Quotient, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quotient, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Quotient, Inc.

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Bethesda, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

did a phone interview and the recruiter was friendly and responded in a timely fashion, he did get back to me on the phone and via email. He set up a panel interview with government personnel and Quotient Inc employees. It was a very helpful and good experience even though I was not offered a position with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in July 2018.

Interview

I saw a post on a job board, one where they asked to be emailed directly. I sent the head of HR and was contacted right away to set up a phone screen. The Phone Screen was brief and touched on some of my background. They asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed directly by 3 of their developers, very friendly. I usually feel tense during the interview process, but the questions were straight forward, and the interviewers were pretty disarming and casual.

I then met with the head of HR, and he gave me an overview on what to expect less, informed me that the Developers told him it went well, and I should hear back from them very soon. The next day I had an offer and a start date. The whole process from email to being hired took less than 5 days, uncommonly fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any any custom Drupal Modules you have built for 7 and 8?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I first spoke to the recruiter about the position itself and then about the entire hiring process. This was later followed by an over the phone interview with both the recruiter and a manager that I would be working with and lastly an in-person interview in Columbia, MD. I have to state that the recruiter was very welcoming and made me feel like a part of the team before I was even hired. In addition, the interview process was great because rather than a quiz-like session, I was asked to talk about the information on my resume, my previous job experiences and what I had done on those jobs, what I learned, implemented etc, which could also lead to follow up questions if further information was needed. In a nutshell the interview process was extremely smooth and at no time did I feel uncomfortable.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

Quotient doesn't jerk you around too much; other places asked me to come in for second and third interviews, not to mention on-site and off-site skill tests. Quotient was very respectful of my time as a candidate. I submitted examples of my work with my application and they were reviewed during the interview. I met with several managers and developers, all of whom were friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, no questions stuck out as being especially difficult or unexpected. Other companies tried to play head games or catch me off guard during the interview but Quotient was very straight-forward and above board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recently interviewed for a web developer position and was very impressed by the professionalism with which the interview was conducted. I felt very comfortable during the entire process. All three interviewers were helpful and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• In Drupal 7, how can you use $ instead of jQuery to refer to the document, since $ is now deprecated?   2 Answers

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

The interviewing process was very thorough with multiple people. They were detailed and interested in my goals. I initially spoke with a recruiter then a manager over the phone which led to a face to face interview at the corp office in Columbia where I met with three more people over a couple hours. The checked everyone of my references. The president of the company also stopped in to introduce himself. He also gave me his card and asked me to call him if I needed anything which I found to be very nice, unique and generous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy. All my requirements were met.

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in September 2018.

Interview

I have never done an interview review for a company before, but I felt compelled to do so. Even though I wasn't offered a position, I was mesmerized by the end result.

For the last few months, I have applied to work for a lot of companies, and yet I still haven't seen, to my surprise, that both the owner and the technical recruiter responded back to my thank you note, and gave me feedback of the interview like Quotient did. I can see why they are a highly rated company to work for.

The interview process was one that other companies should learn and benefit from Quotient. One that could help companies hire and retain good talent and loyalty.

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about two weeks from first contact to hire. The interviewers were sincere and knowledgeable, offering information about possible projects and the work environment. After a brief phone conversation I was asked into the office for an interview with the project manager. I then had an interview with three current developers, each from different backgrounds, who helped describe the position in detail and evaluate whether I would be a good fit for the company. I was contacted by phone the following Monday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between == and === in JavaScript?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc..

Interview

No tricky questions. They know the type of candidate they looking for. very straightforward questions about C & A Accreditation, SOX etc.. Unlike other jobs I've interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Precise and awesome

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process followed two stages: phone screening and in-person interview.

The phone screening with a project manager involved a top-level conversation regarding my skills and experience as well as descriptions of the kinds of projects and technologies used at Quotient, Inc. The phone screening was fairly low-pressure and I received a call later in the day indicating that Quotient wanted to move forward with an in-person interview.

The in-person interview followed about a week and a half later. I met with the technical recruiter, the project manager I had spoken with over the phone and another project manager. I was asked for more details regarding my prior experience and skills. In addition, I was asked for my thought process in developing a Java project from the ground up given a prompt for the purpose of the application. Details regarding work-life and benefits at the company were also discussed.

Before leaving, I was given a general timeline for when to expect news. As this took place during the holiday season, the estimated response time was understandably longer than it otherwise would have (about a week and a half to two weeks).

However, I received a call from the technical recruiter several days early informing me that Quotient wanted to move forward. This was a pleasant surprise and a nice, personal touch. About a week later, I received a formal offer which I took.

Pros:

-Open, friendly interviewers interested in getting a full picture of your prior skills and career.
    -Responsive and informative
    -Streamlined interview process that covered all necessary information without running too long.

Cons:

-None that I can think of! Quotient handled the interview process in a professional and informative way.

Interview Questions

• If you were to develop a Java application for handling user job applications, how would you go about developing this project?   Answer Question