SS&C Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

Loan Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call interview to talk about my background, the company culture and requirement for this position. The manager is nice and patient. He lets me know companies would have training program, but not everything would be assigned to you. You need to have flexibility and deal with multitasks.

Private Equity Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SS&C (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn InMail and mentioned that he viewed my profile and was impressed with my accomplishments and wishes to speak with me about a potential role that I could be a great fit for. We exchanged contact info and we set a time to talk later that week, and he sent me a copy of the job description. During the interview, he asked me about my current role and what do I know about the company, and he even asked me about my GPA and how I felt about it. The interview went okay, but I already knew that I was not going to get the job based on the reviews on glassdoor. He did asked me about my salary requirements and if I am willing to relocate or travel to Wall Street, NY, and after I answered, his tone changed. I asked him, what would be the next steps and he said that the process would take about a week and would forward my resume over to the hiring manager and if I do not hear back from him, to send him a quick message. Well, I never heard back and I did not bother to send him a quick follow up message.

CLO Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard process. Telephonic Interview with HR> Telephonic interview with two managers> In person interview with the same managers and one more> Telephonic interview with the manager in the UK.

The interview was pretty technical. Asked me all sorts of formulas for WARF, WAS, Diversity etc.

Investor Relations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

Brief phone screening, which then led to an in person interview scheduled for the next week. The interview was with 4 different people, all back to back. The first few people asked me to tell them about myself, and expand details on my resume. I wasn't aware I'd be interviewing with so many people, so I ran out of questions to ask by the time I got to the last manager.

There were no question asked about my qualifications, and in fact, when one manager was explaining to me the position duties and role details he said it was probably going to go right over my head because I had no direct experience in the field. I thought that was a little rude because I had a pretty clear idea of what he was talking about he just didn't ask me any questions to prove that I did. In sum, the interviews were all mostly just them talking about the job and me asking them questions about it. Low stress.

I didn't hear back from them for two weeks. When I finally did, it was from HR. They asked me to come in for a second interview. They made me re-fill out the job application paperwork and send it back to them which I thought was odd. When I went into the office, expecting it to be a follow up interview on the original position, I found myself speaking to a different employee who had no idea who I was and thought I was there for the first time for a new interview. I found out that I was now interviewing for the same role in a completely different team. I wish they told me that beforehand. It just caught me off guard a bit. I met with 4 different people. I had to re ask the same exact questions from my first interview because I hadn't prepared for a completely different set of interviewers for the same exact role. Why were they interviewing me again for the same role, no idea.

This time the questions were a bit harder. I was asked about my long term goals, if I could multitask and to give examples of when I had to use multitasking, I was asked if I've ever dealt with a conflict in any of my previous positions and how i resolved it, and I was asked if "I watched the game last night", and then asked about my hobbies. Finally, for my final interview, the VP came in to speak with me. She didn't ask about my qualifications, or details about my resume. She simply came in, asked if I had any questions and what I liked or disliked about the role and went from there. She then kept telling me that this job wouldn't be for me if I wasn't capable of working under a high stress, fast pace, unstructured, high stake position. I tired to explain that I've dealt with angry customers before in my previous retail jobs but she shut down my example by saying, if I think angry retail customers are bad, you don't truly know what an angry customer is. And she continued to try and scare me by saying if i couldn't handle this aspect of the job, it wasn't the right fit for me, or if i couldn't deal with such and such, then this job wasn't for me. I had a feeling that she just didn't want to hire me.

Overall, my interview process was a little frustrating. Everyone was pretty nice,and HR was very professional, but I was very annoyed with having to do the same exact interview twice. My advice, if you are interviewing here, be prepared to speak with multiple people and don't ask the first employee you meet all of the questions you had prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SS&C (Evansville, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, 4 interviews, they mostly seemed like they worked here because of the location, which is horribly located, they talked about how hard the position is and hours worked, and they talked greatly about the money, and benefits if that's the only thing your after.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experiences and your college coursework.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Evansville, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with someone just a year or two older then myself. Seemed wet behind the ears and very unprepared. Joined via phone conference with another person who asked only two questions that did not even pertain to my skills or the job I was applying for. Second interview was done with the same person who joined over the phone. It was nearly the same questions as the first interview just more prompt and to the point.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

Phone interview at first. On the same day, in-person interview is scheduled. Very efficient. Manager level interviewed me within the dept that I applied. very in-depth question, and some excel skill test.

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview with Human Resources. She called me right back and scheduled an in person within two days. I met with two teams of managers, one right after the other. The same day they began reference checks and I started about 10 days later. Very fast process!! Extremely organized!!

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and he told me about the company and the position. He then submitted my resume to the company and the wanted to meet with me. When I went on my interview the managers were really nice, they made it less uncomfortable. I only have one interview with the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with funds?
      How long have you been in the accounting field?
      Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

Overall pleasant and not too tough. Applied online, received phone interview and flew out to meet one on one for the in-person meeting. Nothing out of the ordinary and meet most of my expectations going into the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy negation on salary and time-off.