Rooms To Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rooms To Go Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Relaxed, friendly. Felt I was talking to friends. Manager and regional were both involved in order to make sure they were making the right hire. Very positive experience. I could tell that more important than my selling abilities they wanted to be certain I would be a good fit for Rooms To Go and I respect that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the corporate office and they said my resume had been overlooked and they're hiring for a new location just opening and set up an interview with the older store. When I got there they didn't seem to know I was coming. An employee started the interview then the manager came in. Said they weren't hiring now but would keep me in mind if anything came up. 2 weeks later I saw a new posting looking for sales associates.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold furniture before.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Pearl River, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Called next day to set up an interview. Then sent to another state for second interview. You will wait sometimes up to an hour to be spoken to and they have no problem dragging you all over the store and making you wait on them 3-7 times in an interview to take calls, talk to people, use the bathroom, really anything they feel like.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make per hour   1 Answer

Document Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was a one on one interview. The questions were mainly about my experience. The interviewer did not seem interested in how I got to this point and did not ask about the gaps in my job history. No offer was made and I heard exactly nothing back, although I was told "we will be in touch". The job has since been reposted on their website. One thing I would say to interviewers is PLEASE follow up. We take the time (some of us take time off from work!) to come and interview with you, the least you could do is to let us know when we did not get the job instead of leaving us hanging.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience and told about the job and benefits. No salary was mentioned.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Lafayette, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

At first, I thought the interview process was going smooth. I had an interview scheduled and everything. While doing my research before going on interview, i came across other saying that they thought, just as I did, that they were going to interview for assistant manager position. It was not til there interview came up that they were told that Rooms To Go do not hire external managers and that it was really a sales spot that you are interviewing for. After seeing this, I proceeded to call the General Manager that i was suppose to interview and he confirmed what I had read. With that being said, unless you want a regular commission job, do not waste your time like i did preparing for the interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Nash, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position of Assistant Store Manager posted on Indeed for the Rivergate / Madison TN location.

Called about 1 week later and scheduled to meet with PERSON A. Went down to Brentwood and was led to a couch to sit down and have an interview and it lasted a little over 2 hours. He had my resume and we discussed the Store Manager position and my previous 15 years management experience and what I could bring to the table and what they were looking for in the position.

He said that I was the only person he had interviewed so far that he felt comfortable taking to his boss ( PERSON C). I left the store after 2 1/2 hours and received a call about 15 minutes later stating he wanted me to meet with PERSON B.

Drove up to Rivergate and sat down with PERSON B and that interview lasted a little over 1 hour, where we discussed prior management experience, how they were impressed by the qualifications and positions I had held etc. Talked in depth about the assistant store management position and what he was looking for.

The following day I was contacted via phone again that I needed to speak with PERSON C back at the Rivergate location a little over a week later.

Showed up for the interview and this guy was over 45 mins late to kick things off. Sat down with the PERSON A and PERSON C and literally within minutes he was pitching the idea about the great benefits of just being a retail associate, and how they got so much time off...made so much more money, didn't have to float between stores ( Rivergate, Brentwood, and soon Murfeesboro ). This interview ended after less than 15 mins on the final pitch about "What would you think about being a retail associate?"

Was told a decision would be made the following day and that if I received a call then I got the job, and if I didn't hear back by the next night, they were moving forward with someone else.

Called back the next day and was told " Congratulations, I was just calling to let you know we have decided to move forward with your employment with Rooms to Go, we would love to have you come aboard the Rivergate location as a Sales Associate,

..dead silence on my end...

"Now I know its not what we ever talked about previously"....

Told him that I do not think it would be in my best interest to accept that offer, and immediately started to ask why the deception.

Before I could even get 1 question out, he hung up on me.

I did some research following this, and it seems this is a tactic used at all Rooms to Go locations and its very deceitful and dishonest to waste any potential employees time with this foolishness. Stop bringing in career managers with 10-20+ years experience and subjecting them to 3 rounds of interviews to offer them a basic retail associate job.

The words PERSON 3 stressed in my 3rd interview was Trust and Honesty, Trust and Honesty is the core to Rooms to Go.

A word to you Rooms to Go.....If you value Trust and Honesty as much as it was stressed in my 3rd interview, Id suggest you look in the mirror and stop the lying and dishonesty that you perpetuate by being deceitful in the interview process. If you are hiring for a sales associate, then post those jobs and interview those people. Don't post management jobs with zero intention of hiring anyone just to try to con them into entry level positions.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? How well do you work with customers? Can you handle guest situations that arise on a timely basis?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

Simple. Random questions. Hired after a 10 minute sit down. Easy questions, simple where have you worked before, why are you applying here, what do you hope to learn, what do you bring to the table... etc.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with 2 phone screens with two levels of the department. Moved then to in person and met with department manager along with other company department managers as well for their quality opinions of myself.

Interview Questions

• What are 2 things about you your former employers would say about you and what are 2 things your former employer would say you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online got a call 2 days later, check in with the receptionist,The interview was easy got hired on the spot. yes there is a background check and you do have to take a drug test.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

I had to wait 30 minutes, thats usual, because its retail/sales. She asked me a couple questions and at the end, she shook my hand and said that i would receive an email in a couple days telling me if I got hired or not.