Press Ganey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Press Ganey Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2018

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

In person interview 1
    In person interview 2
    Background check
    Drug test
    Hired
    My only complaint was the company they used for the background check. They called me over 10 times to ask the exact same question. They also harassed my references (who were professionals) and made me look bad to my references.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?
      What do you think you can add to Press Ganey?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

It's basically a 4 step process. You have the initial call with the hiring manager. Then you do an interview through a program called HireVue, where questions flash onto the screen and you answer them speaking directly into your webcam. There's nobody on the other end - just the program and a 3-minute timer per question - so you must be clear and succinct. After that, you have an interview with a group that would eventually be your peers. If that group gives the green light, you move on to a final in-person interview where you deliver a presentation with a set of recommendations based off of data from a dummy Press Ganey account to a group of senior PG managers/directors who are acting as the board of a hospital.

Interview Questions

• We've had an advisor for a couple years now and haven't gotten the results we wanted. Why will you be any different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

This was the most difficult process I’ve ever been through. I first was interviewed by the hiring manager, then by the director, then by the regional president, then by a group of advisors, then was given a case study to analyze and do a formal presentation to a group of middle managers posing as client executives, then a 3 month orientation with multiple “skills checks”. If you fail, you get a limited chance to try again, but I have seen other advisor new-hires get quickly flushed out of the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you worked with a key executive to persuade him/her of an approach you were recommending   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Very drawn out - you won't get a call back from a recruiter unless someone internally tells them to reach out to you - someone like the hiring manager. Plan on the process taking at least two months. Probably the biggest frustration is they don't manage your expectations throughout the process. They may call you back in a day, week or month. You really never know where you stand with them. And base salary is not negotiable. I think they realize that their name is a big advantage for your career advancement, so they leverage that.

Interview Questions

• Behavior-based - tell about a time when...
      Also asked "are you more of a strategic thinker or detail-oriented?" Loaded question - they want both!   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen by someone on the recruiting team. If that goes well, then it will be followed by an in person interview with a specific department head. Questions were all behavioral (No case type questions). Interested in past experience and how it will fit into the specific role. Once I received the offer letter, I had to complete a drug screen and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be be a good fit in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I think the salary for undergraduate interns is pretty strictly $15 an hour. I did not try to negotiate.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

HR telephone screening followed by hiring manager call. Scheduled Skype presentation to a panel. Follow- up visit to corporate office to meet with two teammates and have lunch with hiring manager. Process took a couple months. They checked references thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based: Tell about a time... and a mock board presentation   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey in December 2008.

Interview

Press Ganey has canned questions that every interviewer is assigned. They have a huge group of people interview you, and the questions sometimes overlap. I would say to be yourself and make sure to have lots of examples of your work that you can use in the interview. They are very small-town oriented, so be aware that everyone knows everyone, and there is not a single secret in this company.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you measured results of your marketing campaigns.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous company?   Answer Question

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A phone screen was conducted first, followed by a one-way recorded video interview. Following that were several phone conversations with the hiring manager and finally several in-person interviews with various people in the company.

Interview Questions

• Work history, many 'getting to know you' questions to determine if drive and personality are a good fit for the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was presented, I asked for a few items which some were provided, some were not.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

The process is normal. HR at Press Ganey is very, very backwards. Slow to the point of dead, or so fast that it's all very unrealistic. They are in Chicago away from where the worker bees are.

Interview Questions

• Are you a details person or a big picture person?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you found something wrong and had to tell a client or customer?   Answer Question
    • What type of people do you not like working with?   Answer Question

Press Ganey Response

Dec 12, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear your process took 3 weeks- that is a quick turnaround from start to finish. We regret that you found your HR experience inconsistent. We are... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Press Ganey (South Bend, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a panel style interview. You meet with 4-5 managers and they rotate questions. You will meet with several groups and they will ask rapid fire questions. You will be asked the same line of questioning in each session. The interview could be intimidating to some.