Premera Blue Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

First a technical phone interview followed by in-person interactive technical interview by two or more "peers" followed by in-person interview with two potential managers. Peers asked relevant questions to evaluate my background and current abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any ambitions to moving to management at some point.   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview

Worst interview experience ever. The team came in and instantly started telling inside jokes, and seemed more interested in talking to each other than interviewing me. Two of the individuals were on their phones for a majority of the time, and one even decided to have a side conversation while I was talking. Additionally, the VP said the team described me to him as meek and soft spoken. Who says that in an interview? I tried to talk, but it makes it challenging when you’re being ignored or interrupted! They say the interview is when everyone is on their best behavior. If this is their “best behavior”, I’d hate to work with this team. Apparently, this was a new team as most of the previous team left since they “didn’t agree with the new VP”. From the top down, this place needs to learn some professionalism.

At the end, my recruiter said she would follow up the next day and that didn’t happen. I followed up, but only got a response several days later.

Seems to be good pay, good benefits, just didn’t seem like a good place to work for anyone with an ounce of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• The team described you as meek, are you ok with meeting new people?   Answer Question

PROVIDER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Interview

My interview was about an hour long. They asked me why I liked Premera, what I thought I could bring to the roll, and what I enjoyed about my last position. They had me create a mock email quoting someone for benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I showed up early to my interview. The interviewer was 10 minutes late. As I was waiting, people kept coming in and out. It was like a revolving door. The lady I talked to basically filled out an application for me and did not even write down answers to questions she was asking me. She didn't even have my resume in front of her. Another person was interviewing someone else at another table. In my confirmation email, I was told to be prepared to spend 30-60 mins on campus. My interview was 10 minutes! I saw people going into the conference room to talk to another group after they spoke with the initial person. I knew something was wrong because I didn't. I asked the lady about that and she said she had to talk to the team and she didn't have time and they would get back to me. I was completely cut short. I had positive answers to every question and actually am more than qualified for the job. I know they were hiring several people and I am clueless as to why I was not allowed to complete the interview process. I was cut short and the lady was rude. This wasn't right. I have to say that I will never apply for another job at Premera. They are unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was ok working with two computer screens and a headset. I was asked how I went above and beyond what was asked of me in a specific job situation. I was asked about constructive feedback in a situation.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online, got an email telling me they wanted me to choose from two days out of the week to interview. I replied with the day that worked for me, but did not hear back for a week. I had to email a representative to try and get some clarification. I finally got an email and a phone call the same day to set up an interview a week later. I arrived 10 mintues early, checked in with the front desk, gave them my info so my car wouldn't get towed and got my badge. I waited for my recruiter I guess to come take me to a busy lunch room where he asked me non sense questions about my old job, which had nothing to do with the job I was interviewing for. I tried my best to understand him, he had a very thick accent which was distracting and I made the best of what I was given. He then told me I would be interviewing with "team leads" and to give very specific answers. The interviews were literally robots with No customer service skills as far as I could tell reading from a script and judging your responses a 100 miles a minute while staring at you but typing the entire time while making eye contact. It was the most impersonable and awkward experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• They asked to talk about a time when something happend at work that maybe wasn't me fault but was put on my shoulders, how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I am very surprised at how unprofessional this company is when updating applicants on the outcome of their interview. I was told I would hear back by a certain date and didn't. I sent an email and got no response. I honestly thought the interview went well but if I didn't meet their requirements, they should at least have the courtesy to send an email. I mean, let's get real, it could be a simple copy & paste format. The reason this is important for this particular position is because the start date was three weeks away and one should know whether to move on or not. So I am basically glad I didn't get the job b/c this is exactly the type of unprofessionalism that I was trying to avoid.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake you have made as an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone screen with the recruiter. These were basic questions about my experience, salary expectations, and reasons for applying to Premera. This was followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager who dove into my experience more, specifically in HR consulting. I then came onsite for an interview loop 6 interviewers (panels of two) and two end of day conversations with the head of recruiting and SVP of HR.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to consult the business when you disagreed with the course of action they wanted to take?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a significant project and walk me through the key stages and partners.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

2-3 part interview beginning with an HR rep who was incredibly kind and went over understanding the company to determine if interviewee aligns with company values. Then moving on to meet with a team lead and one there interviewer to be asked about specific situations, then moving on technical competencies to perform job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been put on a project where it wasn’t clear what needed to be done? If so, what did you do and how did you proceed?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross in June 2017.

Interview

Interview questions are basic read off a sheet of paper. I think there was 10 scenario questions. Interviewers were not personable. Didn't really ask about my qualifications just read off their sheet of paper.

Really disappointed that they don't even follow up with you after the interview. Not very professional.

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two phone interviews (one with recruiter and one with admin) followed by two in-person interviews (one with two team members and one with a director). The questions were behavioral based and were about trying to see if I fit Premera culture for the most part, I believe.

Corporate Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter the day after I applied to schedule a quick phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview was about half an hour and included basic questions about my experience and an explanation of the role and benefits offered. This was followed up by a quick phone interview the following week with the hiring manager and then an in-person interview with six people.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult. There were a couple behavioral questions asking for specific scenarios and how I handled them.   Answer Question