Sabre Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sabre (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a hivevue interview invitation. The online interview consist of you talking to a webcam and answering some 8 behavioral questions. Most are common with the first one being why Sabre. Note that they did not talk about what the the position is so idk why I should work for them.

I applied for the c++ internship position. After the behavioral, I was given 8 multiple choice based JAVA QUESTIONS. Lucky I knew java but like why....

The last section is thankfully c++. Extremely easy questions but they force you to parse the input yourself. Wasn’t hard but I spend more time parsing it than solving the actual questions. The questions were as simple as finding the missing digit and computing the distance between two points. I got all of the questions and their respective test cases correct. They weren’t hard at all.

No follow up emails. No rejection emails. I had to email a generic recruiting email and no response. I send a message to a Sabre executive and HE RESPONDED but asked me to email another generic email. Sent that email and still no response.

I am terribly disappointed in such a big company messing all of this up. If I’m not good enough then please send a rejection email.... truly pathetic. Do NOT apply to this company. Not worth wasting two hours of your time interviewing for them.

Other Interview Reviews for Sabre

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

The interview process was hectic. About 6 video interviews, written assessment and Coding questions. The video interviews were about 2 minutes of recording and they asked questions like 'Why Sabre'

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find the square of a number and display the result on the screen   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

All through online. You have a video camera basically recording everything.
    It's very long process, and three coding questions after the behavioral.
    Make sure you know your stuff. Don't google anything. Be sure you have a stable connection and a LOT of time at the time on your hands so you don't mess up the interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX).

Interview

I had 2 technical interviews, first with a random architect, he was awesome, cover a very well range of topics about general front end and some back end theory. He sometime correct the smallest detail of my answer, he is a very smart guy.

Second with a future team member, he has a strong middle east accent, I tried to explain the complexity of my solution, but he seems doesn't understand what big(o) is. tried to explain performance issues, but he didn't care... used closure for factory to create auto-increment ids he said not to use closure... most questions are poorly asked or being too vague.

zero questions about promises, prototype, inheritance, closure, angular...

Really don't know what kind of team to expect...

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sabre in March 2016.

Interview

It was a Digital interview on HireVue. It felt weird recording my answers but the questions were very basic like why do you want to work here, why Sabre, what do you expect from this internship.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an intern at Sabre?   Answer Question
    • Talk to us about a time in the last few years where you have been successful at something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sabre (Southlake, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for this job on the career fair, and then after one month, they called me ask whether I could take a phone interview, and then after just one phone interview, I got this internship

Interview Questions

• what languages I familiar with? tell me a project that you have done   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sabre.

Interview

I got Interview Email from recruiter after i gave my resume in college career fair. I had positive response during career fair and i was looking forward to get one such opportunity. At career fair they explained me clearly the position and responsibilities. I has first round of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are equals and hashcode implemented ?
      2. What are immutable classes in java?
      3. What is implicit conversion in Java?
      4. What are different notations for analysis of algorithms? and differences between them
      5. They asked me to explain all my projects   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sabre in October 2017.

Interview

Campus Interview- Consisted of easy quiz. Round 1- OS questions, Computer Networks, and DBMS. All easy questions with live coding( they are only interested if you get the output, they don't care about logic etc., for the given problem show them the output else you wont go through the following rounds. Round 2,3 consisted of the same, but more in detail about concepts and tougher codes.

Interview Questions

• be clear in concepts, whatever you say. They'll drill you further with each answer, if you are someone who has just memorized without knowing what is what, and why, it would be tough.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sabre (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial written test (Quant, C, DSA), then one technical interview and one HR interview

Interview Questions

• Write a code using a Trie data structure to form trees of strings.
      The two candles puzzle (two candles - length unknown but both burn down in 1 hour. How do you measure 45 minutes using them)   Answer Question

I decided to join a start up as the idea seemed exciting

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sabre (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2009.

Interview

Uploaded resume
    Got interview call ITPL
    1st round written 1 hr , 60 Questions cut off depending on no of people.
    2nd round technical
    3rd round about ur previous experience , projects.
    4th puzzle , problem solving skills.
    5th HR

Negotiation

I did not negotiate , i got substantial hike. The company pays well ask as much as u can in HR round