Cover image for Petco

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Petco Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 832 of over 832 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Petco

Application

I interviewed at Petco

Interview

Two phone call interviews. One with an assistant manager and the other with the acting general manager. Followed up with a face to face interview with the district manager and then an additional phone call interview with the HR Manager

Interview Questions
  • What makes you a good fit for us?
    Answer Question

Petco

Application

I interviewed at Petco

Interview

Very good interview. Shane was very kind. Made me feel very comfortable. Asked questions about my work experience and what my work ethic is like. If I was ok working overtime and going in early.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my work experience. If I was comfortable working extended hours. If I was familiar with the rf scanner that keeps track of performance

Petco

Application

I interviewed at Petco

Interview

They had a long lengthy interview process and they wont even get back to you for weeks at a time. Way too much politics where everyone is jocking for their position. They also don't get rid of the bad apples within their company.

Interview Questions
  • They'll ask random quizzes that don't even relate to the job title
1 person found this interview helpful

Petco

Application

I interviewed at Petco

Interview

Quick decision, swift run through the interviewer stack. Situation they were describing as the current state worried me against joining. Seemed like they were and had been in constant flux.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (Oakland, CA)

Interview

First I had a general phone call with a recruiter. Then I was sent a CSS computer assignment, finally I went for an in person interview where I met 4/5 employee + had a coding question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (York, PA) in Sep 2022

Interview

Short and simple. Got the job on the spot it was easy and a nice environment. I would recommend just going over basic interview questions because they asked basic questions which was nice .

Interview Questions
  • They asked a very simple question which was, Tell me about yourself

Petco

Application

I interviewed at Petco

Interview

La entrevista bastante informal, lo único que en verdad quieren evaluar es si estás dispuesto a aguantar ser explotado y qué tanta necesidad tienes del empleo. No evaluan otras características como tus habilidades o si tienes estudios.

Interview Questions
  • Literal: estás dispuesto a aguantar las friegas?

Petco

Application

I interviewed at Petco

Interview

It was an easy interview. Pretty straight forward. The interviewer was nice and very informative. Job described in a very detailed manner. Process to apply and interview was very smooth.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Petco

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco

Interview

Easy, went in, talked in the office, and was offered the job on the spot. Came in a few days later to do paperwork and had the tour and met some coworkers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Petco

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Petco in Sep 2022

Interview

Me mandaron correo para agendar entrevista. Desde el inicio supe que iria algo mal, el entrevistador me dejó esperando 20 min. Desde el inicio parecia que solo seguia un guion de preguntas, bostezó varias veces y me interrumpía en algunas respuestas que dí. Solo buscan conocer con que "grandes empresas" has trabajado con anterioridad.

Interview Questions
  • años de experiencia, con que empresas/marcas has trabajado, si estarias dispuestx a trabajar presencial, etc
Viewing 1 - 10 of 832 Interviews

Petco Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Petco as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.01 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Guest Experience Specialist and Sales Associate/Cashier rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Sales Associate and Cashier roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Petco takes an average of 15 days when considering 935 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Cashier had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Sales Associate/Cashier roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 16 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Petco according to 935 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 27.63%