Premera Blue Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

First a technical phone interview followed by in-person interactive technical interview by two or more "peers" followed by in-person interview with two potential managers. Peers asked relevant questions to evaluate my background and current abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any ambitions to moving to management at some point.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview

The interview process went for over 3 weeks.

1. Recruiter call (Salary details, relocation etc)
    2. Team interview (Telephonic- for 1 hour)
    3. On-site interview (Team interview + Manager interview)

I was given the offer in 2 days after the interview process is done. Overall, I would say it is a good experience

Software Test Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

1, tech interview, two interviewers from the team applied. 1 hour
    2. tech interview, two interviewers from other team. 1 hour
    3. one interviewer, usually the manager from the team applied. 1 hour

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross in September 2012.

Interview

I got the call from the recruiter that position available in Premera Blue Cross and I applied that position and recruiter scheduled with Client. I succeeded in the phone interview.

Analyst II Interview

Interview

I interviewed in the Healthcare Economics division and I wasn't particularly impressed.

First contact was with a recruiter who asked very general questions for 20-30 minutes. Two weeks later I talked to the hiring manager for 30 minutes. This was mostly going over my resume and my experience within the healthcare industry. Then a month later I get invited to participate in 5 30-minute phone interviews, ranging from entry level analysts to the director. Some interviewers were very nice and others were very rude. After these interviews I heard nothing for over a month. I finally received contact from the hiring manager asking me to participate in another round of 4-5 interviews with some more members of the department. At that point I finally said no-- you'd think I was interviewing to be CEO.

Also, the Healthcare Economics department is largely women. I got the impression that if you have male parts you probably shouldn't bother applying.

Assistant Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a 2.5 Hour interview session a few weeks into the application process. Went to Mountlake Terrace campus and interviewed in two sessions. Half an hour interview sessions with Actuarial analysts and managers. Mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you had a magical box that could produce any information, what would you want to price a premium for a policy?   Answer Question

Assistant Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

The hiring process was one to remember, for good and bad reasons. The process took longer than I'd care to remember. From start to finish, it was about a three month wait: however, there were certain circumstances that made it longer than it should have been. I applied online after receiving an email about a posting online. I filled it out, and it was about a month until I received an email saying that the company wanted to set up a phone interview.
         The phone interview was about a half hour with an HR representative, and I was asked questions that would be expected in an interview. Essentially, give an impression of myself and abilities. None of the questions were too easy, or too hard. This went well enough that I was told that I would be contacted to have an in person interview set up.
         I waited about a week before being contacted, then had the interview set up in another week after that. The interview was two and half hours, in 5 half hour sessions, with one or two people at a time. I met with several managers and senior analysts from the department that I would be working in. They all had questions tailored to different areas, and it was fairly simple and was not too challenging. Given I prepared a lot for anything and everything.
      Then the waiting came. I was one of the first to interview, so I knew it would be a little while, but this was also around the holidays, so I ended up waiting a month and a half for a phone call saying that I had gotten the job.
       The actual interview process was very easy and everyone I talked to was very upbeat and easy to talk to. The only bad thing I can say was that it took way too long. I love my job now and the community is very welcoming and easy to work around.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with adversity, and you knew you were going to fail, and how did you manage it?   1 Answer

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by one of their recruiters and decided to apply for an open position. After that I did hear back from them for over 2 weeks. Eventually an interview was setup and I've met with the manager and then 2 members of the team. The manager was a rather nice and easy going man and the interview went well. The portion with the team members was not as goodnof an experience. They appeared to be very stressed and not really wanting to be there with a hint of hostility(especially one of them). As the interview went on I had the feeling that I won that person over, but not the other. I've noticed that they also did not seem to like each other, so as one started to warm up to me, the other was having an opposite reaction. It was especially visible on couple of the technical answers, where it seemed like I was validating one person view, which was in conflict witn the other. In the end I did not get an offer, and even if I did I am not sure that I would have accepted it. The manager seemed like someone good to work for, but I suspect that the team might have some issues.

Interview Questions

• Some general SQL and .Net question. Nothing that really stands out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Originally applied for one position but was ultimately offered another. Had some reservations due to the "feeling" I was getting from the various interviewers I met with. Like they weren't being entirely open and honest about the work environment I would face there. The old saying "Misery loves company" was in the back of my mind the whole time through the lengthy two-month process but I stuck it out anyway. The IT organization seemed a little in disarray as they were looking to fill numerous positions after a recent general house clearing of their middle management and senior tech positions. After joining they literally threw a dysfunctional department into my lap and said fix it. Note to Self: Ask more probing questions about the organization and about the condition of their IT systems next time!

Interview Questions

• How have you delt in the past with conflict within a team that can't be resolved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward for the most part. They seem to really need talent and are willing to pay for it to lure people away from the mainstream in Bellevue, Seattle & Redmond.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Overall the interview process was great. Except it became apparent that one of the the interviewers fed me bad information. I already knew about their environment yet this manager provided incorrect information. The same manager also trashed other teams during the interview.

I am ok with not getting the job. Who wants to work with someone who is trashing team members during an interview. Going in a person needs to trust what their boss tells them first.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 90 days   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Done the lazy way. Sometimes they tell you did not get other times they let you do the job then after all the work is done tell you by the way you were not selected.