Rockwell Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rockwell Automation Interview Questions

Interviews at Rockwell Automation

2.9

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen and if you are chosen for an in-person interview, it is a panel interview and you will need to create a PowerPoint about yourself personal and work experience.

Interview Questions

• I was given an example of a problem with a product and asked to brainstorm as many ideas/solutions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

On Campus career fair. Was asked to have an on campus interview within the week. It was a 1-1 style interview, and they responded with results within a week.

Sales Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Apply while I was an intern. On-site 2 day interview process. First day was introductory stuff about the company and the program followed by a networking reception where you can talk to the people who will interview you the next day. The 2nd day consisted of 4 interviews: presentation, 2 behavioral, and a case study. All of the interviewers were very nice.

Engineer-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied for the Systems and Solutions Business (SSB) EIT position after going to a career fair at my university and signing up for an on-campus interview the next day. The first interview was positive with mostly behavioral questions and resume review. They are trying to see if you are a good fit for the company and align with their company morals. In the interview I was told I would hear back in 2 weeks if I would get a second interview and the Friday of then next week I was invited to the Round Robin Event in their headquarters.

The Round Robin event was a 2-day event with the first day acting more of an introduction to the company and the second day include 4 rounds of interviews. Although the second day may sound intense the interviews go by really fast. I had really nice interviewers asking mostly situational and behavioral questions. I really enjoyed the experience and recieved an offer by the end of the week.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2020.

Interview

I was offered an on-campus interview on the day following the career fair. The position was an internship program for engineer sales. I had spoken with Rockwell's representatives at previous fairs.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you have overcome a challenge?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Interview process was actually quick. I took a phone interview and they swiftly brought me onsite (flew me in). I met with the hiring manager and HR manager. They took me to lunch and also showed me the facility.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in December 2019.

Interview

Submitted resume online on Glassdoor.

Round 1.
    1 hour phone interview with recruiter. Questions on resume and experience. Hardest question: What was your biggest non technical challenge?

Round 2.
    1 hour phone screen with 2 engineers. Technical questions based on resume.

Job specific questions: How does XSS work? How does CSRF work? How do you prevent SQL injection? Angular v1 vs v2+? What’s a single page application?

Data structures & Algorithms: What do you know about arrays? Linked lists? Dynamic arrays? Hashmap vs hashset? Big O complexity?

Given a linked list, how do you detect if it’s a circular linked list? I was asked to provide a second solution after quickly solving it with the 2 pointer technique. I then provided a second solution with the interviewers help where we hash the current nodes memory address to find duplicates.

I was then asked to compare both solutions that I provided and pick the best one.

Given a bag of marbles, each marble is of a unique size except for one. How do you find the duplicate marble? I used a hashset to find it.

Round 3.
    3 hour On-site interview. 2:1 format.

1st interview was with 2 project technical leads.

Asked me resume specific questions.

How does CSRF work? Why do we need CSRF? What do you know about symmetric and asymmetric cryptography? Angular v1 vs v2+? Why do you not use c++?

Describe your role in your last project? What kind of work do you want to do (front end vs backend)?

2nd interview with a software tester and a software engineer.

How do you test software? What testing methodologies have you tried? What do you like about TDD (test driven development)? Describe the SDLC? Agile vs waterfall? What makes a good unit test? What is an integration test? What’s functional testing?

Have you ever wanted to change something already in production? What do you do when your rushed to deliver something and can’t deliver everything in time? Have you ever needed to accommodate a scope change in requirements?

C#/JavaScript specific questions.
    Why would JavaScript be easier to debug than c#? How does c# differ from JavaScript? What are the benefits of an interface in c#? How does inheritance work? Upcast vs downcast (inheritance)? What does use strict do in JavaScript? What is the prototype chain in JavaScript?

3rd round.

Interview with 2 managers. Including reporting manager.

Resume questions. Defend your experience on your resume. Why did you apply? What are your non negotiable work constraints? What things will you and will you not do? What kind of work do you want to do (front end vs backend)?

Ask us questions. I got a lot of time to ask them questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at an event at college. Phone interview a couple weeks later where they asked more about myself. There were no technical questions in the phone screening.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockwell Automation (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2019.

Interview

Very good. Had a total of four interviews at their headquarters in Milwaukee. It was a total of 3 interviews, each a different aspect of you. One was more technical, then situational, then behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Who is a leader that you admire and how do you try to aspire to be like them?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Interview

Got an interview from winning a hackathon. Was asked about the analysis I did during the hackathon as well questions on what I did in my past. Was also asked about basic resume questions.

Interview Questions

• Analysis done in the hackathon and asked about assumptions   1 Answer