Petco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Companion Animal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Just a note- you will most likely have to call them to get an interview. I was overly qualified and still had to call. Hiring manager told me they just don't check the portal very often. Very easy interview. They basically asked me about my experience with working with animals, which I have had a lot of. Then they asked about my availibility and what hours I wanted to work. Then a few days later they called me saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with animals?   2 Answers

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online & received contact from HR department, set up phone interview for following week. Approx. 30 min phone interview took place. Went in for in person interviews approx. 3 weeks later. Had multiple interviews within one day. Did not receive feedback in terms of positive or negative or when the position would be filled. Was only to reach out to HR department for follow-up. Received a request for a background check and personality test. Was to complete all items within 7 days. Received great marks on background check (must have at least 5 contacts complete the background check for you - "regarding your skills / work ethic"). Did not receive any update from Petco in regards to them receiving my survey and background check successfully. Had to follow-up with HR department numerous times to ensure all items were completed and received successfully (I was concerned about technical issues in their system). Did not receive any communications from HR in terms of updates on hiring process and if I remained a candidate. Finally received generic email stating that I "did not receive the position" but it was unclear as to why and if they had hired someone else or if position was just no longer needed. Very cold from company that requested so much of a candidate in terms of time as well as having candidate handle all follow-ups for any progress. I understand that not all applicants with interviews receive a position, but just thought a phone call or personalized email to notify me as a candidate would have been more appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Not much was asked in way of questions - pretty much just have to share your background well and what you feel is relevant to the position on your own to make a good case for yourself as a candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petco (Fontana, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

I had one interview, there was great communication a lot of questions were asked of me and I started right away. I was tested for my grooming skills.

Interview Questions

• Do I make bows, which was very difficult for me but since have skilled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If hired on how soon could you go to work?

Anonymous Employee in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petco (North Fort Myers, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Ridiculous , computers were always down took two week to get to the testing part then more waiting and sent home . SM, HAS NO CLUE wasting m time and gas going back an forth

Negotiation

None

Pet Groomer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Easy. Just Love Pets. Know that you will need to clean, talk to customers, learn about animals, build your own client list and squeeze anal glands.

Interview Questions

• Do you like working weekends, nights and holidays? What breed of dog is your least favorite. Name one thing about yourself that you need to work on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petco (DuBois, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Short, Sweet and to the point. Show that you have a passion for animals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paragould, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Paragould, AR).

Interview

I got an email that said thank you for applying but never heard anything else for them. I even called them several times and each time I got the same answer which was we are still reviewing your application we will be in touch with you and it's been 4 months n still nothing.

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco (Hanover, MA).

Interview

This part was great because the Grooming Salon Manager at the time was a decent person, a good manager, and had the best interest of the salon in mind.

Interview Questions

• I think I have more interviewing experience than the GM at this store. Very little was said.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A - $9.00 hour non-negotiable

Pet Stylist Interview

Interview

One group interview with store managers, grooming manager and coworker, and a store manager from another location. Typical questions on knowledge of animal care and customer service. They require that you groom a dog in the interview process. I also met with the manager previous to the interview and dropped off my resume in person. Be sure to bring a portfolio of your previous grooms. It helps for them to have a reference of your ability.

Interview Questions

• What dog breed are you most uncomfortable working with and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much. My advice would be to negotiate for a higher hourly in case business is slow.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Petco (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was really easy, they ask questions about employment, experience. Customers, pets etc; just be honest when applying and everything will go great, honesty is the best policy. Always smile and be yourself. I'm trying to find things to say cause glass door is requiring 50 words. And this isn't very easy to do. While employed please be kind to all animals and show compassion don't yell at them or be nasty we don't like that.

Interview Questions

• Are you scared of any breeds?   1 Answer