Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rady Children's Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Rady Children's Hospital

Community Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I had 2 telephone interviews as I lived in another state and for my final interview, I was asked to come to interview for the position in-person. I communicated with teh team via telephone and email contacts.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, I used my experiences to answer the questions,a nd used apparent negative experiences into positive ones and described how I used the experiences to grow and change into a better person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Got the call for the interview 3 months after I applied, the male that called me to set up the interview was rude over the phone, I already felt he was annoyed, plus he wasn't thorough with the location of the interview. The day of the interview I met with 2 people (same male that called me and one female). I arrived 10 minutes early waiting in the lobby and they were 20 minutes late to the interview. The male interviewer was very rude, he gave unpleasant facial expressions and kept looking at his watch as I answered their questions. I felt that I did not get to talk enough hence 30 seconds into me answering their questions he would sigh and interrupt me while I was talking. I felt like ending the interview and walking out. The interview was about 45 minutes, towards the end he said he would give me a tour of the clinic and he pointed at the recycle bin and said "That's where we recycle", walked me to the exit door, as we walked he said "this is the hallway". Terrible!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with diverse populations?   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted about two weeks after I applied. I scheduled the interview for that same week. I was interviewed by two department supervisors. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was made an offer about a week later.

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (Murrieta, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I met with Unit Manager and Satellite Manager at site. They asked me a series of predetermined questions. After questions were asked, they used a point system to determine where I fell within their scale. I scored high marks and eventually was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a angry parent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The 1st day was the test day, it was basic maths and 2 short answers about customer services situations. The next day, they called me to notice that I passed the test and made appointment for the 1:1 interview with human resource staff. No offer after this interview

Interview Questions

• First questions was "do you have any questions for me?"   Answer Question
    • Pls tell me the situations that the customers did anger with you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Pre- assessment test basic math and scenario based questions ( not too complicated)
    2.One on one with HR/Microsoft and Outlook test/typing test, behavioral questions
    3.Meeting with site supervisor to interview
    This process takes a while but is well worth it! All the people I have met are super helpful and nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA).

Interview

They called me in, there were two females. Immediately I could feel that they did not like me and proceeded a condescending interview. There body language suggested that they were not accepting my answers.

Interview Questions

• Usual, like how to defuse the situation.
      What was a difficult issue you were in and how did you turn it around   Answer Question

Patient Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Open interview hosted at the management services facility. Filled out an assessment (basic math skills and short answer). Passed, got a call for a second interview which was a 1 on 1 with the Hiring Manager and completed a typing/Microsoft applications skills test. Passed, got called for a third interview with a panel consisting of three managers from three different campuses. sadly, no offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Rady Children's Hospital?
      Describe a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker?
      If your Supervisor asked you to complete a task that you were not allowed to what would you do?
      If you were asked to complete a list of tasks for your supervisor but were running out of time in the work day what would you do?
      What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      Tell me about yourself....   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Went through a temp agency. Went to the interview. Interviewed with leadership. Took a skills test. Interview lasted 30min. The agency handled the paperwork, drug test, background check, start date, badge photo and payroll checks.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a co-worker who was always negative   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rady Children's Hospital (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviews conducted primarily via internet and video conference. 2 phone interviews and one video conference with entire research team. After video conference, received a call and email from Rady Children's recruiter, and later from HR. Required scheduled visit with Occupational Health to do physical health screen and drug test. Start date was about one week following Occupational Health appointment

Interview Questions

• Can you pass a drug screen?   1 Answer
    • Any concerns regarding ability to work? Timing?   1 Answer
    • Experience in this specific field of research?   1 Answer
    • Familiarity with regulatory practices   1 Answer
    • Is transportation a concern?   1 Answer