ReadyTalk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ReadyTalk Interview Questions

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Before being considers for an interview, applicants are required to answer a lengthy questionnaire asking for likes and dislikes about broad technologies categories (Java, C++, Windows, Apple, and while they don't ask directly, they indirectly ask what you spend your free time doing.

From the process and response from the company, they are looking for total technology nerds. If you don't spend your free time writing code from an open-source project, they consider that a "red flag" and eliminate you from consideration. They look for people for whom the command line is the primary form of "social" interaction. The well-rounded need not apply.

The job description stated: "Willing to work off-hours", read: Always working after hours - that's the real "red flag". Apparently the trend towards work-life balance is lost on this company. Don't waste your time on the questionnaire unless going home to write more code and play video games is the highlight of your day.

Interview Questions

• Answer broad, vague questions in a questionnaire.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process is lengthy, but worth the process to make sure you are a good fit for the organization. Here is a breakdown of the interview process: 1. Fill out online application and testing. 2. Phone screen with recruiters 3. In office interview with department director 4. Interview with department managers 5. Interview with potential co-workers 6. Cultural interview- cross section of various departments to learn more about who you are, not skill set, and if you would be a good fit with ReadyTalk. The entire interview process does not happen in one day or one week, typically it will last over the course of a couple months, possibly longer.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was during my cultural interview- "if you could go to dinner with anyone alive or deceased, who would it be" Great question!   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for the position I started in.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO) in December 2012.

Interview

I appreciated that during the interview process they were much more about the person than anything else. I have been through other interviews where I was just asked brain teasers. Very timely and friendly responses from the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any questions asked to be difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were willing to negotiate the salary they initially offered me.

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

After submitting resume, took a long personality and skill test online. I was contacted by email by a recruiter and had a phone interview with that recruiter. That recruiter set up an in-person nterview in their Lodo office. Their I met with the hiring manager and the HR manager for what they called a "talent" interview. I was contacted the following week by the initial recruiter who notified me that I did not make a cut for the second round (AKA "fit" interview) because I was overqualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• what gets you out of bed for work?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO) in January 2011.

Interview

Thorough, well planned, was allowed to see the company culture through multiple interviews, met CEO and other leaders, met direct boss and teammates, comfortable (casual not formal), room for discussion and questions, open forum

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ReadyTalk (Denver, CO) in February 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was conducted by company recruiter. Knowledgeable and pleasant to speak with via the phone. She was prompt with initial follow-up and arranging interview times and details.
    Interview process is done in three rounds. First round is with people you will work with. Second is with people in reporting structure. Third is a cultural panel interview to see if you fit with the corporate culture that they are trying to maintain.

First two rounds are easy going discussions. Nothing too hard or technical, what have you done in the past and how you would handle a situation.

Company location is ideal in downtown Denver close to bus and local attractions. People were very nice and would have been great to been offered position. As a growing company they can use some outside skills to round out their internally developed expertise.

Watch for the cultural element that ReadyTalk is trying to preserve. This tripped me up. While I would have fit in culturally during interview process tried to make the most of the time and probably emphasized too much business. Relax and be yourself, they want to see that too.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty straight forward. No tricks or anything unexpected.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ReadyTalk.

Interview

This was a very thorough interview process and explains why such great employees are at ReadyTalk. They took the time to do things right. I had three group interviews: talents, technical and cultural. I was able to talk to many different people in engineering. I never felt rushed or out of place. The entire process felt very personable compared to other interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReadyTalk.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and setup an initial phone interview which went well. After that I was asked to fill out a questionnaire that asked about my thoughts on different technologies and my experiences with them. They wanted lots of detail, but I didn't have time to spend hours on it. They wanted to know about side projects, but I'm in school and working full-time so I did not have any. I like technology, but it's clear they don't want you to have a work-life balance or a family so this would probably be a good job for new single grads.