Petco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Petco Interview Questions

Interviews at Petco

2.0

Dog Groomer Interview

Interview

I had to groom a dog and that was it. I really only need to do this to access other content. It’s petco. Take your dog somewhere else to be groomed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me where I was trained, and breed specific questions.   Answer Question

Dog Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kailua Kona, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Kailua Kona, HI) in July 2020.

Interview

Very quick and pleasant, the interviewer was very friendly and encouraging. I felt very comfortable as an interviewee. She gave me a tour around the grooming department and introduced me to the staff that worked there, she answered all of my questions completely.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petco (Portland, OR) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview was about 15 minutes and she just asked some questions and told me she'd let me know in 3 days ended up calling me the same day and offering me the job!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

I was brought in for a group interview, and was interviewed with other 2 people at the same time. We were all asked the same questions and took turns answering them.

Interview Questions

• Go find a product in the store and tell us why you love it.   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

Three phone interviews then I was flown in for face to face interviews with two people, my soon to be immediate manager and the department VP. The process took longer due to a hiring freeze at the time.

Pet Stylist Interview

Interview

It was easy and informal. There were certain words they used that I didn't know then, but that I do know now. We also chatted about the area and the town.

Guest Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petco (Meridian, MS).

Interview

I just came in for the interview. I was asked a few questions, I answered, and left. It was about 5 questions. It was fast and short to the point.

In Store Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Petco (New York, NY).

Interview

I called after applying and was given an interview soom after. The interview was in a small office that was cluttered. The man giving the interview was reading them from a paper that I believe was printed from the "test" in the online application. The interview seem to go well I was told I would be contacted soon either way with news. After over a week I call them and the hiring manager had "just stepped out" and would call back in a few hours that never happened. I called a few days after again and she had again stepped out and would call back again never happened.

Interview Questions

• when in this situation what did you do? all questions were along these lines.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Petco.

Interview

One interview, was offered the job on the spot. They were very eager to hire. They offered a competitive hourly rate for an associate during that time. The interview was casual and I spoke to the GM. I only had one interview before being hired.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

First, I was in a group panel with the manager of the store. The group was supposed to be four people but only one other person showed up. We took turns answering standard interview questions and then were asked to role play describing products to customers.
    The second and last interview was having a conversation with the area manager. It was quite casual.