Sallie Mae C#, .NET Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

C#, .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2011.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview that consisted of several questions pertaining to programming .NET. It went well enough for a 1:1 that was schedule a week thereafter. On the day of the interview, I get an e-mail from my Recruiter that was sent at midnight informing me that the interview was canceled because they have offered the job to someone else. C'est la vie. However, at the end of the week I received another 1:1 because the candidate apparently turned the position down. Later on, I received a transcript of my interview (pitched as a cheatsheet) from another recruitment company that I was not currently working with.
So, obviously, I deduced that www.collegeloan.com was obviously a small startup without a real HR department. That I will be probably be interviewed with the the Principals themselves. Fast forward a week later, The 1:1 took two hours long and was a multi-tiered interview. The first tier, was a series of programming questions by two interviewers. I answered enough questions correctly to enter the second phase. The second phases is when the conversation took an entire shady tome. The interviewers at this point phone conferences a man into the conversation. Through the conversation, I find that they are outsourcing backend development. Well, the job interview is for a C#, .NET Developer. So, needless to say, I did not get into the third and final tier of the interview save for a weak explanation that the man that would have conducted the interview had a toothache that day.

Interview Questions