Roehl Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2018

2.0

Over-the-Road Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

Interview

Basic Phone Screen and then they bring you into either there Marshfield, WI/Gary, IN or Atlanta, GA Terminals for a week of training both in the class room and in the truck. Feels a little like CDL school but it is worth it to screen out the bad drivers/backers. Pass a week of physical/drug screen/outside training on inspections, backing manuvers and a roadtrip you will be just fine. Just leave the floating of the gears at home.

Interview Questions

• They will do a background check on you... toughest part was actually just the final roadtest being that you have to drive their way. Like I said... don't float the gears and stay off any curbs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Oshkosh, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I got an email for the automated assistant to schedule the interview. I set the time, and waited.

5 minutes after the scheduled time, I had to call the hiring manager because he hadn't called me. He told me about his employment there, and asked me about my work history. That was the end of the "interview".

A few days I got the canned HR response saying they were pursuing more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history.   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Roehl Transport in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with an online form. From there it was a phone interview, and then a lot of emails back and forth. It took much longer than I thought it would. Several times the contact person changed, and it seemed someone was always on vacation, or out of the office for a week or two.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

short and sweet, He asked me a few questions and it was over. They didn't much care about anything. They just wanted another body behind the wheel. Their attitude is that if you screw up, they will just fire you later.

Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI) in July 2012.

Interview

You will first complete your very long online application. In about 3 days I had a phone call from a recruiter she informed me she would send me some paperwork to fill out and I had to send it back. THEY ARE NOT KIDDING ABOUT THE PAPERWORK. I had a stack of paperwork that took me hours to complete. They want every detail about your work experience and DETAILED explanations about unemployed time. Do not lie at all they do verify and if a place refuses to verify you will be faxing in your w-2's for them. By the end of your packet your eyes may bleed for how many times you wrote the same information over and over again. Once the recruiter receives it they will call you and figure out a date for you to start orientation, they will bus you to the hotel. NOTE if you are going to school their and you want to finance that is another form and your credit score must be high enough, if you are going to school you WILL have to pay for your lodging and you are fully responsible for your own transportation they will not take you to and from the yard that is only for experienced drivers. So you better make friends with someone who brought their car if you aren't driving there.

Interview Questions

• No interview questions, if your license and background check is clean you are almost guaranteed you will get in, they need drivers   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation it is a set pay scale depending on your experience and if you go dry van, reefer, or flat bed.

Roehl Transport Response

Oct 8, 2014 – Marketing & Communications Manager

The application process has changed quite a bit over the last 18 months. In 2013, We implemented a new website and a new and improved online application.

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roehl Transport in December 2014.

Interview

I just graduated from school, they brought me to a terminal, we was told we had 7 days with them before hired. 2 days later after being there, they gave us all an evaluation. Unfortunately I didn't pass because according to the instructor he said I hit the curb witch I didnt, he also said I used improper lane change and grinded a little bit. Which I did because I'm right out of school but I'm showing improvement , so they failed me , sent me home and I had to find my own way. Also told me I can call a recruitor and go to there school it will cost me and I would have to sign a 1 year contract

Leasing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Roehl Transport in December 2014.

Interview

Applied for job on-line. Received notice that if I was chosen for an interview, the first interview would be conducted digitally. About 3 weeks later, I received notice for this digital interview and I was given 3 days to perform this task. You need a computer (cell phone, iPad) that has a camera. I was given instructions on how to download the application. That was fairly easy. For some of the questions, a video of the HR person asked a question. You were given up to 30 seconds to start your recorded response. The response time allowed was between 2-3 minutes. There were about 13 questions in total. The entire process took about 45-60 minutes. It was similar to an initial phone screen interview, except it was recorded so others in their organization could watch it a later date.

Interview Questions

• This initial interview used rather generic type questions such as "tell me why you are the best candidate for this position". The questions were not terribly difficult. What I found as difficult was the 30 second timer. I seem to focus more on the timer than on developing the answer to the question. Also, my answers seem to always take less time than the time allowed to answer. Typically, an interview is a 2-way communication event. This interview was a 1-way event and felt un-natural.   Answer Question

Driver Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy and actually fun. First there was a phone interview, then there was a digital interview on Hire Vue, then a face to face. I enjoyed the process, the people were great! I would recommend Roehl to anyone! They also have a job preview before you interview which I thought was awesome! Roehl seems to have a great company culture and are committed to growth!

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are behavioral based questions   1 Answer

I felt that the offer was competitive and benefits were also very competitive, but it was not enough to pull me from my current benefits and longevity at my current organization.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Marshfield, WI).

Interview

they will basically call you after you have submitted a application, or responded to a promotional event and start the process of determining what type, or level driver you are. then they will discuss various fleets and home-time opportunity with you to see what will work best for you. then schedule you in to one of they're facility's for a more extensive orientation / interview process.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Roehl Transport (Louisville, KY) in March 2016.

Interview

Once I told them I had my CDL they offered me the job, assuming I passed the background check, and signed me up for orientation. That should have been a red flag.

Interview Questions

• You may be on the road longer than the agreed time. Do you understand that?   Answer Question