ReferralExchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview. The next day I was contacted and set up for a face to face interview. 2 sales managers conducted the interview that lasted 45 minutes. Average questions, a few harder individualized questions.

Interview Questions

ReferralExchange Response

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy that despite not receiving a job offer your experience was good. That is the way it should be. I hope you found that perfect position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by a technical phone screen, followed by an on-site. The whole process was going really well. Unfortunately, the CTO then met me and gave me an offer to get an offer. He expected me to agree to work with them in exchange for an offer without knowing any compensation details, such as salary. After a couple of attempts over email to get some more information, which is key to making an employment decision, he rescinded my "offer for an offer." I never got a number, just a 'promise' that it was reasonable and a lot of pressure to sign a paper.

If you can pay your landlord with the promises ReferralExchange pays its employees with, then maybe this is the company for you. I however elected to join a company that pays USD.

Interview Questions

• The onsite involved programming and web design collaborating with members of the team.   Answer Question

Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR, then an in person interview with two managers the following week. The HR representative was speedy with email responses in the very beginning but after my interview I didn't hear from her until 30+ days to let me know that they went with someone else. If I had only had one interview I wouldn't care but I felt like after two interviews and multiple email conversations, I deserved a follow up email instead of just being ignored for weeks.

When you walk into the office it is pretty bare, when you walk around the corner there is an open space with tables and about 15 people sitting around with headsets. The job description was vast and sounded interesting but when you show up to the office you will quickly realize that this job is basically a call center. They made it clear in the interview that you spend 90% of your day on the phone and 10% doing simple google searches.

You are required to get your real estate license ( they pay for it) and their benefits are set up in a weird way. They pay a health care stipend of about 200/ month or you can use discounted services they have set up but it doesn't sound like the normal set up.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being on the phone 90% of the day?   Answer Question

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

Dear Candidate, I'm the HR Recruiter (Sharon) you had the phone interview with. I'm so sorry to hear that the process took longer than we like it to be. The position you applied for is a position on... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (Sacramento, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview where I spoke with one of the team leads about the position, then a in person interview with a panel of current employees, trainers and management. I then was later offered a position with the company.

Interview Questions

ReferralExchange Response

Oct 28, 2016 – CEO

Thank you so much for your positive review! We really appreciate it and hope are enjoying working at ReferralExchange.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (Sacramento, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Interview questions were effective and thorough and interviewers were kind and engaged. Follow up occurred in an appropriate amount of time. The culture of the company was apparent by the supportive nature of the employees that I met on my way in and out of the interview.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

The first interview was great. There were cookies and refreshments. The second interview went well also and I was promised a response by that Friday. I didn't hear back on time, but later I was asked for references(emails were mandatory). The recruiter became bothersome because she didn't hear back asap(one reference was in vacation and the other sick)and was asking me to basically do her job! The final straw is when she began asking me questions over the phone thinking I was a reference. Then she proceeded to ask me if I was interested after stressing the fact that she didn't hear back from everyone. Afterwards, she told me numbers only are acceptable(I could have provided more references up front)! I didn't follow up with additional/corrected numbers. The lack of professionalism and lower end compensation aren't worth taking a basic phone job.

Interview Questions

ReferralExchange Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Talent Recruiter

Dear Candidate,

We are sorry that your experience was not as positive as we intended it to be. We strive to get back to candidates within a week after each part of the interviewing process, and... More

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (Sacramento, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

pretty average but with more questions to know who you are. It was a bit different fro my average over the phone interview. Applying to corporate and start ups have different interview processes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ReferralExchange (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen, a technical phone screen, and an in-person interview. The initial phone screen was with an engineering higher-up. I asked a lot of questions about the role and thought his responses were extremely condescending. He brought up multiple times that he fires employees who cannot learn fast to meet his expectations. Speaking to him made me very nervous but, to my surprise, I got moved forward to the next stage. The next phone screen was with an engineer on the team. It was a lightning-round trivia-type interview covering topics such as Ruby on Rails, Javascript, and software design, architectural patterns. The interview was challenging, but this interviewer was a lot more personable and friendly than the other one. Interviewing with this engineer made me feel more excited about working for this team. After this round, I was invited to the on-site interview.

The in person interview was 50% behavioral and 50% technical/trivia. As a recent bootcamp grad, I did well with the Ruby/Javascript, but struggled to answer some of the software infrastructure questions. I enjoyed speaking to the team, but did not like that the engineering head kept interjecting while I was speaking. He, again, was extremely condescending. At the end of the interview, he mentioned that I lacked a lot of experience, but he wanted to give me a contract-to-hire position to develop my skills and expected me to make a decision immediately. He brought up that if I can't meet his expectations as a contract worker, then he'd let me go and mentioned that he does not deal with incompetence. I told him that I had two late-stage interviews coming up and needed some more time to decide. He responded saying, "If you continue interviewing, then we will continue interviewing" and proceeded to guilt me into taking the offer. He said that the offer is non-negotiable and would not give me an offer letter until I let him know that I plan on joining. I really liked the team, but I did not want to work with a potential manager who treated interview candidates this way, so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

I told an interviewer that I had two late-stage interviews coming up and needed some more time to decide. He responded saying, "If you continue interviewing, then we will continue interviewing" and proceeded to guilt me into taking the offer. He said that the offer is non-negotiable and would not give me an offer letter until I let him know that I plan on joining. I really liked the team, but I did not want to work with a potential manager who treated interview candidates this way, so I declined the offer.