Roehl Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Roehl Transport Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.1

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roehl Transport in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with an online form. From there it was a phone interview, and then a lot of emails back and forth. It took much longer than I thought it would. Several times the contact person changed, and it seemed someone was always on vacation, or out of the office for a week or two.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Louisville, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

Once I told them I had my CDL they offered me the job, assuming I passed the background check, and signed me up for orientation. That should have been a red flag.

Interview Questions

• You may be on the road longer than the agreed time. Do you understand that?   Answer Question

Driver Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy and actually fun. First there was a phone interview, then there was a digital interview on Hire Vue, then a face to face. I enjoyed the process, the people were great! I would recommend Roehl to anyone! They also have a job preview before you interview which I thought was awesome! Roehl seems to have a great company culture and are committed to growth!

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are behavioral based questions   1 Answer

I felt that the offer was competitive and benefits were also very competitive, but it was not enough to pull me from my current benefits and longevity at my current organization.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

short and sweet, He asked me a few questions and it was over. They didn't much care about anything. They just wanted another body behind the wheel. Their attitude is that if you screw up, they will just fire you later.

Driver Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Cartersville, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty quick and at my convenience, the interview questions were basically application style questions and character questions. I applied online and within a few hours was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I had the phone interview a few days later, and it lasted for around 30 minutes. Afterwards I was told I was cleared and sent an email with a qualification questionnaire to sign. By the next day I was contacted to set up my drug test and physical, and a date to start my CDL training.

OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application online and got a call within an hour. Phone interview scheduled at my convenience a few days later. Questions were general and mostly based on application topics.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI).

Interview

they will basically call you after you have submitted a application, or responded to a promotional event and start the process of determining what type, or level driver you are. then they will discuss various fleets and home-time opportunity with you to see what will work best for you. then schedule you in to one of they're facility's for a more extensive orientation / interview process.

OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. Applied online twice. 3 months later I recieves a phone call back. I had to aquire my med card and temps prior to schooling. They also performed and verified my work and criminal history. After being accepted, there was a 2 month waiting list to start their schooling. The process was very slow moving so I kept in constant contact and probably annoyed the helm out of them, but it was well worth it

Interview Questions

• Have you driven a semi truck before?   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roehl Transport in December 2014.

Interview

I just graduated from school, they brought me to a terminal, we was told we had 7 days with them before hired. 2 days later after being there, they gave us all an evaluation. Unfortunately I didn't pass because according to the instructor he said I hit the curb witch I didnt, he also said I used improper lane change and grinded a little bit. Which I did because I'm right out of school but I'm showing improvement , so they failed me , sent me home and I had to find my own way. Also told me I can call a recruitor and go to there school it will cost me and I would have to sign a 1 year contract

Leasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roehl Transport in December 2014.

Interview

Applied for job on-line. Received notice that if I was chosen for an interview, the first interview would be conducted digitally. About 3 weeks later, I received notice for this digital interview and I was given 3 days to perform this task. You need a computer (cell phone, iPad) that has a camera. I was given instructions on how to download the application. That was fairly easy. For some of the questions, a video of the HR person asked a question. You were given up to 30 seconds to start your recorded response. The response time allowed was between 2-3 minutes. There were about 13 questions in total. The entire process took about 45-60 minutes. It was similar to an initial phone screen interview, except it was recorded so others in their organization could watch it a later date.

Interview Questions

• This initial interview used rather generic type questions such as "tell me why you are the best candidate for this position". The questions were not terribly difficult. What I found as difficult was the 30 second timer. I seem to focus more on the timer than on developing the answer to the question. Also, my answers seem to always take less time than the time allowed to answer. Typically, an interview is a 2-way communication event. This interview was a 1-way event and felt un-natural.   Answer Question