RSA Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

3.1

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

3 Technical coding rounds and 1 Design . Questions depends on the interviewer but mine were tough ones with Dynamic Programming. Design related to solving performance and scalability issues.

Interview Questions

• Design and Algorithmn mostly java related tech stack.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with managers and those currently in the role. Flew to Boston for the final interview with manager, inside sales and VP. After a poor experience with the recruiter and VP I chose to decline the offer. After many months of inquiry they have not reimbursed for travel expenses that were listed as acceptable and approved. Overall poor experience

Global Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA).

Interview

I knew someone who worked in the group, who told me about the position. After a friendly "phone screen," I was submitted for the job. Ten days later, I had a long afternoon series of in-house interviews (noon to 5:15 PM) with ten people, four individually, the remainder in three groups of two. They maintained the interview schedule throughout. Was brought back to meet the boss' boss two weeks later. All interviews were more like dialogs, very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What's a key thing you learned on your current job?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere during the process, all interviewers did a great job. It starts with a couple of phone calls, and an in-person interview later on. All of the interviews were very involving, and the level of professionalism was kept very high at all times. I enjoyed the process and would advise everyone to go through this process as it is a great experience.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then I followed up right away, they called me a week later and invited me in for an interview but not for about 10 days out. They sent me a lot of information and told me I had to present on their product that I would be selling front of 6 sales managers. They sent me all the information and I put together a powerpoint presentation. I showed up and did presentation in front of 6 people I never met presenting on a product that I had not been trained on. It had to be about 5-10 minutes long. The people interviewing were nice enough, but definitely didn't care about the content of my presentation. I followed up after the interview and the manager said they still had people and hadn't decided yet but would let me know as soon as they talked. The manager never got back to me to tell me I got it or didn't , which made me come to the conclusion that I didn't want to work for a company that puts so much unneccesary pressure on your and keeps you hanging anyways.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with? Seriously, I thought this was a trick question and that they were just playing me.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and then had a total of four interviews, three by phone and one live. The recruiter asked some screening questions too, but I don't count that as an interview. Two phone interviews were entirely behavior-based; they really want to make sure you are a great fit for the company and industry. The other phone interview was a technical screen. The live interview involved giving a presentation on an IT-related topic and then doing some Q&A. For me, the process moved very quickly; I think it took three weeks. Everyone is extremely professional and also very nice, though you may get the typical interview posturing.

Interview Questions

• There are too many questions to list. Here's a general interview tip: Be able to fully answer questions on the fly. Don't give the impression that you've rehearsed for fear of looking phony.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The salary was very competitive for the industry.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview by an employee referral. The phone interview was relatively straight forward. They went over my resume and asked why I was interested in a career in sales. They asked if I would come in for a round of in person interviews the next week. The in person interview would take place over two hours with four different people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a career in technology sales?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

They were very unorganized. First, their reception did not even know the manager's phone number nor were they notified I had an appointment. I had to wait 30 minutes because of this. Then I was supposed to meet with 4 people. I only met with 3, and one of the managers was pulling me out of the meetings with the other two saying they had to be quick with me because they needed to leave at 5pm because of the traffic. They asked stupid questions and did not show consideration for my candidacy and answers. Very unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any original questions, just the regular behavior questions and the ones based on experience, but I felt the manager wasn't paying attention in me/my answers, and the conversation was flowing.   Answer Question

G&A Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

Interviewed with the team and the business. Talked with 12 people total. Several from the business and mainly all of the group I would be joining. Long process but informative.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a highly matrix organization?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA).

Interview

The process took almost 2 weeks. Interviewed with WebEx call and it lasted for almost 1 hour 15 minutes. I interviewed people from technical team. It was a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• - Some reflection concepts
      - Few basic .net questions: Finalizer and Dispose; Boxing and Unboxing; MS Automation test; Palindrome string;
      - some MVVM framework.
      - They asked few questions on Automation test-fakes, Agile methodology and more technical questions.
      Answer Question