Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.9

Associate Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very casual and I felt went poorly because the interviewing engineer was awkward. For the in-person interview it was 4 parts over 4 hours, in the same room. It started with the program manager who just wanted to get a feel for who I was and so on. The next three interviews were all the same into as to who I was and my experience and then it was all coding from there on. Each Interviewer asked several code questions, both C and C++.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to go through an array and return the number of even numbers.   1 Answer
    • Class structure: being able to use classes for both constructors and destructors.   Answer Question
    • Solve:

unsigned int ui8 = (40u-100);

where ui8 is 8 bits   1 Answer
    • Solve:
      char a=(0x04|0x0B&0x02|0x08);   1 Answer
    • Write a function to go through an array and count how many numbers are repeated and return this number.   2 Answers

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a few weeks from HR to conduct phone screen. From there I was invited to do a video interview, where you answer basic questions to a video camera. No a real person. I was then asked onsite to panel interview with 5 people.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

This interview experience is for the final round interview only.
    Very fun experience if you're not afraid of talking to people. Keep in mind that you're being interviewed from the time you step onto the campus until the time you leave.
    1. Flown out to Milwaukee headquarters.
    2. Received brief overview of training program and position.
    3. Intense Round Robin Interview schedule with stakeholders (every candidate did not interview the same people).
    4. Required to do a 20 minute presentation to a small audience (2-3 people) on different topics provided by the company.
    5. Group activity to analyze candidates' ability to work in a team (Details can not be disclosed).
    6. LUNCH PROVIDED! :)

Senior Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard hiring manager, HR manager and panel interview. Low pressure. They showed me the facility as well. 10 minutes self-introduction was required. They go through your resume and target the questions on your resume experience.

Electrical Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Lowell, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was phone screening and it wasn't so hard. Second round was onsite and I was interviewed by 5 ppl. Four different project leaders and hr. It took about 3 hrs. I would suggest a good night of sleep.

Production Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Tustin, CA).

Interview

First one was on the phone with HR. Second was on Skype with PCA lead, then P&IC manager. For the offer I got a call from the PCA lead and I started working within the following 3 weeks.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

first I had a 30-minute phone interview, then had a one-hour onsite interview, during which I gave a presentation about my research and work experience, they asked some detail about it, and I explained to them, and then I had a 30-minute tour about the work environment. And I asked some question about the internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The company provided a link that directs you to an online interview site. I got asked 7 questions with 3 mins maximum duration per question, and was given unlimited trials for each question.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite programming language? Your experience with the language?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (State College, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through University in February 2017 and was interviewed the following day. Did not hear back from them until May. I was interviewed by two people and thought it went very well. Was more disappointed they did not get back to me then not getting the internship.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with an ethical issue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Panel review was not very friendly I would not recommend this company to my friends nor would I work for this company again or have anything to do with this company and would never let anybody I know realistically recommend this to anyone