Premera Blue Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

First a technical phone interview followed by in-person interactive technical interview by two or more "peers" followed by in-person interview with two potential managers. Peers asked relevant questions to evaluate my background and current abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any ambitions to moving to management at some point.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest Park, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Lake Forest Park, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

They didn't really seem to have a process other than you show up and sit in a room full of confused managers that ask the top 10 generic interview questions. Expect situational questions.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

Great experience and great process! The recruiter was very good in following up and setting up for the next step. After that, I had the opportunity to interview with the hiring manager and then the team via phone.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross in January 2018.

Interview

Totally bland. Judging by preliminary conversations, I was expecting to talk strategy and market trends. Instead I was asked a series of generic "tell me about a time when" questions.

Although I was promised a quick response, I got ghosted by HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when [fill in the blank with a standard situational question - encountered resistence, worked well within a team, needed to change course]. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Fast and extremely disorganized. I had no communication or idea who I would be interviewing with or what they wanted to be presented till the night before the 6 hr interview.

Interview Questions

• Who would you side with if me and another person didn’t see eye to eye. Seems very inappropriate to me to ask a question like that in an interview.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard to begin with - they were looking for a platform developer and I was emailed by a recruiter based on my experience.

The standard phone screens occurred and I met with the group for 3 hour, 3 session interview (hour a piece).

Ultimately, the feedback was that they didn’t think the platform developer was a good fit - which was a little surprising giving they asked zero questions regarding actual development (no whiteboarding, no coding questions whatsoever). Everything was configuration and deployment based - which is where they said they’d like to continue with me, and I declined.

With that said, if you are applying for a development role here, or have an interview, I’d highly suggest you push them to get into a deep level technical discussion in some fashion, as in my experience they made no effort to do so.

Interview Questions

• Given that they we’re looking to use a platform, most related platform configuration .   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview

Worst interview experience ever. The team came in and instantly started telling inside jokes, and seemed more interested in talking to each other than interviewing me. Two of the individuals were on their phones for a majority of the time, and one even decided to have a side conversation while I was talking. Additionally, the VP said the team described me to him as meek and soft spoken. Who says that in an interview? I tried to talk, but it makes it challenging when you’re being ignored or interrupted! They say the interview is when everyone is on their best behavior. If this is their “best behavior”, I’d hate to work with this team. Apparently, this was a new team as most of the previous team left since they “didn’t agree with the new VP”. From the top down, this place needs to learn some professionalism.

At the end, my recruiter said she would follow up the next day and that didn’t happen. I followed up, but only got a response several days later.

Seems to be good pay, good benefits, just didn’t seem like a good place to work for anyone with an ounce of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• The team described you as meek, are you ok with meeting new people?   Answer Question

PROVIDER CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Interview

My interview was about an hour long. They asked me why I liked Premera, what I thought I could bring to the roll, and what I enjoyed about my last position. They had me create a mock email quoting someone for benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

I showed up early to my interview. The interviewer was 10 minutes late. As I was waiting, people kept coming in and out. It was like a revolving door. The lady I talked to basically filled out an application for me and did not even write down answers to questions she was asking me. She didn't even have my resume in front of her. Another person was interviewing someone else at another table. In my confirmation email, I was told to be prepared to spend 30-60 mins on campus. My interview was 10 minutes! I saw people going into the conference room to talk to another group after they spoke with the initial person. I knew something was wrong because I didn't. I asked the lady about that and she said she had to talk to the team and she didn't have time and they would get back to me. I was completely cut short. I had positive answers to every question and actually am more than qualified for the job. I know they were hiring several people and I am clueless as to why I was not allowed to complete the interview process. I was cut short and the lady was rude. This wasn't right. I have to say that I will never apply for another job at Premera. They are unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was ok working with two computer screens and a headset. I was asked how I went above and beyond what was asked of me in a specific job situation. I was asked about constructive feedback in a situation.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied online, got an email telling me they wanted me to choose from two days out of the week to interview. I replied with the day that worked for me, but did not hear back for a week. I had to email a representative to try and get some clarification. I finally got an email and a phone call the same day to set up an interview a week later. I arrived 10 mintues early, checked in with the front desk, gave them my info so my car wouldn't get towed and got my badge. I waited for my recruiter I guess to come take me to a busy lunch room where he asked me non sense questions about my old job, which had nothing to do with the job I was interviewing for. I tried my best to understand him, he had a very thick accent which was distracting and I made the best of what I was given. He then told me I would be interviewing with "team leads" and to give very specific answers. The interviews were literally robots with No customer service skills as far as I could tell reading from a script and judging your responses a 100 miles a minute while staring at you but typing the entire time while making eye contact. It was the most impersonable and awkward experience of my life.

Interview Questions

• They asked to talk about a time when something happend at work that maybe wasn't me fault but was put on my shoulders, how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I am very surprised at how unprofessional this company is when updating applicants on the outcome of their interview. I was told I would hear back by a certain date and didn't. I sent an email and got no response. I honestly thought the interview went well but if I didn't meet their requirements, they should at least have the courtesy to send an email. I mean, let's get real, it could be a simple copy & paste format. The reason this is important for this particular position is because the start date was three weeks away and one should know whether to move on or not. So I am basically glad I didn't get the job b/c this is exactly the type of unprofessionalism that I was trying to avoid.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake you have made as an employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question