Rooms To Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rooms To Go

2.2

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in July 2020.

Interview

Very relaxed interview, the gentleman I interviewed with was very friendly. Most questions were about getting to know me better as a person. He was also very informative about the job itself and what the company has to offer for its employees. Extended an offer at the end of the interview. Overall probably the best interview experience I have ever had anywhere.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Atlanta, GA) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. I was contacted by a recruiter and did a phone interview within a day of initial contact then I scheduled an in person interview within the same week. The in person interview was very laid back and I interviewed with who would be my direct supervisor and the VP of merchandise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rooms to Go?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Friendly interview with heads of different departments, along with a Skype interview asking about my experiences in marketing. Team asked about work I had done with previous companies. Rooms To Go was very good at responding to questions and emails about the internship position.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to learn from this internship?   1 Answer

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

Right off - your 10 - 20 yrs of experience? Irrelevant here. Not considered. You will be judged on the last 10 hours you've spent creating assets for them (for free). NOTHING ELSE.

I found this process utterly ABSURD.

How unethical is this behavior? What they told me was basically if you don’t do this work for free - we’re not even going to consider u for the position.

You're not being asked to show them a display ad you've designed. You're "asked" to Create close to TEN DISPLAY ADS - naturally, for an upcoming holiday FOR THEM. Don't tell me you're trying to see if I know how to use Photoshop. 20 yrs experience did I mention? Are there display ads in my book? Of course. They need to see.... 10? the sheer volume of what they want you to do!! - and its clear that if u don’t do this - ur not getting the job. That's what unethical about it.

NO OTHER FIELD does this. U don’t see lawyers, secretarys, waiters, cooks or accountants being FORCED to perform in order to be considered. It's absurd. How do they sleep at night and look at themselves in the mirror?

I just had the "interview" so who knows. The more I reflect on Rooms to Go the less I even want anything to do with these people. This isn't an interview its a thinly veiled way they compile a boatload of assets w/out ever paying the designers.

If this is the interview process what is it going to be like working there?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I received a call from Store Manager requesting an interview for the next day. The manager was friendly, and they carefully read over my resume before contacting me. I had an interview at the store location on the sales floor. The first interview went well. I was told during my first interview that they would contact the regional VP and recommend me for hire. I was set up a day later for a second interview with the regional VP. The second interview went as well as the first one. I was asked about my furniture and leadership background, college degrees, and what I was looking to get from a role with Rooms to Go. During the interview, I was asked what salary I was comfortable with. Later in the day (same day of the second interview), I was contacted back by the regional VP with an offer, and I accepted. Came in the next day to complete a background check and drug screening. The hiring process was fast and smooth. I saw a few reviews indicated that candidates that applied for store manager roles were offered a sales rep role during their interview process. This didn't happen to me. I was clear throughout both interviews that I was only looking for a leadership role and had no interest in a sales rep position.

Some advice for anyone interested in applying for store manager roles with Rooms To Go who have read reviews and have concerns that they will be offered a sales rep position instead:

*When applying online for a store manager role, DO NOT apply for sales rep role as a back up.
    *If contacted by a recruiter or hiring manager for an interview, verify that you are interviewing for a store manager position.
    *If you have any leadership experience or education in business and leadership, talk a lot about it during the interview. (If while being interviewed for a store manager role, you brag about how well you can sell thinking that this will give you an upper hand, it may backfire and convince the hiring manager that you may be better suited for a sales rep position.)
    *Store managers are sometimes involved in sales, but their role is not to sale. Sale reps are the ones who sell. Store managers lead the sales team.
    *During the interview process for a store manager role, prepare an explanation about your passion for leadership and management and provide examples of how you can add value to the organization and the sales team, if considered for the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Rooms To Go? (Do your research)
      Why do you want to work here?
      How many years of furniture industry experience do you have?
      Tell me a little about yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Dallas, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

There were several management positions posted on various job boards and on the Rooms To Go website. I applied for several locations that were in reasonable distance from my home. I was called and asked to go to one of the locations that was over 15 miles away. I drove 20 minutes to get there. I sat at the table with the manager and was immediately told the following: "So I see that you applied for assistant manager. We don't hire managers, we only hire sales people. So are you willing to do that?" As I have been a retail manager for 015 years, I explained politely that I was willing to do that and explained that I was not told this by the recruiter that called me - had that been the case, I would not have wasted "his" time. I feel that RTG is highly deceitful - I not only will not be working there, but I will not ever shop there again for this reason.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to start as a sales person?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very easy. Good sales in a 100% commission experience is a plus. Will hire from outside the industry if you are professional and well spoken. Have a professional resume and dress for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome a customer objection?   2 Answers

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

A phone interview followed by an in person interview (the next steps were three more interviews). I was told that the recruiter would contact me in one week but I never heard back from her. It was a very unprofessional process, especially having 5 interviews for an entry level position

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with benefits administration   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Went to a hiring event in New Orleans area. What a joke that was. 5 minutes and out. 1 guy was having a good interview. He got called away. Started over with a second guy. He started all over and was done in 3 minutes. Got the we will be in touch speech.

E-commerce Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Atlanta, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, then an in-person interview. They were going to bring me in for a second interview/writing assessment but that never happened.
    The in-person interview was painless and pretty quick. The person I met with seemed genuinely interested in me and my skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in so many words, which I thought was a good interview question.   Answer Question