Rooms To Go Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Relaxed, friendly. Felt I was talking to friends. Manager and regional were both involved in order to make sure they were making the right hire. Very positive experience. I could tell that more important than my selling abilities they wanted to be certain I would be a good fit for Rooms To Go and I respect that.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

There was one brief phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted about a half hour and then an hour interview in person with the VP of HR and the manager. It was a panel type feel in their corporate headquarters very formal!!

Interview Questions

• What's your toughest challenge in your current position?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nash, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Nash, TN) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position of Assistant Store Manager posted on Indeed for the Rivergate / Madison TN location.

Called about 1 week later and scheduled to meet with PERSON A. Went down to Brentwood and was led to a couch to sit down and have an interview and it lasted a little over 2 hours. He had my resume and we discussed the Store Manager position and my previous 15 years management experience and what I could bring to the table and what they were looking for in the position.

He said that I was the only person he had interviewed so far that he felt comfortable taking to his boss ( PERSON C). I left the store after 2 1/2 hours and received a call about 15 minutes later stating he wanted me to meet with PERSON B.

Drove up to Rivergate and sat down with PERSON B and that interview lasted a little over 1 hour, where we discussed prior management experience, how they were impressed by the qualifications and positions I had held etc. Talked in depth about the assistant store management position and what he was looking for.

The following day I was contacted via phone again that I needed to speak with PERSON C back at the Rivergate location a little over a week later.

Showed up for the interview and this guy was over 45 mins late to kick things off. Sat down with the PERSON A and PERSON C and literally within minutes he was pitching the idea about the great benefits of just being a retail associate, and how they got so much time off...made so much more money, didn't have to float between stores ( Rivergate, Brentwood, and soon Murfeesboro ). This interview ended after less than 15 mins on the final pitch about "What would you think about being a retail associate?"

Was told a decision would be made the following day and that if I received a call then I got the job, and if I didn't hear back by the next night, they were moving forward with someone else.

Called back the next day and was told " Congratulations, I was just calling to let you know we have decided to move forward with your employment with Rooms to Go, we would love to have you come aboard the Rivergate location as a Sales Associate,

..dead silence on my end...

"Now I know its not what we ever talked about previously"....

Told him that I do not think it would be in my best interest to accept that offer, and immediately started to ask why the deception.

Before I could even get 1 question out, he hung up on me.

I did some research following this, and it seems this is a tactic used at all Rooms to Go locations and its very deceitful and dishonest to waste any potential employees time with this foolishness. Stop bringing in career managers with 10-20+ years experience and subjecting them to 3 rounds of interviews to offer them a basic retail associate job.

The words PERSON 3 stressed in my 3rd interview was Trust and Honesty, Trust and Honesty is the core to Rooms to Go.

A word to you Rooms to Go.....If you value Trust and Honesty as much as it was stressed in my 3rd interview, Id suggest you look in the mirror and stop the lying and dishonesty that you perpetuate by being deceitful in the interview process. If you are hiring for a sales associate, then post those jobs and interview those people. Don't post management jobs with zero intention of hiring anyone just to try to con them into entry level positions.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table? How well do you work with customers? Can you handle guest situations that arise on a timely basis?   Answer Question

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Went through 3 phone screens and had an in person interview with the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. Both were very pleasant and informative. The interview was extensive in length and we basically discussed resume information and past work/internship experience. The most important aspect they seemed to be looking for was ability to work in a corporate environment and adapt to that quickly.

Interview Questions

Rooms To Go Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to comment and providing your feedback. We truly appreciate employee referrals and I'm glad the interviewing experience was a positive one.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Tampa, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Simple meeting with a middle manager. Mostly questions about my experience and family schedule. The process did not take long and they were very friendly. They were in desperate need of drivers, so I was a shoe in at the time. If they don't need drivers, it is very hard to get the interview time. It did take about two weeks to get things going, even though they were strapped for drivers. They definitely do everything legally and by the books (logs)! No need to run illegally.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to a night time schedule?   3 Answers

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Lakeland, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview itself was very informal, I met on site with the warehouses main manager and had a chat about my relevant experience in a warehouse environment. He was friendly and told me a lot about himself and the company and it didn't bother me at all. My only real complaint is how long the company takes to get you into the actual job once you've accepted the offer and done your background and drug test. I'm still waiting after applying weeks ago.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a warehouse environment before?   1 Answer
    • What skills do you have that would be relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Lakeland, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was trash. My second with Another manager was alot better. First interviewers thought I had ptsd because I didn't laugh at their jokes. I didn't think they were funny.
    Second interview went better, one on one and it was more about trying see how I would fit into the team as opposed to talking about how they couldn't get past meps.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Norcross, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

My interview was kind of like a bad cop good Cop situation.
    I was interviewed by 2 managers. The first one was polite but a no nonsense kind of guy, he got straight to the point, asked me questions, picked my mind a little and was hard to read.
    Then he left and switched me with another manager, this manager was hilarious and I guess he was there to get the humor , personality side of me . He made a lot of jokes -I'm assuming to see how friendly and good I am at taking jokes and he asked me about my self, my background , what kind of places I traveled and just made me feel comfortable.
    Then the no nonsense Manger came back in and told me then I got the job and what steps to take next.
    First interview I really enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• My work experience , why I left, what did I enjoy about working there, my qualities   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Got a call from a staffing company on behalf of rooms 2 go , had a second phone interview with a manager from the staffing agency.

Had to meet them in person at their office then they set up a interview date with the company which was 2 days out. Got a job offer at the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure your resume is correct, I had a type on mine.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in July 2009.

Interview

You will have your normal face to face asking questions like "what kind of computer do you use," "what are the layers of the OSI model," "do you know what ITIL is," in addition to biographical questions.

Interview Questions

• I was given two written tests. One for basic programming concepts and the other for networking. I aced the programming tests and was put in a track for a job as a developer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple hourly rate, then salary when transfer to programming or networking.

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rooms To Go (Seffner, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Got brought in and spoke to the manager in a conference room, she seemed very distracted and distant and cold.
    Asked basic questions about my resume and then asked if I could start the following Monday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate at all, take it or leave it for 13 a hour.