Saama Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saama Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Saama Technologies

2.9

Sort:

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies in April 2012.

Interview

Simple questions

Negotiation

Could not negotiate much, it was a W2 position.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds of interview. 1 HR and 2 technical interviews. Mostly questions will be from your previous project experience and scenario based. Before giving interview think through the problems you faced in your previous projects.

Interview Questions

• How to remove the header from a file before loading a file into Hive table using Hive property?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

It was phone screen first and then 1:1 with hiring manager on phone. Technical interview was average. The last step was negotiations. Overall it was smooth process. The hiring manager cleared what would be expectations from me.

Interview Questions

• Some past experience questions.
      Some logic and technology related.   Answer Question

Jul 5, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Lead - Alok Goel

Thanks for reviewing Saama and our interview process. Our mission is to have a smooth interview and on-boarding experience for everyone. I am glad you had a smooth hiring process and looking forward... More

Consultant Interview

Interview

Unprofessional attitude, treats candidate as dirt

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Online Screening followed by Technical round and HR round

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three 20 minute interviews with different people from different departments. They tested on technical skills, as well as cognitive/behavior aspects as well. Overall, it was a very laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult decision you had to make, and how you made your decision.   Answer Question

Jan 31, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

fairly easy: straightforward questions about statistical knowledge -- wanted to know specifically what projects I had done in the past and what were the actual methods I used on those projects and some of the more mathematical details of those specific methods.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose random forest methodology?   1 Answer

Jul 5, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Lead - Alok Goel

Thanks for the review. We love it! I wish you have a great time working here at Saama Inc.

Hadoop Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process was typical of a smaller company. I had four to five interviews, and because I was out of state one of those interviews was over Skype. The technical interview was very much based off of my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about Nagios and exactly where you need to change the contact email.   Answer Question

Feb 5, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your feedback and wish you luck in your new adventure.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saama Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview of my life. Engineer missed first appointment (emailed hours later offering to do it at 11PM my time, 9PM his time, which I declined), then called Saturday morning after missing the second appointment (Friday) after sending no email or voicemail. The recruiter who scheduled the screen never replied to any of the messages I sent informing her of both missed appointments. It was clear to me they didn't respect me or their company's image. I ended the process there.

Jan 31, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your interview experience with Saama, and will be taking it into account to improve our recruiting process. We take this feedback very... More

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

Worst Interview process had 3 skype interview, people from India schedule your times,
    They have Developer job opening , and in the interview, they ask you Architect role question, when I ask at the end of the interview what role are you looking for? They said Lead developer,
    *Please stop wasting people's time
    *And do your homework before you take interviews
    *Talk internally what you looking for and what people apply for before interview
    *And be on time