Ralphs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

1.6

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a couple a week later I received a phone screen request email. I was interviewed and offered the position immediately. I had my oral drug test during the interview and received an email requesting the background check.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. Received an email saying that they have an immediate opening position so I called for the phone screening. The guy on the other end of the line.. i'm assuming he worked for the Kroger company honestly sounded done with his job lol They asked 2 questions which really sounded like they were just reading from a piece of paper and if they liked the answers that were provided they would decide if you're eligible to advance to an in-person interview in the store. I was asked 2 questions and was scheduled for an interviews. Unfortunately, at the same time another job decided to hire me so I had to cancel in the interview. Congrats to the other person I was going to do a group interview with though! Hope you got the job. I did send the manager of Ralphs an email letting them know I won't be able to make it to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a difficult decision in your life and how you managed to resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What is customer service? (They said something really long before this.. I wasn't able to understand it due to the blur and how fast and lazily they spoke)   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Wasn't the best. Felt rushed and people weren't listening but what did I expect? Nice age and ethnicity range, close to home. Store could use help. Not the right fit for me

Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview was very easy. The person described the position and asked if I was interested.
    Then she described the required hours. When there was a discrepancy, she compared my application with the recruiter's notes and found that the recruiter wanted the interviewer to ask me if I would be willing to work other hours than my application said. The interviewer noted that my application matched my words in the interview. She said that they would put me at the top of the list for daytime availability.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends and nights?   1 Answer

Service Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ralphs (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant manager who was very nice and stressed that the store becomes your family. She went over job description, salary, union expectations and hours. She indicated I would hear one way or another by the end of the week. I didn't hear back at all.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ralphs.

Interview

Applied online then called for a phone interview. They described the position available since I applied for any job there. Then the interviewer asked three questions and if you pass then they'll schedule an in person interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Valencia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day asking me to call the recruiter and do a brief phone interview, which I did and they scheduled an in person interview for two days later.
    Was interviewed by the front end manager, nothing hard and it was very easy and i was hired on the spot.

Courtesy Clerk/Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Lake Forest, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Received an email later asking to do a phone screening. Interviewer on phone asked three questions, then scheduled an in-person interview for the next day. I was sent to the manager's office for interviewing with some delay. I was assigned to a newbie interviewer since the manager was busy with something else. The questions were focused on my educational background and the position I was looking at. After the interview, she said that she would call back after interviewing other candidates. I will be waiting for a reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy process. I applied online and received an email asking to do a phone interview. I was asked about my availability and a few questions. Then I was scheduled for an in person interview. After my interview I was told they had few more people to interview and that they would get back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ralphs (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day asking me to call the recruiter and do a brief phone interview; I passed and they scheduled an in person interview for the next day. The interview itself was very relaxed and easy. They told me they would notify me in a couple of days what their decision was. I had to give them a call five days later since I did not receive a phone call. I gave them a follow up call the next day and they called me back later that afternoon offering me the job.