager was awful. You could tell who she wanted before she started asking questions and when she did she just directed it to that individual and didn't give the rest of us time to answer. The salon manager on the other hand was very nice and super helpful. She told us exactly what we'd be doing, what our schedule would be, and showed us around the salon.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Fargo, ND) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days received a call to set up an interview.

The interview was incredibly short. They asked me to tell a bit about myself because my application didn't say much about me. They wanted to know what I liked to do and if I had any pets. They went over my availability with me. That was it.

I was told there would likely be a second interview with other managers and such, and that I would hear back by the end of the week. I never heard back, not by email or call. Three weeks later I receive a call (identical to the first) about setting up an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Longish questionnaire. Called me within a day or two of application submission. Dressed the part, collared shirt, jeans. Interviewer was at the front of the store, but was busy. Took him about half an hour to call me in to do the interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with animals.   1 Answer
    • Did you have previous experience training dogs?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a dog trainer?   1 Answer
    • What kind of retail experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • What kind of animals are you not willing to handle?   Answer Question
    • What does great customer service mean to you?   1 Answer