Rooms To Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rooms To Go Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

Filled out app online, received a call about two weeks later. Came in for interview, assistant manager interviewed and then office manager, they offered me the job after passing background and drug test

Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers and they were very pleasant and loved to talk about their company. My direct manager who interviewed with me told me that I would not directly be working with customers and that I would mostly be working an audit but that is definitely untrue. They told me my starting salary would be between $10-$11 per hour depending on my experience and ending up giving me $10.80 starting.

In my experience I have interviewed a few applicants myself and can say that management at all the stores in North Texas are very picky for such a low paying job. Typically they will call any person in for interviews that aren't total deadbeats and typically will either hire you within the week and have you starting in two weeks. I'd say 15% of people interviewed will actually be extended an offer but even then people will turn it down after hearing the low salary which doesn't really match the professionalism and skillset required.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Lakeland, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was very informal, I met on site with the warehouses main manager and had a chat about my relevant experience in a warehouse environment. He was friendly and told me a lot about himself and the company and it didn't bother me at all. My only real complaint is how long the company takes to get you into the actual job once you've accepted the offer and done your background and drug test. I'm still waiting after applying weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a warehouse environment before?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that would be relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (The Colony, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was interview at there hiring event, First interview was with the manager and assitant manager of one branch, then the second one was with the 2 same postions from another branch. After both interviews they asked which store i applied for or would prefer to be at and they talked it over between the four of them and told me which location that i would be working at. After that they sent me for my drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What techniques do you use to help customers?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Relaxed, friendly. Felt I was talking to friends. Manager and regional were both involved in order to make sure they were making the right hire. Very positive experience. I could tell that more important than my selling abilities they wanted to be certain I would be a good fit for Rooms To Go and I respect that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the corporate office and they said my resume had been overlooked and they're hiring for a new location just opening and set up an interview with the older store. When I got there they didn't seem to know I was coming. An employee started the interview then the manager came in. Said they weren't hiring now but would keep me in mind if anything came up. 2 weeks later I saw a new posting looking for sales associates.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold furniture before.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

There was one brief phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted about a half hour and then an hour interview in person with the VP of HR and the manager. It was a panel type feel in their corporate headquarters very formal!!

Interview Questions

• What's your toughest challenge in your current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pearl River, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Pearl River, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Called next day to set up an interview. Then sent to another state for second interview. You will wait sometimes up to an hour to be spoken to and they have no problem dragging you all over the store and making you wait on them 3-7 times in an interview to take calls, talk to people, use the bathroom, really anything they feel like.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make per hour   1 Answer

Document Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

This was a one on one interview. The questions were mainly about my experience. The interviewer did not seem interested in how I got to this point and did not ask about the gaps in my job history. No offer was made and I heard exactly nothing back, although I was told "we will be in touch". The job has since been reposted on their website. One thing I would say to interviewers is PLEASE follow up. We take the time (some of us take time off from work!) to come and interview with you, the least you could do is to let us know when we did not get the job instead of leaving us hanging.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience and told about the job and benefits. No salary was mentioned.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process with this company was a joke. I was kept waiting for 15 minutes past my schedule time even when I showed up 10 minutes before my interview to give them time to see me. The whole process seemed like they didn't want new blood in the business and a new perspective on how to sell. The youngest person I saw on staff was 30. I wouldn't go here if you are young and looking for an introduction to the sales industry.