Room & Board Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Room & Board Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2018

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Room & Board (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

It was just the right speed. I feel I had the perfect amount of time to evaluate the organization and the people/partners I would be working closest with. My first conversation was with a recruiter. She then scheduled in person interviews for me. I met with people who I would be working along side and reporting to. It was a very comfortable interview process. I felt like I could be myself and each person I met with was inspiring. I knew I would be incredibly lucky to be offered a job here. I have worked retail since I was old enough to work and I knew that this would be a game changer for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite room in your home and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very pleased with the offer. I had been working in a very high pressure sales role that was commission based. I felt the offer was incredibly fair for my skills/experiences and what was even more important is I had work/life balance for the first time in my life which you cant put a value on. There was no negotiating.

Warehouse Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Room & Board.

Interview

Phone interview was maybe25 minutes and pleasant . Didn't feel uncomfortable like a lot of phone interviews do. It seems like a good company and work environment to be apart of.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Room & Board.

Interview

Absolutely ridiculous process, waited over 3 weeks for a phone interview, waited a week for an in person interview, and then I waited 2 more weeks to hear I didn’t get the job. I would not waste my time with this company. You could have a job with a much better company in a day or two

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Room & Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview process. They were professional. Ultimately no growth for upward movement.

SAP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden Valley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Room & Board (Golden Valley, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. I applied on the company website and conducted a phone interview about a week later. I was brought in for an in person interview with the hiring manager and HR manager. Pretty typical interview, HR Manager focused on behavioral questions while hiring manager focused on technical questions. The hiring manager asked a lot of repeat questions which kind of threw me off. Overall a typical experience.

Part Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Room & Board.

Interview

I was interviewed by four people, two of whom seemed a little artificial, the other two seemed genuine. The interview questions concerned how I would handle a customer's indecision and how I might advance them to a sale.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince an undecided customer to make a purchase?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Filled out a long online application. Was called by hiring recruiter and had a 20 minute phone interview. They want long term employees who are committed to having a career with the company. Very nice people.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Room & Board in June 2012.

Interview

10+ interviews that occurred over a timeframe of 3 weeks. Many folks from separate parts of the company. Very disjointed, not a great first impression. ONe of the folks forgot the meeting and didn't show up.

Interview Questions

• What about our guiding principles attracts you? Very pompous process. Lot's of speak around the guiding principles until you get hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation. They refuse to negotiate. Tells you a lot about your future employer......

Room & Board Response

Jul 12, 2016 – Manager

Our best candidates appreciate our thoughtful and thorough approach to the interview process to ensure that we have the right person in the right role. Similar to our product pricing strategy, when... More

Delivery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Room & Board in January 2013.

Interview

Multiple people interviewed me for a lengthy time frame. On the phone and in person, I got to tour the facility and meet some of my future coworkers. There was a fair amount of paperwork and I had a background check as well as a strength and drug test performed on me. It was the most rigorous interview I have ever done and the offer came a few days after meeting everyone.

Interview Questions

• What draws me to this line of work?
      Where was I working before and why did I choose to leave?
      What are my strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very brief yet friendly I started out at the regular salary and was happy with that. In hind sight may have been able to negotiate higher due to previous experience.

Delivery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Room & Board (Torrance, CA).

Interview

Interview with all three managers. Very easy, scripted and basic. No creativity involved basically they read generic questions from a management handbook. The managers have never done the job I was applying for so it was difficult to get a real feel for the duties.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Over the phone with HR rep.