SF State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process included an email to set up a phone conversation a few weeks after application.
    It was a 45 minute call with at least 3 people asking very typical questions about how to handle different situations. An invitation for an on campus interview came a while after through an email. I was asked to prepare a 5 page plan for outreach and a short (2 page) plan for another initiative. Parking was not hosted and it started a few minutes late. The conference room in which the interview was held was very messy and doubled as a storage room. The interview lasted about 2 hours. An offer was made a month after.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a busy schedule?   1 Answer

Audiovisual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

They had a panel of student managers who interviewed me around a table. They asked me about how I would approach different situations, both professional and personal (like having a problem with a fellow employee).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if you felt as though an employee were acting in a way that made you uncomfortable?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Interview

It was easy. You still need to be prepared for the interview and know the job description beforehand. It is better to do some research on general interview questions. They will ask couple of technical questions related to the position you are applying for .

Internship Interview

Interview

There was no interview. I was recommended by a professor and was then hired for the internship. I believe most internships in which you are recommended by a professor there will be no interview. It was a very easy process to be hired.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

More of behavioral questions. No math related questions. The senior staff is really good and asked me to describe my past experience of tutoring. It was a easy but I suggest they should have asked me some math questions. Apart from that, we had multiple rounds of answering on situation based questions. It tests you on every aspect of situation based scenario but no mathematical skills were into picture as said earlier.

Interview Questions

• How would you initiate the tutoring session once you meet the student?   Answer Question

Adjunct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied with CV and cover letter online. I heard back from the faculty within a few days and was invited to meet with them in person. I had a meeting with two faculty from the college where we discussed my experience and teaching philosophy. They told me when they would get back to me - within a few days - and requested that I provide more information for their records in the meantime. They contacted me by email with an offer a few days later and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions wouldn't be helpful for this job interview. I described my experience - lecturing, mentoring and research - my teaching philosophy and where my strengths lay, and they then described how they designed their course and department norms. It was a very comfortable discussion and they gave me a clear picture of the priorities of the school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The process takes months. There is to much paperwork to get done in order to get hired. You also have to submit an application in person with HR. At least this was the process in 2008. It seems that between HR, the hiring manager, your manager, and the unit supervisor there is no communication. The wait for an entry level job should not take more than a few weeks to have someone in place. This took months.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very simple. What is your strength/weakness? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

why you want this job, what policies you know about the job. you apply online, the department sets up an interview. it takes 3-4 weeks for the whole process before you are offered the awful salary.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SF State University.

Interview

I applied online through the school's website. I received an interview offer about a month later. The interview was conducted by a 3-person panel and took appoximately 30 minutes. There was a set of questions that the panel asked, and they wrote down my response as I spoke. There was time at the end of the interview for me to ask the panel questions.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SF State University (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly short as I got referred by a previous employee. I met with my supervisor and discussed my skills and experience. He asked me my availability times. It took 30 minutes to discuss my expectations and job duties.

Interview Questions

• What are my learning expectations?   1 Answer