Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Servicing Call Center Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - in person interview - call for job offer
    Applied online, day later received email to schedule phone interview. Following that interviewed in person the next week. Recieved an email a day later to finish the application. 2 days later recieved offer via phone and email

This process was extremely easy. The interviewers were very laid back.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

Submitted resume to job ad, was called by the Recruiting Manager for an interview. Met with her and then two days later was called back for a second interview with the Director of Recruiting and the VP of HR. Several days later I received an offer which I accepted.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the offer up $5k from the original amount they offered me.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone screening followed by two rounds of inperson interviews. Very generic. Basic industry questions and job related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base salary on previous compensation and do not negotiate much.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through Handshake and got an email a month later to interview. They were late to the on-site interview and they did not seem enthusiastic. It was two potential bosses and they were self-congested. I told my friends I would not take the internship if offered.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

Short single interview, no phone screen. Talked to two people at the same time for about a half an hour. They just asked questions about my resume and prior experience. Relaxed environment overall. After they asked questions, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a lot of questions and started a dialouge and then it was over. Whole process was under 45 minutes.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

There were three interviewers that asked very different questions from each other. One interviewer was HR and asked very basic questions. One was a role play and one was standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• The role play question consisted of being a candy store owner and having to manage it more effectively.   Answer Question

Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the in-person interview and a few days later I was called for a phone interview. A few days later I was offered the position over the phone. Then they performed a background check and drug test.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

They called the same day or next after I applied. Had several rounds of phone interviews and at least two in person interviews. The process was typical for a seasoned professional and mid-level manager. No panel interviews and I met with about three staff members in total. I spoke to three other employees from other lines of business as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handled a challenging experience.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial communications were confusing in some cases. It was all through email initially, and the first interview, a phone interview, was scheduled via an online scheduler. The phone interview was brief, only about 10 minutes, and then I waited a few days and got called to be scheduled for a regular interview. The normal interview had a single initial person you spoke to, who then forwarded you to another higher up person immediately following the first interview. They were all nice, asked the standard interview questions, and explained about how the job worked and how to be successful.

Interview Questions

• They asked to roleplay a situation where you were on the phone with a borrower who couldn't pay, and asked what you would say to them. This was difficult and unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A person from HR called. There wasn't that much room for negotiation.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

Applied Online. Interview with HR and brought in for 1 on 1 interview. It all took only two weeks from start finish. HR was very nice and easy to work with.

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a long line before I can even get my name called. After they called my name, I still waited another thirty five minutes before I can meet the person interviewing me. My interviewer looked extremely tired and kept yawing the whole interview.