Planned Parenthood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Planned Parenthood Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

About a week after applying I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. When he called at the scheduled time, he mentioned that he had forgotten whether it was scheduled for that day or the next. The interview was pleasant, and I was asked to move to step 2/5 of the hiring process, which was a written skills assessment. During the phone interview, the HR rep said that he would e-mail me the assessment by COB that day, but didn't. I e-mailed around 5:00 p.m., and the next late afternoon I heard back from him saying that he'd send the assessment by COB THAT day, but didn't send it until 11 p.m. It was required that the assessment be completed by 8 a.m. the morning after the assessment was delivered, and the HR rep mentioned it would take about 2 hours to complete, which it did—that short time slot to complete the assessment paired with the time commitment was a little aggravating.

After submitting the assessment, I followed up after not hearing back, and didn't hear back then either. I followed up once more, and even though the HR rep told me they were looking to hire someone by 1/5 (about two weeks following the phone interview), on 1/2 he told me that the hiring manager was out of town and he'd be in touch soon, but he never contacted me again.

1-2 weeks later I saw the same job re-posted on LinkedIn & Google Jobs.

Interview Questions

• Mainly I was asked about general experience as a manager and working with a team, general interpersonal things, and reflective questions like things I'd improve on or would have done different in given situations.   Answer Question

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Applied online then received an email (as my phone number was not working for them) asking for a time that would be best to come in for an interview. There was a follow up second interview where a small presentation was required but unfortunately I could not make the job change. I will be looking forward to applying again in the future.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation with a lot of questions regarding beliefs on the services planned parenthood offers. They wanted to get a feel for how comfortable I would be in delivering messages about the services they offer.   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position in the national office in D.C. and heard back about a month later. I completed a 30-minute phone screen with someone from their H.R. department, after which I was selected to complete a skills assessment over the weekend which took a few hours and was fairly in-depth (a written assessment where I had to respond to various scenarios with strategies, ideas etc.) After that, I was contacted to schedule a group Skype-style interview with the department. The interview took about an hour and was enjoyable. That interview was over a month ago, and I have not heard anything since, despite following up. The overall process was pleasant enough, but I would have appreciated a courtesy e-mail notifying me that they filled the position vs. ghosting me out of respect.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Went through 5 interviews. I am not sure what went wrong because I was sure they liked me and I felt very confident. Who wouldn't after interviewing 5 times? I didn't hear anything for a few weeks so I reached out to them to see what the status was. They got back to me a few days later saying they went with someone else but want me to apply to something else because it was such a tough decision. The atmosphere there seemed very laid back and family oriented.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Orange, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied via Linkedin, got call from a recruiter same day. Phone interview with recruiter conducted same day. Was called to schedule in person interview with hiring manager within 3 days of phone interview. Interviewed with hiring manager, was very pleasant and professional. Received an email link for checking references. Received an offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Planned Parenthood?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in November 2017.

Interview

The process is fairly quick. I had one video call interview which lasted about 30-40minutes. They will ask about your background, why you want to work there, and basic interview question.

Political Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Unprofessional HR. 20 mins late for a 30 min call. Interrupted me and constantly rushed me because he was late for next call. Had not read my resume/cover letter beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What makes you uniquely qualified for this job.   1 Answer

Medical Billing Specialist- Seattle, WA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The whole process took about three weeks. I initially talked with HR, then interviewed at the Bellevue Clinic and then the Seattle Clinic. After the phone screen, I met with both managers for in person interviews over a span of about three weeks. I was offered the position two days after interviewing with the Seattle Billing Manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay working in an establishment that provides abortion services and LGBTQ reproductive healthcare?   1 Answer
    • What Interested you in this position and more specifically Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with conflict with a co-worker. How did you handle it and what was the solution?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about the concept of "change" in an environment and how well do you work with change?   1 Answer

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (San Diego, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR 20 min, 1st face to face interview with VP of Center Operations 45 minutes, next step is interview with lead clinician at the clinic itself. Common question during each step of the interview is your thoughts on abortion.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

They were very patient when my foster kittens started pouncing on me during my phone interview. I thought they were just calling to ask some basic questions and was a bit surprised when it was a full blown screening interview. So be prepared and make sure you have 30 minutes or so to get through all the questions.