Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then, An in person interview with questions about your experience and future growth. This process was easy and not an uncomfortable situation at all. The management was welcoming and knowledgeable about all the products and requirements needed to fulfil the job ahead of me

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5years   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

Submitted resume to job ad, was called by the Recruiting Manager for an interview. Met with her and then two days later was called back for a second interview with the Director of Recruiting and the VP of HR. Several days later I received an offer which I accepted.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the offer up $5k from the original amount they offered me.

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

One Interview.

Negotiation

sGave me what I asked for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in June 2009.

Interview

Phone screening followed by two rounds of inperson interviews. Very generic. Basic industry questions and job related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base salary on previous compensation and do not negotiate much.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied through Handshake and got an email a month later to interview. They were late to the on-site interview and they did not seem enthusiastic. It was two potential bosses and they were self-congested. I told my friends I would not take the internship if offered.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in November 2018.

Interview

It takes 48 minutes. There are three people who interview me. This position is about the analyst. some skills are required. You need have some experiences about the banking and credit .

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

Short single interview, no phone screen. Talked to two people at the same time for about a half an hour. They just asked questions about my resume and prior experience. Relaxed environment overall. After they asked questions, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a lot of questions and started a dialouge and then it was over. Whole process was under 45 minutes.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

There were three interviewers that asked very different questions from each other. One interviewer was HR and asked very basic questions. One was a role play and one was standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• The role play question consisted of being a candy store owner and having to manage it more effectively.   Answer Question

Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the in-person interview and a few days later I was called for a phone interview. A few days later I was offered the position over the phone. Then they performed a background check and drug test.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

They called the same day or next after I applied. Had several rounds of phone interviews and at least two in person interviews. The process was typical for a seasoned professional and mid-level manager. No panel interviews and I met with about three staff members in total. I spoke to three other employees from other lines of business as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handled a challenging experience.   1 Answer