RSA Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSA Security Interview Questions

Interviews at RSA Security

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview while studying abroad, and both my manager and the HR team were willing to work with me on timing. I really enjoyed my interview and felt like my manager gave me a good idea of the projects I would be working should I get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter and then had a total of four interviews, three by phone and one live. The recruiter asked some screening questions too, but I don't count that as an interview. Two phone interviews were entirely behavior-based; they really want to make sure you are a great fit for the company and industry. The other phone interview was a technical screen. The live interview involved giving a presentation on an IT-related topic and then doing some Q&A. For me, the process moved very quickly; I think it took three weeks. Everyone is extremely professional and also very nice, though you may get the typical interview posturing.

Interview Questions

• There are too many questions to list. Here's a general interview tip: Be able to fully answer questions on the fly. Don't give the impression that you've rehearsed for fear of looking phony.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The salary was very competitive for the industry.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

Easy and basic questions like tell me about yourself and what you are doing in your project now. How are you using SOLID principles in your project. Two rounds first behavioral 45 mins then technical 45mins.

Interview Questions

• how did you use SOLID principles in your project   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RSA Security (San Mateo, CA) in April 2008.

Interview

Had a phone interview that tested on multi-threading, java basics and details on all the projects on my resume. Was invited for a face-to-face with 6 members in the team (45 mins each). Each concentrated on different areas like application design, multi-threading, database, etc.,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA).

Interview

This interview was a lesson for me to learn how deceitful some big organizations can be. I applied for this position and within few days was contacted by a recruiter from Dell, as this is it's parent company. After a brief conversation with the recruiter, I was set up for a telephonic round with the Hiring Manager after a week. The hiring manager seemed pretty impressed and I was asked to attend the onsite interview after 2 weeks. Interview went well where I was drilled on some basic Java questions. After the interview I sent a thank you note to the recruiter and he/she replied "The team likes you and we'll let you know once the final decision is made." For a normal person, it would mean the team wants to hire you but we'll complete the formality of interviewing other candidates. After 5 follow-up mails over a period of 4 weeks, I was handed over a rejection statement "We decided to offer someone else." That too I had to remind them so they can tell me their decision. How difficult was it to let me know this right after the first or second week? Was is really necessary to keep candidates hanging for a month after the interview? A friend of mine had a similar situation with EMC, which is RSA's parent company. They made him wait for 6 weeks after interview just to hand him the rejection

You know what the funny part is?? They posted the same job again on the LinkedIn couple of days after handing me the rejection note.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RSA Security.

Interview

I had an online video interview with RSA Security. The interviewer asked some general questions about data structures and problem solving. The interviewer was a systems engineer, not an HR employee, and was very kind.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSA Security (Overland Park, KS) in May 2011.

Interview

The process started with my recruiter presenting me to the company. They liked what they saw and brought me in for a 1:1 with the HR head, the gentleman I was replacing, and finally his boss.; ~ 4 hours. About a week later the HR rep contacted me saying that I had moved to the next level and to complete a technical exercise within a week. This included modelling a software product, but was left pretty open; you are expected to ask questions. About a week or two after turning in artifacts, RSA had me come in to walk through what I was thinking during the exercise. This was a ~1.5 hour presentation in front of ~10 persons from several different disciplines, inside and outside of the IT org. Several weeks later my recruiter received feedback that they were passing. The reason was that I was not technical enough for the position. All in all, I thought it was a very challenging, but pleasant experience. RSA certainly wants you to know your stuff. Also, it was very nice that the HR rep debriefed you after each phase of the process; this was a pleasant change from normal interviewing. The feedback was constructive and thoughtful.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screen, then I followed up right away, they called me a week later and invited me in for an interview but not for about 10 days out. They sent me a lot of information and told me I had to present on their product that I would be selling front of 6 sales managers. They sent me all the information and I put together a powerpoint presentation. I showed up and did presentation in front of 6 people I never met presenting on a product that I had not been trained on. It had to be about 5-10 minutes long. The people interviewing were nice enough, but definitely didn't care about the content of my presentation. I followed up after the interview and the manager said they still had people and hadn't decided yet but would let me know as soon as they talked. The manager never got back to me to tell me I got it or didn't , which made me come to the conclusion that I didn't want to work for a company that puts so much unneccesary pressure on your and keeps you hanging anyways.

Interview Questions

• What other companies are you interviewing with? Seriously, I thought this was a trick question and that they were just playing me.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Inside Sales position at RSA in Bedford, MA through the employee referral portal and was contacted by a recruiter in New York. We had a very brief initial conversation in which her description of the role and of the hiring process was vague at best. She said she would put me in touch with a manager for a phone interview shortly.

3 weeks later I was having trouble re-connecting with her and had to have my friend who's manager level at EMC (a parent organization) intervene. I was finally, after her inability to book something in my requested days multiple times, able to schedule a phone conversation. The day I was given was Veterans Day. Normally I don't care about having an interview on a holiday, but I am a Marine Corps combat veteran! I asked the recruiter in multiple emails if she suggested researching anything specific before the call and got no responses to my questions. Only the proposed day and time. I had to ask for the name of the interviewer, which I only received an hour before.

The conversation I had with the manager was mostly him describing the role and the hiring process, something the recruiter should have done in the first place. The Manager and I concluded the call agreeing that I'd be a good fit and he described the remainder of the process. He said he'd connect with me via email after the call, in case I had questions and have the recruiter send me everything I'd need to give a "presentation" to a group of managers, followed by an interview.

I emailed and left a voicemail with the recruiter after the interview, saying how it went, but after a week I still hadn't been able to reconnect. I never received an email from the interviewing manager, his contact info or any other information. I finally received a call from the recruiter after normal hours, a couple days before the holiday. I called back the next morning and asked some questions about the presentation and what information I'd need, she said she's never booked an interview for RSA before! I had to explain what they were looking for and she said she'd get back to me with all the info and to email her my availability for the next week.

A week later, I recieved a vm saying she could get me in Friday. Barely anytime for preparation, no information about what I needed to be presenting or anything!

By this time, I've already started and finished the hiring process with multiple other companies and have other options. I felt like I was getting the 'run around' from this company because they are a government contractor and I am a protected veteran, so by law they have to consider me if I am qualified, but I seriously question both the recruiter and the manager's agenda in filling the position with a service member. I've heard of large companies bottlenecking veterans in the hiring process before, but this was the first time I've ever actually felt discriminated against. Nobody there seemed to want to set you up for success. For that reason, I declined coming in for the in-person presentation/interview. I did not want to jeopardize employment elsewhere by continuing with their disorganized and legnthy hiring process.

RSA began at the top of my list and now is no longer a consideration for me. Hopefully they learn some lessons from this review and improve upon their talent attraction and acquisition process. As a company that spends money online saying how they have an initiative to hire veterans, I felt under valued almost to the point of undermining throughout their entire process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Only went through one interview process - on the phone with two managers. They had me go through my resume that I had sent in, they asked questions based off of the position you are applying for (i.e. how much experience do you have in data analysis, what's your background on coding, etc.) and then they went over the projects. There wasn't much description in terms of job requirements when I was applying for the position but they went over that in the interview. They ended the call by telling me that they had a few more interviews within the week and will get back to me in a week. A few days later, I go a phone call from HR congratulating me.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - as long as you know the position you are applying for and what the job entitles.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Security (Bedford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview where they asked basic questions "tell me about yourself", "why are you a good fit for this role?", etc. Followed by phone interviews with a few others in management positions, and finally an in person interview where you describe how the product works and the services that come along with it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at RSA?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for RSA?
      Can you give me an example where you had to overcome and obstacle?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question