Saama Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Saama Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Saama Technologies

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview and then an in-person interview. The first panel was with senior management folks, who asked questions like "can you tell us about your professional history?" and "what are some projects you've done?". They told me there would be no technical questions when I spoke with their recruiter over the phone, but the second panel was with some of their higher level developers and they asked you to write SQL queries and to sort an array.

Interview Questions

• Given this table here, can you find us how many X were shipped from Y,Z stores in this hemisphere?   Answer Question

NCG - Java/Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

Applied through college job board. Was contacted for an initial phone interview followed by a quick online technical exam.

Invited to an onsite interview with two sessions. The first 45 minute session was meant to discover what background and personality I had and if I was a good fit. The second 45 minute session was a standard technical interview with sorting algorithm and sql questions

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Interview

This was just a phone interview. The recruiter would not let me get a word in and he spoke over me with a very thick accent and sounded far away. He was too aggressive, tried to bully me into taking a huge pay cut and agree to it. It was one sided for sure. When I declined he sounded insulted.

NCG Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter over linkedIn. Interviewed 2 times over video call, 1 face to face, and hired. The total process took over 4 weeks. The whole process was good, recruiter kept me updated on the process and progress throughout different interview phases.

NCG Interview

Application

Interview

I was contact on LinkedIn then had a phone screening with the recruiter. After a few weeks I had a 1:1 interview with an engineer. It was just basic sql and python questions.

Data Scientist/New College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Horrible HR. He would say he would call back in 5 minutes and hours later he still didn't call back. Interviews themselves were nice.Prescreening, talked with the CTO, and then an onsite interview, interviewing with the head of the AI department and the head of the Insurance department individually. I was then given a take home assignment to turn in after a few days. After 3 months of no response, 3 months later I was told I was going to be hired. Then suddenly they said they will push it 1 month forward, "on April 1st". And then suddenly they call me last minute to come meet with the head of the Insurance that day,saying I should uber there and they will pay me back. This guy gives me an interview strangely. After that I get no details about when my exact start date is; HR keeps dodging my calls and makes excuses. When April finally starts, HR head tells me that they will give me my offer letter "tomorrow" and they're setting up my laptop and etc. A week passes by and he makes the same excuse. So at that point I realize they're not interested, so I stopped contact with them. And they never contacted me again. They could have told me they weren't interested instead of stringing me along for 2+ months telling me I was hired. On top of that, they never paid me back for the Uber ride they made me take and promised to pay back. So overall a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• What is generalization, questions about data analysis, questions about the differences between ML algorithms,what the applications are clustering.   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Lead - Alok Goel

Thank you for your time and for writing this feedback. This is certainly not the impression or treatment that we wish to give any candidate. We value your time and the effort put forth through the interview process. We do not take such issues lightly and as a process, we carried out a complete reconciliation of recruitment dues. We found only one such pending reimbursement and for which we have mailed the reimbursement to the last confirmed physical address. Feedback is always welcomed and we thank you for the same as we can implement for further improvement. Please reach out at any time to hcm-us@saama.com if you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns we can help to answer.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies.

Interview

Worst Interview process had 3 skype interview, people from India schedule your times,
    They have Developer job opening , and in the interview, they ask you Architect role question, when I ask at the end of the interview what role are you looking for? They said Lead developer,
    *Please stop wasting people's time
    *And do your homework before you take interviews
    *Talk internally what you looking for and what people apply for before interview
    *And be on time

Big Data Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initially got a call from a recruiter that there was interest by multiple hiring managers for my resume. Got set up to talk to one team, which the recruiting coordinator set up. I tried asking the recruiting coordinator about the teams that I was specifically interviewing for, but she said that she did not have access to that information, and that the initial recruiter must have set up these interviews only based on common interests between the team and my resume. The recruiter and I shared a couple laughs about this, and we still proceeded to the interview, where he said that I would be a good fit. Once we both agreed, there was an onsite interview with the hiring manager and three other development managers. It was scheduled back-to-back, 45 minutes each, one person at a time. They were informative, asked good questions, it felt relaxed and not difficult. I felt this reflects the culture of their workplace and am looking forward to working there. The recruiting team was always in touch with me throughout the process and kept me informed all the way from start till offer was issued.

Interview Questions

• 1. Theoretical programming question. 2. White board presentation. 3. Name a technical project that you owned where you did not know the technology and discuss how you brought yourself up to speed.   Answer Question

Hadoop Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First round technical n it was phone screen
    Second one onsite with delivery head, cto, hr etc
    This roud was more of functional, leadership skills etc

Hive
     Serde to log files like log, double delimiter
    Partitioning n bucketing
    Internal external tables
    File formats

Map redice
     Joins

Etc

Interview Questions

• Hive
       Serde to log files like log, double delimiter
      Partitioning n bucketing
      Internal external tables
      File formats

Map redice
       Joins

Etc   Answer Question

Jun 29, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Lead

Thanks for the feedback on the interview. We are happy that you accepted the offer and had an encouraging comments about the recruitment process. Welcome to the family of Saama.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Saama Technologies (Campbell, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three 20 minute interviews with different people from different departments. They tested on technical skills, as well as cognitive/behavior aspects as well. Overall, it was a very laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a difficult decision you had to make, and how you made your decision.   Answer Question

Jan 31, 2016 – Sr Technical Recruiter ~ Alok Goel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated.