Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Commercial Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Columbia, MO).

Interview

Got the interview out of career services from my college. The first interview was on campus with the outside sales and inside sales supervisors. They seemed like very nice people and asked the usual HR questions... name a time when you had trouble working with people etc.. After the first round interview it took about a week for them to get back to me about a second round interview (also on campus) with their boss. He seemed like a nice person as well although a little uptight. Second round interview was essentially the same as the first with very similar questions, so I got the impression that it was just there to feel your personality out. The people that I interacted with though as a whole seemed a little uptight in my opinion almost like robots.

Interview Questions

• How do people describe you in a way you would agree with.... how do people describe you in a way you don't agree with and why.   1 Answer

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Euclid, OH).

Interview

There was no real interview process I was given the job because no one else wanted it started nights work my way up through the company. The manager I had was very good took me on a tour of the facility and inform me what they do introduce me to other managers and employees.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruited from Linkedin profile. I had a 20 minute initial phone screen discussing how my skills fit with the opening. Also discussed my preferences and potential career path and tools that I use and will need in their opening. Several days later I had a 45 minute phone screen with the hiring manager and we discussed what management style was motivating and some of my previous successes.

Interview Questions

• List success stories from previous position and how I can use those to help out in the new role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

This interview experience is for the final round interview only.
    Very fun experience if you're not afraid of talking to people. Keep in mind that you're being interviewed from the time you step onto the campus until the time you leave.
    1. Flown out to Milwaukee headquarters.
    2. Received brief overview of training program and position.
    3. Intense Round Robin Interview schedule with stakeholders (every candidate did not interview the same people).
    4. Required to do a 20 minute presentation to a small audience (2-3 people) on different topics provided by the company.
    5. Group activity to analyze candidates' ability to work in a team (Details can not be disclosed).
    6. LUNCH PROVIDED! :)

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Round Robin style, one day informative setup, one day interviews. We stayed in Milwaukee and visited the corporate headquarters. We had a social network hour where we got to know the interviewers that we would be meeting with the next day as well as some that we weren’t . The next day was an early one with 2 one-on-ones, a presentation, and a case study.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

Intense round robin, usually at headquarters in Milwaukee. Meet with various management from different business groups, most sales people. Part of our interview was a team group where you are watched by current employees and evaluated for your ability to work with a team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

2 day round-robin interview process. First day was a general overview with all of the other candidates about the direction of the company and an overview. Later we split into smaller groups for more specified details on the position and to ask questions. After that we were assigned into 4 person teams for engineering olympics which was a series of tasks to accomplish in 45 minutes and ranked on the outcome. Finally that day we had a networking event with upper management and alumni from the program. That second day was the actual interview which was panel style and about an hour long with an engineer, an HR representative, and a Vice President of the specific business unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and how did you react to that?   Answer Question
    • Are you extremely location flexible?   Answer Question
    • What are some examples of you specifically leading a team or a task? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging project you have worked on and how would you have approached it differently?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayfield Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, OH).

Interview

I applied online, afterwards I was asked to an interview. The interview was a panel interview that lasted 45 minutes where I answered questions about myself and why the position interested me.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you failed.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I got the e-mail to ask me for a interview after I take part in the code challenge
    No special question, all are normal like ' why u chose Rockwell?' or the salary you want
    I still not figure it out why my resume was been dropped

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied at my university's career fair. Received a call inviting me to a round robin interview event on site. Went through 6 interviews for different positions over 4 hours. Mostly behavioral and general technical background questions. Did not have to full on answer a technical coding question. Received an offer over the phone soon afterwards.