Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Dec 26, 2016

Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the positon about two weeks ago before I received a call from Rady. I got an initial phone interview and talked about my job history with little IT questions. I later accepted a panel interview that consisted of 6 people: IT Manager, 3 techs, 1 lead, and a desktop technician.

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First interview was a test with trick questions, they try to confused you so you really have to pay attention to detail and check your work. No calculator where aloud, I got a call back the next day , so I'm interviewing in a day.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in July 2016.

Interview

During the initial interview asked basic HR competencies related to the job. Lengthy list of behavioral based questions and asked to provide examples. Interview was done in a group format. Contact was done by departmental team and not HR. Was invited back for a second interview which didn't take place, was provided a tour and given an electronic excel test. Contacted the team back to thank them numerous times via e-mail and absolutely no response back from the departmental team or HR. No contact was very disappointing. Particularly after contact by the departmental team that was up to four contacts per day by phone and e-mail. Was pursued for several weeks and at one point even asked for references.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in applying for the position? How did you prepare for the interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital in July 2016.

Interview

I can not recommend this organization based upon their lack of follow up.
    Process began with phone screening interview that went well followed by several other in person interviews. I was told I was a great candidate. None of my references were contacted.
    Usual behavioral interview questions.sent thank you notes
    No feedback
    No reply for a month
    Attempted to contact by email but no reply received.
    Assumed there will be no offer
    A reply would be the polite thing when you take up 8 hours of a candidates time.
    Then their recruiter spams me on LinkedIn as a good candidate but again does not reply.
    I would pass on this organization. Not professional at all. Not considerate.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviews conducted primarily via internet and video conference. 2 phone interviews and one video conference with entire research team. After video conference, received a call and email from Rady Children's recruiter, and later from HR. Required scheduled visit with Occupational Health to do physical health screen and drug test. Start date was about one week following Occupational Health appointment

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug screen?   1 Answer
    • Any concerns regarding ability to work? Timing?   1 Answer
    • Experience in this specific field of research?   1 Answer
    • Familiarity with regulatory practices   1 Answer
    • Is transportation a concern?   1 Answer

Administrative Associate B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital.

Interview

I applied for several positions relating to Administrative jobs with minimum requirement to have an Associates degree. I have a bachelor's in Business Administration above an AA with experience. No email or any follow up to let you know of the job status. You need to check the website to read the computer generated notes whether or not your application has been considered to move on to the next step. Applying to Rady children's is a waste of time, unless you know someone or work with a staffing agency that specialize in helping you getting into healthcare administration.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

First, there is the MA assessment that consists of 15-20 questions with a "why did you become a medical assistant" question at the end. It's fairly easy if you know you dosage calculations and how to prepare an injection. Pass that assessment then move on to phase two, a computer test then a typing test. Pass those, then have an interview with HR. Pass that, then have another interview at the work site you'll be wanting to work. After that... I don't know. I'm still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What qualities make a good team. Define teamwork. Talk about a time where you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question

New Graduate RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was called about 2 weeks after my application was submitted, Interview was great, standard questions along with behavioral style-teamwork-conflict resolution oriented. I was told I would be notified in 2-3 weeks either way (with or without a job offer), and was never contacted. I contacted the floor supervisor, the nurse recruiter twice, and finally sent a message to ask for feedback about what I might improve on. The lack of communication was very frustrating, but mostly because I had been led to believe I would be contacted. The Interview, was with a director, supervisor and nurse educators, they were all fantastic. I believe a change was transpiring that caused hiccups in the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time one of your Boundaries had been violated?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were given an "assignment" (task) that was not clearly specified, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

got lost in the cracks waited long time, I was offered the job and forgot about after doing all the required stuff needed to do, finally got the job after months and months. They said that to many people working the cases

Interview Questions

• where do I find my self in 5 years, I had no idea where I wanted to be just with a company that was growing   Answer Question

I Applied for A Surgical Technologist Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was a group interview with lead staff members from the operating room, where each member of the panel asked two questions each. After they had finished, i was then allowed to ask any questions that I had. It was a great process and allowed me to determine whether it was a great fit for me as well as the organization.

Interview Questions

• Please give a description of an abdominal appendectomy   1 Answer