RingCentral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RingCentral (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter the same day I applied on line. He scheduled an interview next day with three local sales managers. When I arrived, no one knew why I was there. I waited about 30 minutes for the first one to be available to speak with me. The third one was out of town altogether.

Interview Questions

• How old I was and what were my hobbies. No professional questions were asked.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral (Belmont, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Email communication with the recruiter to schedule the interview was fine. 15 minutes past the interview start time I was still waiting in the lobby. Finally someone came to get me and took me to a meeting room where I waited for the recruiter.

He was late, talked to me about the wrong job and then hustled to take me to the hiring manager. Left me in the hiring managers office who was running late so I sat there waiting. This person was answering text messages and then took a call during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we should do to compete against Slack?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral (Belmont, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial call > second call then crickets. Then you follow up with them to find out how you did and you hear more crickets. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. RINGCENTRAL - HAVE THE DECENCY TO AT LEAST CALL A PERSON BACK OR EMAIL THEM AFTER TWO INTERVIEWS. Don't leave people in the dark on purpose.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral (Redwood City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me from Linkedin, set up an initial phone call interview. After that, there was a video call interview with the person who manages their enterprise customer success (which was canceled and rescheduled twice,) and then a video call panel interview after that with various team members.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in an environment of controlled chaos?   Answer Question

Customer Success Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RingCentral.

Interview

I was impressed at first how the recruiter found me on LinkedIn and set up an onsite interview with the VP. However, just a few days later they cancel the interview saying something that the lower end CSM roles needed to be filled first. Come on, lets be honest as my salary is too high and their range of 85K is certainly not fair market value with my years of experience. Maybe look at hiring new college grads instead... Very disappointed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process you implemented in your current role   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral (Belmont, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got call from recruiter. She was nice and asked all typical phone screen questions. Setup interview with hiring manager. It went well. Setup video conferencing interview with 3 others. They went OK. I connected well with 2 out of 3 interviewers. 3rd one seemed not interested in my profile.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiter call -> Hiring Manager call -> Onsite -> Unprofessional silence there after!

Positives: All members of interview panel came across very friendly, relaxed. It was especially noteworthy that everyone in the panel, which consisted of people from different departments spoke nicely about other teams. An indication of collaborative atmosphere.

Negatives: The interview style was very strange. It was like meeting a bunch of strangers in a coffee shop to generally chat about what have you been up to lately! No one asked any specific, objective question, something that requires one to take to white board or solve methodically. It was very conversational to the point it felt as if they were either not serious or they have already zeroed in on a candidate but went ahead with scheduled interviews anyway!
    At one point I asked the person interviewing what is he looking for, to which he listed few skill sets but from the conversation it was unclear how he would gather that.

The biggest issue in the process was their lack of professionalism in communicating with the candidate. After the final persons interview, I was left in the room waiting not knowing if I should just walk out or someone will come by, after waiting for a while I had to go and ask the last interviewer to show me the way.

After taking a day off and spending an entire day interviewing with 6-7 people, I did not even get a courtesy email to communicate the final decision or where they are in the hiring process or anything at all, even after following up multiple times. This is highly disrespectful to the candidate who made arrangements to come by and meet with the team. For a lot of reasons it may not workout between a candidate and a company but failing to drop at least a courtesy email communicating the outcome after a candidate has been called onsite reflects the poor culture.

Candidates, try to probe more closely on where they are in the hiring process and set clear expectations about timelines and process before you accept their interview. You don't want to waste your time on someone who do not show due professionalism in their handling of communication with candidates.

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral.

Interview

Lengthy, experience and personality based. One recruiter was disorganized but he was released, then it all felt very professional. The panel discussion was a little intense as I was grilled with odd questions about personality and software

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to get 5 dollars extra and hour. DIscussed my situation and potential offers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral in May 2016.

Interview

I applied from Linkedin, it has 2 rounds interview. 1st one is just going through the resume,pretty simple and basic. The second is the hiring manager interview you directly. All questions are easy, like a small conversation. Don't be nervous, everything is gonna be ok. The process is fast. It took about 2 weeks for the entire process.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RingCentral (San Mateo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Horrible - horrible- horrible. Interviewed starting in Jan - ending in April - Interviewed with 13 people - yes, you heard right - 13!!! I was told I'd be getting an offer, weeks later I was told the CFO wants to meet me. Met him (interesting interview; to say the least) - the CFO wanted me to meet with 2 more people whom I'd already interviewed with. Just seriously crazy and a true nightmare experience. Mgr called again to let me know they were working on an offer..a week later to call back that the head of recruiting won't sign the paperwork. I told him thank you, but no thank you. Your left hand is not talking to your right hand. So glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• none of the questions pertained really to my job   1 Answer