Rosetta Stone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rosetta Stone Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.8

Marketing/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

Interview

the top grade wasn't described to me. was a very long and unexpected journey. overall interview was smooth except top grade adventure. make sure you understand (google) what that is about.

Interview Questions

• tell me about y our life in high school (10+ years ago)   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

Interview

Generally the interview questions and interview process was as expected, but there were two things that were not what I would expect of a company like Rosetta Stone. First of all, the recruiter was extremely unorganized. He would just not respond to my emails and when he did, it would be much later than I would have expected. Also in the initial interview with him, he only asked me 2 questions and seemed to be in a rush to get it over with. Even with my questions, it lasted only 12 minutes. When he set up my interview with the hiring manager, he did not tell me anything about him or his role within the organization- and then of course was largely unresponsive to my emails.

The second part which threw me off a bit, is that in my in person interviews, I was meeting with 5 different people. As a woman in technology, I expect it to be a fairly male dominated world, but I was not expecting to have all 5 interviews with white males. I would have expected more from a company like Rosetta Stone to be a bit more progressive. It was a bit turn off and something that made me much more concerned about taking the job.

Enterprise & Education Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

Interview

Interview with managers and supervisor was great. It was long because they had an urgency for hiring people. But HR is super disorganized and don't care that you are waiting for a response. "HR, we are always waiting for your call on these cases, please just call, don't ask million times, if we have time or not... and never call back... " Very disappointed.

Sales Education Interview

Interview

disorganized hr, multiple back and forth emails seemed unprofessional, they need to consider using an online scheduling system rather than trying to figure out what works for me, etc, just seemed rather inefficient and caused me to question their level of sophistication if this process was so cumbersome right from the start

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The hiring process was very long and (too) many interviews considering the non-management position. I had 2 phones interviews, followed by 2 in-person interviews, and then they asked me to come back for another round of interviews with Directors. So yes, 6 interviews total!
    The HR person, after a week of silence gave me false hope when he sent an email on Friday asking if I was still interested in the position and how much they liked me, and then telling me on Monday that they offered the job to someone else.
    In addition, they contacted all my references and decided to not offer me the job...why do you bother people if you you don't plan on offering the job? In my opinion, you should only contact the references if you offer the job to the candidate.
    Other than that, people were quite friendly, and the interview questions had nothing too difficult.

Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone.

Interview

Long and complicated but it was worth it. The schedule for the different interviews was really complicated. It's OK if you are not working. Once you're accepted the process goes faster. The interviewers were adequate, polite and smart, down to earth. In general it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the ordinary. Questions were appropriate for the skill set they were looking for.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred to the company from a current employee. Application was done online, recieved a call to schedule an in-person interview 2 days later. Interview was conducted by the director and supervisor of the Order Entry department. Interview was quite long, about an hour, and very thorough. Lots of applicable questions to the job's responsibilities and how your past experience would relate/set you up for success in this position. After the interview concluded, I was able to ask any questions I had. I was then offered to observe an employee conducting the order entry process --- which I found was an excellent opprotunity to see what the position entailed in the envirnoment and to determine my ability to do well with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was sent an email which provided a link where I could accept or decline the offer. I imagine that is where you would be able to negotiate if desired. I did not try to negotiate, was happy with the offer and accepted.

User Experience Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by a former colleague, so my interview experience had a bit of an advantage. Having said that, I felt the interview process went well. I first had a screener with HR, and she put me in touch with another research and an interactive designer. Both of these went extremely well. Then I went to the UX Director interview about a week or so later. This also went very well. The questions weren't hard, he was very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• When is the best time to perform research in the design cycle?   1 Answer

Product Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then a three hour interview. I knew more than the tech people. I asked to sit with someone and i listened in on a few calls. Management seemed arrogant

Interview Questions

Got a really bad vibe from the place. Saw someone crying and overhead supervisors talking unprofessional about care agent.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rosetta Stone (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, each with at least two people on the panel. Some in person and some via teleconference. The panels tended to mix people who would be on that team as well as managers for other departments that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the biggest hurdles in a sustainable B2B business model and grand scale relationships with these clients.   Answer Question