Physio-Control Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Physio-Control Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

3.1

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

- Resume Evaluation/Introduction Interview on campus: discuss qualifications, experience, expectations
    - Series of behavioral Interviews with a manager and associate at the job site: STAR Questions
    - Finish with a factory tour
    Easy questions and friendly people!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Very fair and efficient. The process happened extremely quickly - several interviews over the span of less than three weeks - but I still felt like I received a comprehensive overview of the job and the team. HR partner was very friendly and kept me closely in the loop on next steps.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. This a contract-to-hire position.

Applied through Ajilon, received a call and email a week later. Went to Ajilons' hub in Seattle for an informational meeting and interview regarding multiple applications.
    Really sold myself to the two Agents (Kirby and Jennifer).

A few days later, I had a phone interview with Kathi and was invited to an in-person meeting. Kathi was sick, so her Supervisor met with me. Very straight forward in her questions. A little intimidating. Next I met with Anastasia, my to-be trainer. Very casual, wanted to know details and what I was looking for. Why I would fit and how I would work best for the company. After the interview, I was told they'd contact me by the end of the week. Was offered to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with order processing and probing for information?   Answer Question
    • What are you hoping to achieve from this position?   Answer Question
    • We need you to be able to multi-task. There is little to no down-time and some calls are during an emergency, you need to be able to know what accessory they need to their Pak. Can you handle this?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was brought in through hiring agency Ajillon.
    Ajillon let me know when Physio was interested; performed an over-the-phone interview about skills and previous Order Entry jobs (this is primarily what they're looking for as well as great personal skills)
    Brought in a few days later for in-person interview. Met Supervisor and Trainer, Anastasia. Was offered the job a day later via Ajillon.

Interview Questions

• What is your history with order entry?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever utilized Dual-monitors?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to utilize multiple screens while assisting a customer and documenting the interaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to say to the Ajillon Staffing rep my salary information. I aksed between $13 and $14, however they stated starting salary was $16/hr.

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with hiring manager, onsite for half a day with 6 people. Everyone I met was tremendously nice. You will be interviewing with your future peers, the manager, senior managers, director, and VP. The interview process was very organized and starts with a tour of the facility followed by multiple 1:1 and 2 person interview panels.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview with various people from same team plus HR. The intention was to find out where I stand on the skills level both technical and organisational. Final interview was panel with variety of people in the room, once again to assess my long term suitability.

Senior Project Engineer, Sustaining Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line on company website. 2 weeks later the HR person contacted me to set up a phone interview. She called and asked general questions of me and my background. She spent most of the time yammering about how great Physio-Control is. Finally after an hour she set up a meeting on-site with the hiring manager for the next morning.

The next morning I travelled to HQ in Redmond to have a "meet and greet" ( HR's words not mine) with the hiring manager. I thought I was transformed back to Kindergarten, to meet my new teacher! A very casual meeting with the manager asking easy questions about my background. He was kind enough to give me a quick tour of the facility. The entire process lasted about an hour.

I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks. I finally e-mailed the original HR person and she said position closed the week before and she "forgot" to let me know. Sure she did.

My overall impressions of this company is it is slow and full of uninspired employees. As I walked around the facility I saw a lot of gray hair. I am sure they will soon be using the AEDs and defibrillators that Physio manufactures. Everyone seemed to be laughing and talking. I am not sure how much work was getting done.

Not a good place for those of us who like to work hard. But a great place for those on countdown to retirement.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

On campus interview at my college followed by a 3 hour interview at Physio-Control. I was placed in a room and was interviewed by employees there followed by the hiring manager. They are mainly looking to see if you're a good personality fit for them.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral and background interview questions. Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to a PR position. I had an initial phone screen followed by a phone interview. After the second call, I was assured I made it to the next round in the hiring process. I never heard another word despite following up with Julia Tsai one of the head recruiters. I don’t care if a company's needs or situation changes or if it finds a candidate that they prefer over me. But don’t tell me I am coming into the next round and then go dark permanently.

Fool me once…. I moved on, but a year in a half later I found myself in the market for a part-time PR position, and Physio-Control had an opening. I again had a phone interview. I spoke to the other head recruiter Larry St Pierre. He let me know I was one of just three candidates and that he would run our discussion by the hiring manager and be sure to be in touch about next steps. He also gave me permission to hound him if I did not hear back within a few weeks because it might be a slow process. I hounded Larry for an updated but never heard another word. In the process, I got a hold of Julia, who also promised that I would receive a call back as the position was still open and I was still a candidate. That was six months ago. So shame on me for not getting the hint but common! The recruiting department reflects extremely poorly upon the company. Now it will be time to get some interns and others to bury my post.

Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process seemed to be industry standard. There was phone interview first, and then the in-person interview/s. Questions were specific to the position and Interviewers were pleasant. The work environment seemed to be very pleasant. Following up with the interview was very responsive with responses within one day. Communication with recruiting employee was pleasant as well.