Premera Blue Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA).

Interview

First a technical phone interview followed by in-person interactive technical interview by two or more "peers" followed by in-person interview with two potential managers. Peers asked relevant questions to evaluate my background and current abilities.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had any ambitions to moving to management at some point.   Answer Question

Quality Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position online. I was contacted by a recruiter about two weeks later. We e-mailed back and forth. Eventually, she found a time we could meet. She said I qualified for the position and wanted me to speak further to the hiring manager. It was actually setting me up to fail, which is what made this a negative experience. Once speaking to the hiring manager, I realized that I definitely did not qualify for this position and I essentially was being set up for rejection. It would help if recruiters would scan resumes better to meet job qualifications.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone interview (the first step in a process that is still going on) with a HR representative who was very friendly and approachable. It was a very pleasant conversation, though it was mostly a scratch on the surface of my skills and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how my previous experience relates to this roll.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview w/ recruiter (easy)
    Phone interview w/ current employee in the role (easy and very informative)
    In person interview w/ three other PM's on the team (asked really archaic style interview questions)

They did a terrible job at 'selling' this role and describing the actual duties of the position. It was more of a 'Let's try stump the applicant' type of interview

Interview Questions

• Best Strengths?
      Weaknesses?
      Communication style?
      Very specific 'what-if' scenarios?
      (ex. If you're working with an engineer who is stuck in their ways and have been the last 15 years-how would you go about trying to get the engineer to perform 'outside the box' task who is clearly reluctant?)

Other very specific questions for the role that an applicant would have no way of accurately answering
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. took them about a month to get the initial email from the recruiter.
    1) phone screen with the recruiter (basic recruiting question are you 18+, do you need sponsorship
    2)talked to two managers over the phone (why Premera ? why this position? what are your career goals? what do you want to leave your current employer? what do you like the least? most about your current job?)
    3) on-site interview with 4 groups consisting of 2 people in each group total of 8 people over 2 hours 15 min. I felt roasted afterward.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you do under pressure?
      tell me how ou manage multiple tasks?
      tell me about the time you did not agree with the majority?
      tell me about your most exciting project?
      what is the format of a simple query
      How do you join two tables?
      estimate number of Starbucks shops in WA?
      and lots of detailed questions about your resume...what did you mean by XYZ in your resume?
      how you did ABC projects, give me a detail description of the project, methods and outcomes.
      what is one thing that you could have done better in XYZ project?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

However, my recruiter was open to the idea of negotiating over the phone, I chose not to negotiate since I did not want to prolong the process.

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Mountlake Terrace, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first with a company recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 BAS and the manager. Then a half hour meeting with the senior manager. I guessed I was getting an offer after meeting the sr. manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about my experience - roles and responsibilities, how I approached my work, how I approached ambiguity, roadblocks, etc.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in-person interview with several managers, one peer. A developer assessed technical skills with a white board coding session.

After the interview I received absolutely no contact from anyone at the company, even though I sent a Thank You note and inquired about how the decision was going about a week after.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions - we discussed my background, why I was leaving my current position and why I wanted to work at Premera.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross (Bothell, WA).

Interview

I applied, received an email 2 days later to set up an in-person interview in Bothell.
    Once I arrived, I waited in the HR waiting room until it was my turn. I wore a blazer, blouse and black slacks and I was extremely over dressed compared to the other ladies interviewing. My friend was wearing a summer shirt and leggings and was 45 minutes late. How she got hired and I didn't, I'll never know.

The interview was 15 minutes late (thanks friend!). I talked to an HR rep for about 20 min. She seemed. Pleased that I had worked in health insurance company call centers before, and was also familiar with their operating system.
    Then they brought me to another building to have another one on one interview with one of the leads. Let me tell you, she seemed to immediately not like me. Not sure if my hand shake was too strong or what. With her rolling her eyes at almost all of my responses...I knew it wasn't good. But I was courteous and gave it my all anyways.

Overall it took about an hour.

I received an email 2 days later telling me I wasn't chosen because someone else with more experience got the job (probably my friend who has zero experience...because yes she got hired lol)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a policy and how did you work around it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview

I walked into a room with four people, one, a senior manager, and the others, department managers.

We sat and chatted for 20 minutes or so, and they said they'd be in touch.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premera Blue Cross.

Interview

The interview process went for over 3 weeks.

1. Recruiter call (Salary details, relocation etc)
    2. Team interview (Telephonic- for 1 hour)
    3. On-site interview (Team interview + Manager interview)

I was given the offer in 2 days after the interview process is done. Overall, I would say it is a good experience