Rubio's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rubio's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call like a week later. They gave me one interview with the manager and a new one the day after with the supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Vallejo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got my interview the same day I applied! Very professional and truly legit. I couldnt be happier with Glasasdoor. This was the only site that actually came through with an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Vallejo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process. I went in on taco tuesday with my dad to get tacos. While we were ordering, one of the leads asked if I needed a job. I said yeah, and she gave me the application and packet. I came into turn in the packet and then I was scheduled right away.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Expect to meet with a lot of people -- pretty much the entire marketing team -- over the course of the interview process. Everyone seemed very nice and dedicated to their jobs. Most of the questions were very straightforward. Asking about my current position and how it related to the position I was applying for. I liked what I learned about the company, definitely familiarize yourself with their existing campaigns as much as possible and just their product line in general. The only thing that concerned me about them was that I got the impression the company wasn't doing so hot. I think money was a concern and one of the employees told me that they hadn't given raises in 5 years. Kind or strange and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting current trend or current event in marketing over the past few months   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I came dressed in more casual clothing, only a long-sleeve collared shirt and black slacks (no tie or belt). The manager came out a couple minutes after I arrived and started the interview. There were about 10-15 medium to hard questions (more in-depth ones that require thought), and I was offered a job immediately after.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was fairly long. I initially applied for the position two to four weeks before I received a call from HR about the position. The process started with a phone screen from HR that asked basic questions about my resume. Afterwards, I was moved onto the first interview with two IT staff members; one of which would be the IT manager and my main contact for the rest of the hiring process. During the first interview, we went over my resume and it was their opportunity to find out a little of my education background and delved into details of my resume and work history. After the first interview, I was asked to take a personality test at the end of the week and was subsequently asked, after completion of the test, to come back the following week for a set of interviews.

The second set of interviews was the most interesting process I've had to date. I was set up with three sequential meetings with members of the IT department. The first was with the VP of IT, the second was with a group that consisted of a Tier 2 Tech, an IT Developer, and a Jr Systems Admin, and the last round was with a Systems Admin and a Tech Support Analyst. Within the second set of interviews, each group asked for more details about my resume and I had the opportunity to ask questions about the job position and their perspective of the workplace. In addition, they had the chance to feel out if I would be a fit for their culture and workplace.

Overall, I felt the interview process was pleasant and fairly simple to deal with. My only issue was the lack of communication after the group interviews. I was personally told that I would receive word back from them the next week and I never heard from them again. Of course, I attempted to contact them twice; the first attempt was at the end of the following week of my second visit, and the second was at the end of the second week. I didn't bother to follow up after that since the answer was apparent. This wasn't a unique experience in my job search, but I was expecting at least a rejection letter for the amount of time put in between myself and the people I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• "I see you were prone to leadership roles in group work, are you able to take the backseat when needed or do you need control? (sic)"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Record a video interview of yourself, with set questions. After review,
    Interview with a DM in store. DM Dressed very informal and late.
    DM took notes on resume, reading while i talked about my experience, with no
    eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with certain situations.
      Why Rubios.
      What are my goals.
      asked if i had questions for him.
      Took about 40 minutes .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Walk in, submit application, ask for manager, be yourself. Rubios is looking for energetic polished people. Reliability is appreciated and questions will be based on senerios and work history. Show up to the interview on time and ready to talk about yourself. Ask questions and research the company's website before the interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer, background, drug screen. No negotiating needed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Fullerton, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

The first contact was through email followed with a phone interview with the Head Recruiter. Because of graduate school, the Head Recruiter offer me a position as a shift leader. The second interview was with a General Manager at the actual restaurant. However, the Manager was not in the location so the Assistant Manager conducted the Interview. A third interviewed occurred at the same Rubio's location with the General Manager, this interview was similar to the second. A test was supposed to be emailed to me but it took weeks to receive it. After the completion of the online assessment I would wait for a call.

Interview Questions

The entire process to a lot of time; unfortunately I got another job offer while waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

One phone screen, one informal interview and one in-store observation. Good communication, process was faster than most companies. I met with the district manager who wound up being my boss. She was nice.... at first. I wore a suit when I met with her. She encouraged me to take my jacket off so I could be more comfortable. She was underdressed, as always.

Interview Questions

• Questions were more appropriate for hourly employees. Questions were repetitive and didn't focus on the things that you learned were important once you started. It was mostly situational customer service questions. Also about your work ethic since they do work you to death   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I thought the offer was pretty good and accepted without issue