Petco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Longish questionnaire. Called me within a day or two of application submission. Dressed the part, collared shirt, jeans. Interviewer was at the front of the store, but was busy. Took him about half an hour to call me in to do the interview in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with animals.   Answer Question
    • Did you have previous experience training dogs?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a dog trainer?   1 Answer
    • What kind of retail experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • What kind of animals are you not willing to handle?   Answer Question
    • What does great customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

I applied online, and they called me the next day. He was kind of rude, but it's an expected thing in this town. I decided it wasn't a good fit for me.

Guest Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

very awesome, told me exactly what id be doing, very nice, got to meet assistant manager and general manager. very quick interview, got a call later that day and offered a position

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Interviewer had a good attitude, but sometimes felt like I was being belittled. I was super confident that I got the job,but I didn't. Maybe I focused too much on my love of animals and adopting

Intern Interview

Interview

- One phone interview and one in-person interview led to an offer within 3 days
    - The entire process took one week
    - It took about one additional week to hear back after submitting the application

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Applied online, and was called approximately a week later for an in-store interview. Interview consisted of standard questions, that required answers from past experiences (work situations, school situations, etc.). Overall quick and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most questions began with "Tell me about a time where you....", or situational questions.   Answer Question

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belchertown, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Petco (Belchertown, MA).

Interview

Filled out the application online and attached my resume, passed the screening questions and everything and almost immediately got a rejection email for a position I knew I was over qualified for.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first step in the process was a 10 minute interview with a recruiter. About one week and a half later, I was contacted to schedule a second interview at the corporate office. The second interview took place quickly thereafter and was with two of the manager-level employees. That interview was also relatively quick, lasting about a half hour with your basic, expected questions.

I thanked both parties I interviewed with afterwards. I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter about a week and a half later, as I was told the turnaround for hiring would be fast. To date (three weeks after I reached out to the recruiter to check on status), I have not heard anything back. I had heard rumblings that the Petco recruiters were not good at their jobs, and now I guess I have confirmation. While I agree that I may not have been the best fit for the position I interviewed with, I think recruiter communication is key to a company appearing professional and attracting top talent. The recruiters at Petco leave a lot to be desired.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with retail copywriting?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied a few weeks ago for a sales position in San Diego and I did not get a confirmation email. I would've like to have received a denial email at least.

Meeting & Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with a LinkedIn message to one of the HR managers. I don't typically wouldn't directly message after applying online, knowing how many applicants HR employees are receiving a day. However, I was actually visiting San Diego specifically to interview for jobs as I was planning a relocation from the East Coast. Brooke ended up reaching out to me in regards to a phone interview. I was able to have the phone interview with Brooke prior to my trip - the interview with her was very relaxed. She was enthusiastic about Petco, very informative and most importantly, friendly. After the interview, I hounded her a little bit, reminding her of the dates I was available to meet with her team in person. I'm not entirely sure, but I think they sped up the process of getting me in for an in-person interview due to my circumstances. I was very appreciative of Brooke and her team being so accommodating. After the in-person interview, I was told the next step would be to meet with the director, so I hounded Brooke a little bit more letting her know that I had one more day in town to meet with the director if interested. She quickly responded letting me know I did not make it to the 3rd round of interviews (unfortunately). Although I did not get the position, I found my interactions with Brooke to be very helpful, accommodating, and I truly felt as though she respected my time in SD.