Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Servicing Call Center Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - in person interview - call for job offer
    Applied online, day later received email to schedule phone interview. Following that interviewed in person the next week. Recieved an email a day later to finish the application. 2 days later recieved offer via phone and email

This process was extremely easy. The interviewers were very laid back.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE).

Interview

Took a couple days, no phone screen only in person interview. Asked about experience, behavioral questions, very friendly. Explained position, overtime, benefits, etc. I interviewed on Friday, they offered me position on Tuesday. Had to go for drug screen, background test, & fingerprinting.

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

There were three interviewers that asked very different questions from each other. One interviewer was HR and asked very basic questions. One was a role play and one was standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• The role play question consisted of being a candy store owner and having to manage it more effectively.   Answer Question

Customer Care Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Middletown, DE) in August 2017.

Interview

I was first emailed to expect a call from the talent acquisition team. Two days later I received a phone call and I was prescreened and scheduled for an in person interview in two days which I was told was going to last for half an hour. On the day of the interview I arrived at 12:40pm and my interview was at 1:00pm. I was called at about 1:15pm by hiring manager. The interview lasted close to an hour. After which I was told I have to interview with the hiring manager's head. In the meantime I was asked to sit with a customer service advisor to listen in to incoming customer calls close to 2 hours before I got to meet the head. Upon meeting I was told i was going to interview with two other heads inclusive. However I interviewed with one since the other two were not available. I left their premises at 4:00pm and I've been there since 1:00pm for what was suppose to
    be half an hour interview. My overall experience was 2 out of 10 where 1 is very poor and 10 is excellent. The departments involved needs to be organized. Plus I think it's unethical to have someone listen in to calls when they've not be employed. I got to listen in to customers mentioning their full social security number and other details on the call. This is so wrong! If only Customer's knew someone else other than the employee was listening in on their call then that would be a different story altogether. Someone needs to advice customer care team at Sallie Mae to stop this practice. It does not feel right.

Interview Questions

• •Why Sallie Mae?
      •How would you handle irate customer?
      •how would you describe a great customer experience you personally had?   Answer Question

Release Train Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Found posting online and applied; also had reference by current co-worker that is former Sallie Mae employee. Received phone interview by HR recruiter to discuss basic info and salary requirements. Invited for onsite interview where I met with 4 people during 3 interviews. Very positive experience based on those I encountered.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your prior experience to this role to be successful?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

I interviewed at the University of Delaware through their career services. I went in with two other students, and we each met with three different people. The first I met with was an HR person, who told me the basics about the company. Very broad, told her about myself, she did the same. The second person I met with was someone in the internal audit department, she told me more specifics about the job. The third person I met with was also in the internal audit department. It was a relaxed environment. It is very much conversational, so be prepared with a lot of questions. It also helps to know a lot about their company. Their website is extremely informational.

Interview Questions

• Role play where I had to think of different objectives, risks, and controls in a candy shop, if I were consulting over it.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Communications Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE).

Interview

Got an email a few days after applying on LinkedIn, phone interview set up for following Tuesday (got the email on Friday) recruiter never called. I emailed her a half hour past the scheduled time and she apologized for being called into a meeting and having to reschedule. Pretty unprofessional and tells me my time isn't valuable. Finally spoke Thursday, nothing really mentioned about previous missed interview. Set me up for in person interview Monday, interview was short. Manager was nice but I didn't feel I got a chance to impress her with any of my skills or qualifications because she talked the entire time and didn't ask me any questions. Waste of my day off.

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good. They did ask me questions related to my field on sql server DBA. It went smoothly as it was in the area of my interest. I made it through the interview.

Interview Questions

• About my roles and responsibilities, How would i fit into the job, my personality quiz.   Answer Question

Servicing Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about one week later received an email from the HR recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interview completed the next day and the recruiter was very informative. The actual interview was horrible, the interview was literally over in about 7 or 8 mins.. I asked questions to engage the conversation but he seemed to be rushed and wanted the interview to be over just as quick as it had started. I interview well but this one was by far the worst one in history. I wasn't surprised to not have received an offer, I wouldn't of accepted anyway.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

Short single interview, no phone screen. Talked to two people at the same time for about a half an hour. They just asked questions about my resume and prior experience. Relaxed environment overall. After they asked questions, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a lot of questions and started a dialouge and then it was over. Whole process was under 45 minutes.