SS&C Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SS&C Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.6

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

very easy, they lie all the time. They said SSC has very good work life balance. But the truth is you have to work over time without pay and even work during the weekend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C (Evansville, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall everyone involved in the interview process was very professional, from the phone pre screening interview, to the series of interviews by managers of different departments. The only negative I would have is the fact that the interviewee's dress requirements are much higher than the staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe the journal entries required for dividends declaration and dividend payout.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Cranford, NJ).

Interview

A joke... and at this point they will hire anyone that is willing to put up with all he garbage I listed in my review. Interviewed in 2012. Please enter 30 words.

Associate Interview

Interview

Quick phone screening followed by on-site interview where you meet one on one with several members. All pretty straight forward background and behavioral questions. People all seemed friendly and kept it casual for the most part.

Middle Office Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SS&C in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a 3 hour interview at the office. I met with a few different people and got contradictory information from all of them. I’m not sure they even knew what was going on there.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a brief call with HR initially after which she left for a vacation. I kept mailing her for the update and she never replied. Finally one day she said they are moving forward with other candidates.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SS&C (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

2 hour long interview, 1 hour with 2 people and another hour with 3 people. I did not originally apply for this job. I had applied for a finance related position while out of town but the position had been filled before I returned. The recruiter convinced me I would be perfect for the position because "they usually hire a finance person for the analytical skills needed. They have software that does the accounting stuff." In the middle of the second half of the interview, I wanted nothing more than to stand up and leave. The main interviewer kept turning my resume over as if more information would magically appear and chuckling to himself. He told me they wanted a someone with a degree in accounting and started recommending other departments to me. He actually asked how I had gotten the interview and started criticizing the recruiter and the recruiting process. I chalk this interview up as being the worst one I have ever had and I will never work for this company.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer started grilling me with accounting questions when I was mid-sentence answering another's question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Found the job through LinkedIn and applied online. Was contacted the next day and had a phone interview a few days after that. I went to their office for the second round and interviewed with a Senior Director and two Fund Managers. I received an offer 5 days after the interview. Interview was very laid back. Behavioral type questions mostly.

Investor Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SS&C (Evansville, IN).

Interview

Phone interview first, hour long interview with 2 people, a lot of waiting between interviewers, both went over my resume and asked very similar questions, described the position and an average day on the job

Interview Questions

• Went over resume and asked basic interview questions such as: describe a time when you had to overcome adversity   1 Answer

Loan Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call interview to talk about my background, the company culture and requirement for this position. The manager is nice and patient. He lets me know companies would have training program, but not everything would be assigned to you. You need to have flexibility and deal with multitasks.