Quotient, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quotient, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Quotient, Inc.

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in September 2019.

Interview

I originally applied for another job and went through the application process with them. The experience was pleasant and swift. They asked just one thing of me and that was to explain my resume. They also helped me polish it so that I didn't sound like a child when interviewing with the job place. The other place rejected me and Quotient, Inc gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Please go over every single one of your listed projects and tell us in detail what you did.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process followed two stages: phone screening and in-person interview.

The phone screening with a project manager involved a top-level conversation regarding my skills and experience as well as descriptions of the kinds of projects and technologies used at Quotient, Inc. The phone screening was fairly low-pressure and I received a call later in the day indicating that Quotient wanted to move forward with an in-person interview.

The in-person interview followed about a week and a half later. I met with the technical recruiter, the project manager I had spoken with over the phone and another project manager. I was asked for more details regarding my prior experience and skills. In addition, I was asked for my thought process in developing a Java project from the ground up given a prompt for the purpose of the application. Details regarding work-life and benefits at the company were also discussed.

Before leaving, I was given a general timeline for when to expect news. As this took place during the holiday season, the estimated response time was understandably longer than it otherwise would have (about a week and a half to two weeks).

However, I received a call from the technical recruiter several days early informing me that Quotient wanted to move forward. This was a pleasant surprise and a nice, personal touch. About a week later, I received a formal offer which I took.

Pros:

-Open, friendly interviewers interested in getting a full picture of your prior skills and career.
    -Responsive and informative
    -Streamlined interview process that covered all necessary information without running too long.

Cons:

-None that I can think of! Quotient handled the interview process in a professional and informative way.

Interview Questions

• If you were to develop a Java application for handling user job applications, how would you go about developing this project?   Answer Question

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in September 2018.

Interview

I have never done an interview review for a company before, but I felt compelled to do so. Even though I wasn't offered a position, I was mesmerized by the end result.

For the last few months, I have applied to work for a lot of companies, and yet I still haven't seen, to my surprise, that both the owner and the technical recruiter responded back to my thank you note, and gave me feedback of the interview like Quotient did. I can see why they are a highly rated company to work for.

The interview process was one that other companies should learn and benefit from Quotient. One that could help companies hire and retain good talent and loyalty.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in July 2018.

Interview

I saw a post on a job board, one where they asked to be emailed directly. I sent the head of HR and was contacted right away to set up a phone screen. The Phone Screen was brief and touched on some of my background. They asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed directly by 3 of their developers, very friendly. I usually feel tense during the interview process, but the questions were straight forward, and the interviewers were pretty disarming and casual.

I then met with the head of HR, and he gave me an overview on what to expect less, informed me that the Developers told him it went well, and I should hear back from them very soon. The next day I had an offer and a start date. The whole process from email to being hired took less than 5 days, uncommonly fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any any custom Drupal Modules you have built for 7 and 8?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

it was pretty straight forward and fast. I received a call on Monday and we set up an interview for the next day and after that technical interview I had a personal interview for the next day after the technical one and in the same day right away after completing my personal interview I received a call from the recruiter with the new steps to follow. it was pretty exciting and faster than others what I had before

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took about two weeks from first contact to hire. The interviewers were sincere and knowledgeable, offering information about possible projects and the work environment. After a brief phone conversation I was asked into the office for an interview with the project manager. I then had an interview with three current developers, each from different backgrounds, who helped describe the position in detail and evaluate whether I would be a good fit for the company. I was contacted by phone the following Monday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between == and === in JavaScript?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Bethesda, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

did a phone interview and the recruiter was friendly and responded in a timely fashion, he did get back to me on the phone and via email. He set up a panel interview with government personnel and Quotient Inc employees. It was a very helpful and good experience even though I was not offered a position with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I first spoke to the recruiter about the position itself and then about the entire hiring process. This was later followed by an over the phone interview with both the recruiter and a manager that I would be working with and lastly an in-person interview in Columbia, MD. I have to state that the recruiter was very welcoming and made me feel like a part of the team before I was even hired. In addition, the interview process was great because rather than a quiz-like session, I was asked to talk about the information on my resume, my previous job experiences and what I had done on those jobs, what I learned, implemented etc, which could also lead to follow up questions if further information was needed. In a nutshell the interview process was extremely smooth and at no time did I feel uncomfortable.

Capture/Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Very thorough. It involved a interview, a writing test, homework and a DISC Assessment. I think that Quotient was very smart about the process that they used to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Please write a cover letter that you would include in a proposal. What types of issues have you dealt with in the past and how did you address them? Have you lost proposals, and if so, why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received another offer during the interview process with Quotient, so that expedited the process.

Web Developer (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quotient, Inc. (Columbia, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

The entire process from initial contact to signing paperwork took two weeks.

I reached out to the company after seeing a very interesting ad. The internal recruiter followed up quickly, our phone conversation was totally straightforward and he was very persuasive.

He set up an on-site interview where I met the team lead/manager and we had more of a discussion than an interview. This was followed by a brief discussion with two developers where they occasionally asked tech questions. The discussions were frank and open, and gave me a very positive view of the development team.

Like many others I get super nervous and sometimes get freeze-brain when being evaluated in an interview. Quotient's approach is an excellent way to conduct an interview and to keep the candidate at ease. I was impressed and grateful that they didn't conduct a "gotcha" interview, and this added to my respect for the individuals and for the company as a whole.

The most amazing part of the experience was that everyone I interacted with did exactly what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. How many companies have that going for them?

Interview Questions

• In PHP how do you pass a variable to a function by reference?   1 Answer