RingCentral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RingCentral (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First an email from recruiter 1 asking me to list my experience in a particular area. I was then told I would have a phone screen, but they neglected to say who with. When I asked for the name or role of the person I would talk to, I received no response.

Then a phone screen with recruiter 2. Typical questions. He ended the screen asking about salary range. It was at this point we realized I would be on the high end of what they were thinking of paying. He said he wanted to talk to the hiring manager and he would get back to me. And...he didn't.

A previous colleague of mine had made it to onsite interviews and deep into the process. When I got the call for the phone screen, I reached out to my friend to find out what happened. He didn't know. They never followed up even after he pinged them. I don't expect a follow up from a phone screen even though the recruiter said he would do it. But I do think that my friend should have received at least an email telling him they decided to keep looking.

Proposal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RingCentral (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Prior to applying, I spoke on the phone with the recruiter to get feedback on whether I would be a good fit for the role. It sounded great, I applied, and I interviewed with six individuals, through phone, video chat, and in person, because they wanted the whole team to like the person they were hiring. Each interview went very well, though the process was time consuming, until the final interview. The interviewer said he did not have direct experience with the role but wanted someone in the role to have more IT and B2B experience, which left me feeling disappointed. I later learned I did not get the job, based completely on the last person's feelings, even though he wasn't the hiring manager. I felt that the experience required for the position was not reflected in the job description or in my interview, and that the team was not on the same page about who they were looking for. At the end of the day, it was a huge waste of time.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

The reviews are very accurate. Interviewers have no idea what they interviewing for and process is misleading and a waste of time.
    I would stay away from this place. Very disappointing. Never heard back despite positive engagement from recruiter

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RingCentral in June 2017.

Interview

There is such a high turnover at this company that it took a long time for me to actually have the first round with the recruiter. Most of the recruiters seem to be contractors. Plus there's a revolving door in the product marketing team that completely changed the schedule when I ended up coming in to interview. I don't think I realized all of those realities as clear negatives as to why one would ever join this company. Definitely look at Glassdoor and the reviews before you even consider stepping foot into the interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They play a game of cat and mouse where the recruiter pretends to be your friend and negotiate for you but all they're doing is putting you on hold for they pretend that you won something and get back to you on the phone. A clear negative and trust and relationship building.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RingCentral (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview begins with the recruiter contacting you. This was followed up by two phone interviews with 2 different sales leads. This was followed up by a 3 hour interview of 6 different sales team members, and finally a 30 minute oral sales presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you are here?   1 Answer
    • You understand this is a crazy place to work?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RingCentral (Belmont, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process had been slow and it took a total of 2 months involving video calls with 5 people each for 45 min and of course a pre-screen talk with recruiter at the beginning.

Recruiter had always been diligent with follow ups and circling back with feedback but the team was not available on time (or) well planned enough to respond to the recruiter for the interview process - Slower responses taking more than 2 weeks time to get feedback, decide next steps and then schedule the video calls. Surprisingly, interview did not take place at all with Hiring Manager throughout and only involved the peer team members.

After close to 2 months of interview process, response became slower further and finally heard from the recruiter that the VP & upper management decided to hire out for the same position from a different country. Such decision should have been pro actively budgeted and taken before rather wasting candidate's time and affecting them emotionally.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Projects worked and why you want to quit the current company?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RingCentral (Belmont, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume. Heard from the recruiter. Talked to a panel. Everyone seemed very positive. While I was rejected for the job I wasn't given any tangible feedback except the hiring manager didn't like the language I used in my samples which was strange since everyone else, including her, was very complimentary about the content and presentation.

IT Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RingCentral.

Interview

I withdrew my candidacy after the most disconcerting and laughable experience I've personally experienced when interviewing. Several issues turned me off to the role in a big way; let's start small and work our way up.

1) The recruiter's practice of polluting the subject line (before the "RE:") in each and every email was frustrating, as that practice doesn't mate well with (what I'd call) modern-day email systems and conversation threading. Subject means subject, not summary.

2) The actual job posting on their web property had several problems--some nits to pick, but some evidence of actual shortsightedness as well.
    Anyone in IT should know that MAC is not the same as Mac.
    Grammar is sort of important, especially for a services team, and especially in a job post.
    Having a pop-up asking if I want to speak to a Product Specialist to sell me on the company's product might make sense on most parts of the web property, but certainly doesn't make sense when viewing information relating to careers at the company.

3) Ten messages into our conversation, I thought the recruiter ghosted on me. Then I receive a voicemail that basically asks me whether I've ghosted on the role. Yet, after ten (!!) messages via email, their (poorly configured?) Exchange (hosted? O365? unsure based on raw headers) infrastructure had been quarantining my messages.

The IT team then white-listed my domain (my own domain w/ mail from GSuite) and ensured my messages would be delivered to the recruiter. ...or not, as subsequent messages did not go through. This drained my faith in the department I'd potentially be joining, several times over.

4) A quick search of my potential boss turns up a YouTube video of him doing a demo for a RingCentral product--Glip--in the context of IT Project Management. The data in the screen-cast is in no way sanitized, and includes names of many people in the team, details of their work on specific projects, etc. I have my doubts that each person (employee) whose name appears in that video signed off, but regardless, doing a demo with un-sanitized data, including PII, feels as if it's irresponsible on the people-management front, and the data security front.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a difficult time finding a company who can pay you close to what you'd previously been making?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RingCentral (Belmont, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by 1 HR person for screen. Then another. Then spoke to hiring manager on the phone. Then spoke to another person on the phone. All seemed very positive to come in for another panel. Then it went silent and stayed silent. Attempts to contact HR went unanswered. I found this very strange and discourteous.

Interview Questions

• What job are you interviewing for again?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RingCentral.

Interview

Recruiter was great, but the process was not as tight as it should've been. 2 phone interviews, then brought in twice for interviews lasting about 4-5 hours each. There were 10 different people involved, some of whom were gratuitously thrown in and didn't even know why they were there. Everyone was pleasant otherwise during interviews so I didn't mind too much.

In the end, it didn't work out despite me being very clear what my dealbreakers were in the first phone screen. I was frustrated to have wasted my time when it was preventable.

Interview Questions

• No curveballs. Straight forward questions gauging personality/culture fit and capabilities. Some people were more aggressive with questions than others but all questions were fair.   Answer Question