Rubio's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.5

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Pleasant Hill, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I only finished one of the two part interview. The first one was over the phone, and I am going to my second interview tomorrow and meeting with the GM.

Interview Questions

• she asked me around 10 questions. She asked me to give example of a time I had to settle a dispute between co workers. A time I provided great customer service. What being a shift leader means to me. How do I organize and prepare for my shift and how do I identify which of my tasks to do first.   1 Answer

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants.

Interview

Met with the location manager who interviewed me for the shift lead position since I have previous restaurant management experience. It was fairly informal and he asked several behavioral based interview questions. It took about 30 minutes and then he got back to me with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What are three qualities you possess that will help you be successful in this role?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Rancho Cordova, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I came dressed in more casual clothing, only a long-sleeve collared shirt and black slacks (no tie or belt). The manager came out a couple minutes after I arrived and started the interview. There were about 10-15 medium to hard questions (more in-depth ones that require thought), and I was offered a job immediately after.

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Fullerton, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by the store manager and regional manager. Basic questions to determine attitude for work and to see if you could hold a friendly conversation. Also asked for experience. They were mainly looking for someone who wanted to stick around and do a good job.

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Lakewood, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Came in the restaurant, we sat at a table and I was asked some simple questions about my life and if I had any past experience. I was asked how I would handle a certain situation if it happened.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer if they were being rude/expressing anger with you.   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. There were 2 interviews, first was a shift leader asking basic questions and took about 15 minutes. The second was with the manager and took 10 minutes and asked about my schedule. Manager and shift leader were very easy going and nice.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you experienced 2 friends arguing and how did you or would you help the situation?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were faced with difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to lead a group/team   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Responded to an Indeed message. Sent in my resume and had an interview a week later. Discussed work experience/future plans in the store with District Manager, lasted about an hour and a half. DM was very friendly and engaging. Then spoke with Director of People Services a couple weeks later who was also lovely. Talked about experience and where I saw myself down the line. Last interview was shadowing a lunch shift followed with a casual conversation with District Manager. An offer was made about a week later. Although I rejected the offer for a competing offer, the entire experience was fantastic and the company seems to genuinely care about its people. I highly recommend sending in an application if you're in the market.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked a few questions, prepared me one of their famous fish tacos. Joked and laughed then hired. Filled out about an hour and a half of online paperwork through their payroll app called Dayforce.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call like a week later. They gave me one interview with the manager and a new one the day after with the supervisor.

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview, I was just asked about some stuff on my entry level high school resume. I was asked when I could come in for orientation at the end.