RSA Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSA Security Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview while studying abroad, and both my manager and the HR team were willing to work with me on timing. I really enjoyed my interview and felt like my manager gave me a good idea of the projects I would be working should I get the job.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Reston, VA).

Interview

After a director of Talent acquisition reached out to me, and asked of I'm interested. I sent over my resume and portfolio. He then got the product manager to review it, and since he liked it, he asked for a quick call. We later proceeded with a phone screening call with the product manager, and then I had to go to do a 3 hours in person interview.
    The interview consists of 3 sessions. The first 45 minutes will be a call with a UI developer.
    The next 45 minutes will be with a product manager (technically your boss). And the last hour the whole UXD team will join the product manager, and will go over some of your portfolio work.

Interview Questions

• In a form, what do you prefer for the field titles, aligned to the right or to the left? and why?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role online. A recruiter emailed me to set up a time for a phone interview, along with a list of questions to answer ahead of time. I reply with times to speak on the phone with the questions answered. The recruiter confirms a time for the phone interview. The time comes for the phone interview and I wait 20 minutes and never received the call. I found this so unprofessional and rude to waste my time like that. I didn't bother to follow up with the recruiter because this experience left a bad taste in my mouth about how RSA is run and would rather focus my time and effort elsewhere.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Their recruiter reached out to me for this position, which would be remote. The next week, I had a phone screen with the hiring manager, followed by 4(!) phone screens with team members. About a week or two later, I went on-site at their HQ to interview with 6 or so people in succession. After that, the hiring manager asked for work samples, while the recruiter requested that I go to a local field office to meet with a VP based in my region. We were in the process of scheduling that when the recruiter let me know that although the hiring manager was very interested in me, the headcount had been reallocated, and that RSA therefore could not make me an offer. The recruiter offered to connect me with a different hiring manager and I did a phone screen with her, but she passed on me saying she was only interested in local candidates.

Generally the people I met with were pleasant, professional, and competent. I am giving this a negative review because of 1) the number of interviews I had to complete, and 2) the frustrating nature of the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Should we build our product to integrate with Windows Hello? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA).

Interview

This interview was a lesson for me to learn how deceitful some big organizations can be. I applied for this position and within few days was contacted by a recruiter from Dell, as this is it's parent company. After a brief conversation with the recruiter, I was set up for a telephonic round with the Hiring Manager after a week. The hiring manager seemed pretty impressed and I was asked to attend the onsite interview after 2 weeks. Interview went well where I was drilled on some basic Java questions. After the interview I sent a thank you note to the recruiter and he/she replied "The team likes you and we'll let you know once the final decision is made." For a normal person, it would mean the team wants to hire you but we'll complete the formality of interviewing other candidates. After 5 follow-up mails over a period of 4 weeks, I was handed over a rejection statement "We decided to offer someone else." That too I had to remind them so they can tell me their decision. How difficult was it to let me know this right after the first or second week? Was is really necessary to keep candidates hanging for a month after the interview? A friend of mine had a similar situation with EMC, which is RSA's parent company. They made him wait for 6 weeks after interview just to hand him the rejection

You know what the funny part is?? They posted the same job again on the LinkedIn couple of days after handing me the rejection note.

Principal Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then heard from a recruiter approximately three weeks later to schedule an introductory phone call with the recruiter.

Call with the recruiter was brief – discussed compensation, my job search status, and set up a phone call with the hiring manager for the next week.

In the 30-minute phone call with the hiring manager we discussed my background, what I’m looking for in my next opportunity, and more details about the position.

Less than a week after the phone call with the hiring manager the recruiter reached out again to set up an in-person interview with the team. I suggested a date/time, but didn’t receive confirmation until two days before the scheduled interview from a different recruiter, which was a bit stressful. An earlier interview confirmation would have been useful.

During the in-person interview I met with each team member separately. They were very professional and courteous – they asked if I needed more water, needed a bathroom break, etc. They tried not to repeat questions that were previously asked. The questions were primarily behavioral and experience-based.

After the on-site interview, I never heard back from anyone until I received an email two months later from Dell asking me to fill out a survey about my interview experience. Given that it’s been two months and I received this survey, I’m led to conclude that I didn’t get the job. It would have been nice to have received some kind of notification I didn’t get the job, especially after having gone through multiple rounds of interviews.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview where they asked basic questions "tell me about yourself", "why are you a good fit for this role?", etc. Followed by phone interviews with a few others in management positions, and finally an in person interview where you describe how the product works and the services that come along with it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at RSA?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for RSA?
      Can you give me an example where you had to overcome and obstacle?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security (Burlington, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening was given. We discussed why I'd be a good fit for the organization and some past accomplishments. They also asked about my experience, and how it'd translate. I thought it was fair, and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some obstacles you've overcome   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

3 Technical coding rounds and 1 Design . Questions depends on the interviewer but mine were tough ones with Dynamic Programming. Design related to solving performance and scalability issues.

Interview Questions

• Design and Algorithmn mostly java related tech stack.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews with managers and those currently in the role. Flew to Boston for the final interview with manager, inside sales and VP. After a poor experience with the recruiter and VP I chose to decline the offer. After many months of inquiry they have not reimbursed for travel expenses that were listed as acceptable and approved. Overall poor experience