Saama Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saama Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.9

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

Worst Interview process had 3 skype interview, people from India schedule your times,
    They have Developer job opening , and in the interview, they ask you Architect role question, when I ask at the end of the interview what role are you looking for? They said Lead developer,
    *Please stop wasting people's time
    *And do your homework before you take interviews
    *Talk internally what you looking for and what people apply for before interview
    *And be on time

Big Data Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initially got a call from a recruiter that there was interest by multiple hiring managers for my resume. Got set up to talk to one team, which the recruiting coordinator set up. I tried asking the recruiting coordinator about the teams that I was specifically interviewing for, but she said that she did not have access to that information, and that the initial recruiter must have set up these interviews only based on common interests between the team and my resume. The recruiter and I shared a couple laughs about this, and we still proceeded to the interview, where he said that I would be a good fit. Once we both agreed, there was an onsite interview with the hiring manager and three other development managers. It was scheduled back-to-back, 45 minutes each, one person at a time. They were informative, asked good questions, it felt relaxed and not difficult. I felt this reflects the culture of their workplace and am looking forward to working there. The recruiting team was always in touch with me throughout the process and kept me informed all the way from start till offer was issued.

Interview Questions

• 1. Theoretical programming question. 2. White board presentation. 3. Name a technical project that you owned where you did not know the technology and discuss how you brought yourself up to speed.   Answer Question

Hadoop Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round technical n it was phone screen
    Second one onsite with delivery head, cto, hr etc
    This roud was more of functional, leadership skills etc

Hive
     Serde to log files like log, double delimiter
    Partitioning n bucketing
    Internal external tables
    File formats

Map redice
     Joins

Etc

Interview Questions

• Hive
       Serde to log files like log, double delimiter
      Partitioning n bucketing
      Internal external tables
      File formats

Map redice
       Joins

Etc   Answer Question

Jun 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for the feedback on the interview. We are happy that you accepted the offer and had an encouraging comments about the recruitment process. Welcome to the family of Saama.

Pre-Sales Manager, Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I started the application process by being interviewed for a pre-sales manager. I had 1 phone interview, followed by 2 in person interviews each for 1 hour. After a silence of a few weeks, I heard back that they thought I'd be a good fit for another requirement they had recently created. I had a 30 min phone interview with the VP for the new requirement before being made an offer for project manager on the delivery/implementation team.

My hiring manager turned out to be one of my in person interviewers who found me a fit for a requirement he had on his team.

Interview Questions

• Describe the pre-sales process, my involvement and experience with pre-sales, my overall experience, my career goals and ambitions.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three 20 minute interviews with different people from different departments. They tested on technical skills, as well as cognitive/behavior aspects as well. Overall, it was a very laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult decision you had to make, and how you made your decision.   Answer Question

Jan 31, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

fairly easy: straightforward questions about statistical knowledge -- wanted to know specifically what projects I had done in the past and what were the actual methods I used on those projects and some of the more mathematical details of those specific methods.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose random forest methodology?   1 Answer

Jul 5, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Lead - Alok Goel

Thanks for the review. We love it! I wish you have a great time working here at Saama Inc.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

There will be 3 rounds of interview. 1 HR and 2 technical interviews. Mostly questions will be from your previous project experience and scenario based. Before giving interview think through the problems you faced in your previous projects.

Interview Questions

• How to remove the header from a file before loading a file into Hive table using Hive property?   1 Answer

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Saama Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview of my life. Engineer missed first appointment (emailed hours later offering to do it at 11PM my time, 9PM his time, which I declined), then called Saturday morning after missing the second appointment (Friday) after sending no email or voicemail. The recruiter who scheduled the screen never replied to any of the messages I sent informing her of both missed appointments. It was clear to me they didn't respect me or their company's image. I ended the process there.

Jan 31, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on your interview experience with Saama, and will be taking it into account to improve our recruiting process. We take this feedback very... More

Hadoop Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

The hiring process was typical of a smaller company. I had four to five interviews, and because I was out of state one of those interviews was over Skype. The technical interview was very much based off of my previous experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about Nagios and exactly where you need to change the contact email.   Answer Question

Feb 5, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your feedback and wish you luck in your new adventure.

Lead Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was good. Interviewer was very knowledgeable and I was interviewed by CTO of the company. Asked about the work I was doing in the Hadoop area and asked good and quality technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the project that you recently implemented in Production,   Answer Question

Jan 27, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter

Thank you for reviewing Saama Inc. We always appreciate the feedback and our C-Level executives shows equal interest in our hiring process..