Sabre Reviews | Glassdoor

Sean Menke

1. "Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Account Director in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong portfolio, knowledgeable employees, continuous investment in portfolio and strong balance sheet.

Cons

Competitors are catching up and/or securing market share in North America. Talent retention has become an issue.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the people, determine method to retain talent and continue to invest in the portfolio to maintain the market leader position across the portfolio.

2. "People and culture- not the same thing"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at this company are mostly really great to work with. You are expected to use your brain, voice your opinions (especially if they include a solution) and figure things out. There are a lot of really bright people who really care about their peers. A lot of people have both good leaders and advancement opportunities at this company.

Cons

Culture has shifted from leading with trust to leading with mistrust. A formerly relaxed environment has turned a little tense where people are not getting promoted unless they move to Dallas and many are pressured into coming into the office,. There are a few bad apples in leadership because they "show up" and tell their bosses what they want to hear, instead of having the tough, honest conversations. There are a some unrealistic expectations on the amount of work that can be completed with the level of talent and capacity.

Advice to Management

Don't pretend to be a "tech company" but abandon what makes tech fun: flexible working hours and fun when you are in the office. Stop promoting by proximity, instead choose the best candidate. Be willing to pay market rate for talent and staff appropriately.

3. "Untrained Managers - Frequent Layoffs"

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good environment, excellent technical personal. Good benefits and very competitive salary..

Cons

Bad administration, inexperienced managers. Frequently layoffs. Managers prefer to dismiss than relocate experienced employees. Employees cannot dispute when they are poorly evaluated, even when there is sufficient evidence of good work throughout the year. Is all up to the inexperienced managers.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to technical people, and attempt to reallocate talents. Managers need to be trained. Give chance for employees proves their performaces instead of leaving upon inexperienced managers discretions.

"It really depends on the group that you work for ..."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It really depends on which group you work for and who your manager is . The group that I worked for had a great family environment for a long time ...

Cons

... but things started changing once ownership changed , and it went downhill from there . Plus my manager wasn't very cooperative and it got to the point where I didn't enjoy my time anymore .

"Management is not good"

Former Employee - Estimate Coordinator in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Estimate Coordinator in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre (More than 10 years)

Pros

They were flexible with me when I needed to have something done to my house or with my kids.

Cons

Sabre doesn't seem to train most management very well. I was there 20 years and I had 17 managers. Out of those 17 I can only say that two were good. The rest only know how to please their superiors and didn't seem to know what to do with everyone that reported to them.

Advice to Management

Train your managers better.

"Sabre needs to take a good look at themselves"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, including your managers, your colleagues and those that work for you. Everyone works hard and is passionate, despite the constant rumors

Cons

Sabre cannot seem to get it right. They get into a periodic cycle of layoff/hire/layoff mode. We ramp up and down without a full understanding of the outside market. Revenue targets have been missed in 2016 and will be missed this year so they had to cut the full time employee population. In 2016, they got rid of most of the contractors but in January, since they did not have contractors to cut, many very good employees lost their jobs. The new CEO is gutting the employee base. I imagine there will be more hiring later this year and into 2018. Later, rinse, repeat.

Advice to Management

Sabre's reputation is at stake. They have great products. Sabre is losing their long time domain experts. New blood is not always the answer. It does not replace the deep knowledge. Try to get it right at the beginning so you don't have to be in the perceptual cycle.

8. "Nice Company"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sabre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy life, good benefits.

Cons

No vision, layoff's, not great stability. they can ask you any time to leave the company because of budget issue.

Advice to Management

Please take care of skill workers.

"Too many layoffs"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, nice office environment, flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Frequent layoffs in recent years have caused company to lose valuable product knowledge

Advice to Management

Stop laying off valuable contributors!

"Run Away!! - JOBS MOVING TO INDIA"

Former Employee - Systems Owner in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Owner in Southlake, TX

I worked at Sabre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The facility is awesome.

Cons

They treat their employees like disposable resources. They layoff all the time. The upper-management does not know what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Stop with the layoffs! You can’t get the company moving in the right direction. Once AA leaves Sabre you’re screwed.

11. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

I have been working at Sabre full-time

Pros

Good people, challenging work,

Cons

Remote work depends on manager