Safeco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.8

Field Auto Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeco (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview. They tell you they're scheduling this week and to provide your availability for the next few days along with your phone number, only to tell you that the interviewer is not available any of those days or time indicated? Eventually, they called me (15 minutes late) and the Safeco lady sounded like she was in a rush and even admitted to being aware that she's talking fast. I'm trying to make an important move in my career and this lady is either in a rush to go to lunch, in a rush to catch up to her calling schedule or wants to make sure she goes home early that day, I don't know. She explained the job duties and asked me a few basic questions like salary expectations, am I willing to work in risky neighborhoods, why do I want to work as an adjuster, and then followed by two useless behavioral questions. She said "I'm know I'm talking fast, do you need me to repeat the question?" then, as I was giving her my story she kept interrupting me like what I was saying wasn't clear enough for her.

In conclusion, she tells me that they will let me know the answer once they finish interviewing all the candidates. That was a month ago. I guess being licensed and having years of experience as an auto damage adjuster doesn't help you in moving to the next step in a "PHONE" interview because your story telling skills are not sharp enough.

Safeco, whether it's a YES or NO at least give the candidates the courtesy of an update. It's not too much to ask.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell a customer some really bad news....

Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer...   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Safeco (Fairfield, OH).

Interview

A phone interview followed by a three person interview and a shadow in a 3-4 hour span. The shadow was very helpful as it allowed me to see what a normal day looked like. Once the interview is complete, they try to let people know their decision as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational questions.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeco (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

First you complete an online assessment that tests your skills in multi-tasking in things that you would do in the position such as answering emails, phone calls, documents, etc. Then if you pass you get a phone interview. If they think you are a good fit then you are set for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• insurance related, personality based, situational   1 Answer

Inside Property Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeco (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by HR that was a simple thirty minute behavioral based interview. I had a follow up interview from the hiring manager in Colorado a week later. I also discussed the role with another manager but was not a hiring manager for the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince someone of something?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Safeco in January 2016.

Interview

Online application and skills test
    Phone interview with general questions
    Face-to-face interview with customer service related questions. Went out to the floor to observe position itself.
    Second interview same day with senior manager
    Accepted position

Gold Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Safeco (Golden, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

The pre-determined corporate questions that are required are a total joke. I get that they want you to think on your feet but seriously? The entire process is so political, I don't even want to work here anymore.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you did not get along with a coworker. describe the process you used to resolve a conflict with the coworker.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Safeco.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person 2 person interview. If that goes well, they will immediately set up an interview with the department head. The phone interview was a basic screening of behavioral questions. The 2nd interview was a more intense version of the first one. They wanted in depth answers and if you didn't have one, they waited for you to come up with one. There was no option to move to another question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you and your manager didn't see eye to eye on a decision and how you were able to get them to agree with you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Received a fair offer

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Safeco in August 2015.

Interview

Applied direct on-line. Received email within days to schedule a Phone interview with internal recruiter. Phone interview lasted approximately 40 minutes. Ending with a time in which I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• What would be the most difficult thing for you in coming to Safeco?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Safeco.

Interview

Applied through the university's job board. Took an online assessment and filled out an additional questionnaire. Had an initial phone screening. Two weeks after that I scheduled an in person interview. Interviewed with 4 or 5 people in the office. About month after that I heard back about the job.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Safeco (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was about 2-3 months from application to offer letter. After completing the phone interview, personality test and knowledge and skills test, I was offered an in person interview. After the interview, I was offered the position a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question