RingCentral Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
RingCentral Founder, Chairman & CEO Vlad Shmunis
Vlad Shmunis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free breakfast and lunch, good snacks, and a nice gym and recreation area on campus (in 9 reviews)

• Work-life balance is good, people can generally work from home anytime (in 9 reviews)

1. "Marketing Director"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Definitive leader in the cloud collaboration and communications space. The vision, innovation, execution here is excellent, and our sales and marketing teams are top notch. All of this has reflected very positively on our growth rate and stock price (RingCentral grew at twice the rate of the industry last year.) The employee stock purchase plan is a great way to save and invest! Additional benefits are high quality breakfast and lunch, plus gym, yoga studio, and instructors for on-site fitness classes. All in all a wonderful place to work if you like fast pace! I've recommended RingCentral to a few colleagues because of everything described above.

Cons

For people who don't like fast paced environments that are fluid, this isn't the place for you. But for energetic, ambitious folks that thrive in an adrenalin - charged environment, this is a great place to be.

Advice to Management

Help develop the team by supporting more career path panning.

"Absolutely love working at RingCentral!"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, breakfast and lunch served every day, well-stocked kitchens, friendly and supportive coworkers & managers, INCREDIBLY flexible hours, get to WFH at least once a week, transparent management, great pay, and most importantly a GREAT work-life balance!

Cons

I'm a bit younger so sometimes I wish there were more people <25 years old that I can easily relate to. Otherwise, none.

Advice to Management

Please keep developing the talented people you have and treat them so well that they never want to leave!

"Great time to join Marketing - work under a world-class CMO"

Current Employee - Marketing Director
    Current Employee - Marketing Director

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are passionate, energetic, creative and like to drive strong results, the RingCentral marketing team is a great place to work. New CMO has been the best executive hire this year and has transformed the culture and vision of the organization. New focus on enterprise, new branding, new field marketing group, events, etc Other PROs w/ the company: Dynamic, fast-growth and innovative company and products, cloud communications leader with industry awards and accolades.

Cons

Don't work here if you are not prepared to bring your "A-game". RingCentral is a place for overachievers, not laggers. We pride ourselves on accountability, celebrate successes, and learn from failures. If you are not a high performer, you will not last very long.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in talent development and build career paths for your high achievers. Promote based on merit, not length of employment.

4. "Awesome Company - Great Time to Join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time

Pros

* Terrific Team
    * Awesome benefits - including 401(k) match, on-site gym, work-flexibility, delicious food and fro-yo
    * Fantastic culture and team work
    * Great vision and leadership

Cons

* Still growing fast...so too much to do, but good problems to have

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Fast growing company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Director in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

RingCentral is the clear leader in a large and fast-growing market. The company has great management and has built up an excellent team of smart, hard-working people to help take it to the next level. The culture is open, friendly, and collaborative. Everyone does their best to help and support one another. The compensation is competitive with stock grants, 401k matching, unlimited PTO, and great medical/dental options.

Cons

The fast growth requires a lot of flexibility as new teams and processes are developed. This can be frustrating for some, but also opens up opportunities to expand beyond your comfort zone and take on new skills.

Advice to Management

There's great momentum in listening to and acting on employee feedback, keep the communication channels open.

6. "Senior Analyst, Marketing"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment is challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding. Company growth is driving new and interesting projects that will yield valuable work experience for my career. My coworkers and managers are extremely knowledgeable and supportive of my success.

Headcount has grown incredibly since I began and I'm beginning to see a lot of migration to RingCentral from other renowned technology companies.

Upper management has a great grasp on all aspects of the business both internal and external which is seen in both our financial results as well as our benefits and culture.

Healthy breakfast and lunch provided daily.

Cons

The fast paced environment may not be for everyone! When I began a majority of my understanding and success was driven by interactions I created.

I'm on the younger end of department so relating to department coworkers is more difficult. However, as we grow I'm sure younger talent will be attracted by our success.

Advice to Management

Keep 3 steps ahead of competition, not 1.

"Awesome opportunity!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been with the company for about a year. Company is on a rocket ship and winning BIG. #1 spot in Gartner Magic Quadrant. #1 Market share and growing 2X faster than competitors. Revenue will double to $1B in 3 years...
     People at the company are smart, authentic, hard working, and accountable. Love it!
    Perks and benefits are the ones you'd expect at a modern cloud companies (free food, gym, 401K, game rooms, etc...)

Cons

With a high rate growth, some training and tools are lacking but the company is investing...

8. "High-Growth, Dynamic, Innovative company - Join the #1 Cloud Communications Leader!!!"

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leader, pure cloud, innovative products, stock is up 80% year over year, strong executive leadership, growth opportunities, free food, onsite gym. If you are ambitious, hard working, and like to deliver strong results, this is the place for you!! Marketing has gone through an incredibly strong and positive transformation under the leadership of the new CMO: Enterprise-class marketing/messaging, new Brand positioning, new CIO forums/engagements, and roadshows. New talent development programs from HR

Cons

Internal processes could be smoother and better structured. Promotions should be merit-based and performance-based, not based on length of employment

Advice to Management

Continue promoting strong talent based on merit and performance. Be open to new and creative ideas from your enterprise hires.

"RingCentral"

Current Employee - Senior Accounting Manager in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Accounting Manager in Belmont, CA

I have been working at RingCentral (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment
    Nice People
    Work life balance

Cons

system issues
    manual processes
    Favoritism for past employees

Advice to Management

automate the processes and improve the overall work culture

10. "Amazing company! Happy to make progress in hi-tech company!"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at RingCentral full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team;
    Salary;
    Benefits;
    Atmosphere;
    Always learn everything and tons of space to grow.

Cons

Can't say anything that I am not satisfied. Company gives me a lot and I do everything to help to progress.

Guys, I am reading all those comments and thinking, how can you complain on something that is not true? Try to wear management's shoes and then complain :) You probably never been working to really bad companies. I multiple companies behind to compare and I can say that RingCentral is just amazing company and moving to even brighter future.
    Great company!

Advice to Management

Like I said in my focal review, I would like to have practice of implementing new features not only from PM's perspective, but by voting.
    For example entire company gets 10 new feature ideas on email. And select the best one. (NOT ONLY DEVELOPERS, but accountants, designers and other people who are similar to regular RC/Glip users). And according to those votes features can be queued. That will help to build more USEFUL tools in our product.