Planned Parenthood Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Reproductive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Waukesha, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

The in person interview was scenario type interview questions, like- "if this situation were to happen give me a real life example from your own experience at a job and give me the solution". There were 6 questions. It took the manager two weeks to get back to me offering me the position. She interviewed 4 girls and she said the background checks take a while to process. I had 48 hours to take my pre employment screening which consisted of a TB test and a urinalysis drug screen. The drug screen is not instant they send it to a lab. That took an additional 4 days to get back to me. I dont start training for another month which is fine in my situation. The only complaint is how long it has taken its just given me some anxiety but everything went smoothly and im looking forward to start

Interview Questions

• name a time you encountered a difficult customer and how you went about dealing with them?   Answer Question

Health Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard back via email within a week or two. I set up a phone call with one of the "talent acquisition specialists" over email. Four days later, she called for the phone interview which was more of a conversation about my experiences. I had a hard time gauging how the interview went because I was very nervous. They did not contact me after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any customer service experience? How would you deal with a customer who was upset?   1 Answer
    • Healthcare is constantly changing. When was a time you have adapted to change in a workplace that is similar to this?   Answer Question
    • What was the most diverse customer base that you have worked with?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

Very laid back process. I met with the team first and they went over their roles and what the organization means to them. They simply asked me about my personality and what do I think about PPFA. I met with HR afterwards and she asked more questions regarding my experience and why do I want to work here.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later for a phone interview. An hour later I received another call for a quick phone interview and to schedule an in person interview. After that interview I was offered the job.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I first received a phone interview a few weeks after I had applied through the job posting on Indeed, The phone interviewer was very nice, and had quite a number of questions for me to answer.
    I was called for an in-person interview a few days after.

Interview Questions

• 1. Have you had any experience with working with reproductive choices?
      2. For you personally does assistanting with reproductive rights bother you?
      3. What previous experiences in the past will help you with this job?
      4. What areas of the medical field have you worked?
      Answer Question

Health Care Assistant Interview

Interview

After I applied online through the Planned Parenthood recruiting center, I received a phone interview. I was told that I would hear back within several days, but I was never contacted again. The recruiter never responded to my request for an update.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you have adapted to a change in the workplace?   Answer Question

Community Health Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood in September 2016.

Interview

After applying online, about two weeks later I was scheduled for my initial interview. The initial interview consisted of a panel of three health educators, who asked about about my background in the field and situation based questions ( approximately a 30 minute interview).

A week later, I was called back for a second interview, which consisted of me presenting a health topic (any) and showing my presenting skills to the health educators. (approximately 20min presentation and 10 minutes for questions).

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If a student asked you a personal question during your presentation, how would you respond?   Answer Question
    • If a teacher asked you to remove or limit a certain subject from your presentation, what you you do and say to the teacher?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 6 years?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been on a team where someone was not doing their job? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

So there is two parts of this interview one of them the recruiter will give you a call. as soon as you pass the phone call interview you'll Set up a different appointment for a group interview so you will be competing with other medical assistants

Interview Questions

• How many abortions can a women have?
       What would you do if you have an upset patient?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They really don't like to think all shady negotiate gross pay

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

Started normal with HR call but the woman that did the prescreen had no clue what she was talking about. Asking me medical questions/clinic related for an office/development role. I asked her if this job requires time working in the clinic and if so, I would pass now. Finally, two weeks later I got with the head of development. Another odd, almost fake interview. Was told this job can't seem to keep anyone but they'd love to hire me. Bizarre. I passed and later learned the person who took the role left 6 months later.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with rogue employees?   1 Answer

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview and scheduled via email. The interview was with 3 people, managers and assistant managers, and was from a standardized interview form. The questions were standard, about addressing unhappy clients, conflict with coworkers, when you had made a mistake, your last successes at work, strengths and weaknesses, etc.