Rubio's Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rubio's Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later. There were 2 interviews, first was a shift leader asking basic questions and took about 15 minutes. The second was with the manager and took 10 minutes and asked about my schedule. Manager and shift leader were very easy going and nice.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you experienced 2 friends arguing and how did you or would you help the situation?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were faced with difficult situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time when you had to lead a group/team   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Responded to an Indeed message. Sent in my resume and had an interview a week later. Discussed work experience/future plans in the store with District Manager, lasted about an hour and a half. DM was very friendly and engaging. Then spoke with Director of People Services a couple weeks later who was also lovely. Talked about experience and where I saw myself down the line. Last interview was shadowing a lunch shift followed with a casual conversation with District Manager. An offer was made about a week later. Although I rejected the offer for a competing offer, the entire experience was fantastic and the company seems to genuinely care about its people. I highly recommend sending in an application if you're in the market.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked a few questions, prepared me one of their famous fish tacos. Joked and laughed then hired. Filled out about an hour and a half of online paperwork through their payroll app called Dayforce.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call like a week later. They gave me one interview with the manager and a new one the day after with the supervisor.

General Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick interview, I was just asked about some stuff on my entry level high school resume. I was asked when I could come in for orientation at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants.

Interview

Easy interview process, more like when could I start then an actual interview, manager was nice and friendly, it was an overall easy interview, as long as you are yourself and honest you should get it

Interview Questions

• When can you start?
      Have you worked in food before?
      How do you deal with guests?
      How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Record a video interview of yourself, with set questions. After review,
    Interview with a DM in store. DM Dressed very informal and late.
    DM took notes on resume, reading while i talked about my experience, with no
    eye contact.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with certain situations.
      Why Rubios.
      What are my goals.
      asked if i had questions for him.
      Took about 40 minutes .   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

The interview process took a lot longer than I would have expected. But they still hired me and brought me in the first day I was available to work. They take a long time with the interview process and have you interview with a lot of people because they really want to make sure that you're a good fit for the team and the team is a good fit for you! I really appreciate the time they took to ensure that I was the right person for the job because now several years later I really feel like I'm a part of the team and I feel like I belong here!

Interview Questions

• 1. What are your strengths
      2. What are your opportunities
      3. Why do you want to work here?
      4. Tell me about a time when you were late.
      5. Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation.
      6. What do you do when you've missed a deadline.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Henderson, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick, simple and easy. It is a two part interview One with a Shift Leader and one with the general manager. It takes place at the physical restaurant. Sometimes you can get both in the same day, most of the time they will ask you to come back a couple days later. Each interview is 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to lead a group/team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rubio's Restaurants (Henderson, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 interview process. The second interview was with the manager. They had a list of questions that they had to ask. It was pretty laid back. The first interview was about half an hour and the second about fifteen minutes. Everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/teacher. Where do you see yourself in five years? Are you better at working by yourself or in a team? Do you have any experience? How do you think this position helps the company? When was a time you had a good customer service experience at a restaurant or store?   Answer Question