STMicroelectronics Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

STMicroelectronics Design Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I was college recruited. The process contains 50 question written exam followed by technical and HR interview.
After I cleared the written exam , with good score, in techincal interview I told them clearly that I am not very much comfortable in analog domain. They usually asked me the question which went wrong in written paper. The question were mostly related to RC circuits, VLSI digital design and few control system . the question were mostly to test your basic understanding of deisgn. I believe good MOS understanding should be there.

Interview Questions

• related to analog design which make me a bit uncomfortable   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation as it was my first job and college placement

Other Interview Reviews for STMicroelectronics

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics.

Interview

if you are fresher then written test (technical) and 2 or 3 technical interviews and 1HR.
    if you are experienced person directly technical interviews with manager and senior expert in that team plus HR and then if you select for position you get a offer..

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus Recruitment, telephonic round, followed by 4 more telephonic rounds and then finally the main offer.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Had a written test and then 3 rounds of face to face interviews. I was asked questions on all the aspects of digital design from RTL, synthesis and timing. The team I joined also had a full custom team so there were questions related to full custom designing.

Interview Questions

• Covered questions on digital design, timing precisely and the operation of ring oscillators.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

written test followed by 4-5 technical rounds + 1 HR round

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Greater Noida (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Written interview with technical ques on Digital, RLC, FF, and few apti question. After this, team will select you for interview according to your marks. There are normally 3 rounds of interview. and after HR. once you clear Technical one.. HR interview is a piece of cake.

1st tech. interview is taken by a average experience employee in a team
    2nd is by senior one
    3rd is the manager of team

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

I was an intern here at STMicroelectronics and was later given a contract to continue working under the employment of a 3rd party vendor. The compensation was pathetic so after a year I decided to apply for a permanent position at STMicroelectronics itself. Thus I directly went to the HR/ my manager and requested for the same. My interview was scheduled with other external candidates who were also competing with me for the position. I cleared the written test which was 2 hours long. The questions were objective as well as subjective. The subjective questions were very challenging. The questions were mainly based on electronics and mental ability. After the written test I was called for the interviews. There were a total of 4 interviews (one on one). The first interview was centered around the questions which I left unanswered or I did incorrectly in the written test. I was very happy to see the encouragement the interviewer gave me after I gave each answer. He also showed me the optimum approach in each case. This interview went along for 2 hours but I was very satisfied. On the second day the second and the third interviewers asked their own sets of questions and each took about 1 hour. I was very much impressed by the in depth knowledge and the interest they showed in technical stuff. The final interview was by the manager and he asked questions related to my internship and long term goals. Finally the HR took my details and asked other routine questions and summed up the process.

Interview Questions

• Why not opt for a company with better offer?   1 Answer

The compensation though marginally good was not upto my expectations. Also I got a job offer from a different company with a very lucrative offer. And since I had already spent 1.5 years working as a intern and a contractor in STMicroelectronics I felt its best to switch to a new one.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (Greater Noida (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

A day long interview. From 9:00 am to 7:30 pm. Very courteous and helpful throughout the interviews. A written test done to shortlist the candidates, followed by 4-5 technical and 1 HR interview. Technical interviews were challenging for a new graduate. Most of the questions were on CMOS logic, some of them on opamps.

Interview Questions

• A question on opamp phase margin and noise margin.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

The ST building is beautiful and makes a lasting impression.
    I was asked to wait in the lounge and was interviewed by two people. Both of them asked technical questions/puzzles. Most of the technical questions were of DS.
    Then I had one HR interview followed by an interview with the group head.

Interview Questions

• Five ways to find if an integer is even or odd in C.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at STMicroelectronics (New Delhi (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

3 1-1 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation as i was a fresher