Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.9

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

Very low pressure interview process. I had one phone call with the guy that ended up being my supervisor. He asked me a few questions and outlined what he had intended for me to work on during my time there. It was about 30-45 minutes and I got an offer letter a week or so afterwards. Less than 5 candidates get interviewed per position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience with different software programs I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview was brief and easy but I think your experience will depend on the manager of whatever group you have applied to that calls you. Talked about my resume and interests.

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Greensboro, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was relaxing. Mainly asked questions related to my resume. Already possessing a security clearance is a must. I had my interview 2 weeks after applying to their website,

Mechanical Engineering Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed on campus after being invited back from a career fair. The interview was very casual; it lasted just under an hour and was mostly a conversation between the recruiter and I about my projects and their work function. No technical questions were asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

On Campus Interview. I apply through my school job board. Mostly behavioral Question. It was just a pre screening interview, so you still have to apply on their website. It is necessary to get a security clearance, so you will need to be a US citizen

R&D Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2017.

Interview

After applying I was invited to complete prescreen survey with behavioral questions. A few weeks later I was contacted to set up interviews by two different teams. Both were casual phone interviews with a few managers.

R&D Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager via telephone and we talked for a little while about my background and interest in Sandia. We discussed my resume and then they asked me if I wanted to visit Albuquerque to interview and I accepted. I was flown out and met with multiple different people who all interviewed me for about 45 mins to an hour. The day was long, but everyone was extremely nice. The security was definitely intense.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem working with someone, what did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in June 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of giving a technical presentation followed by individual interviews by the team members. It was a long day, but the employees at Sandia were welcoming and made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were involved in a team. What was your role in the team? Was there conflict that arose during your time in the team?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online. Was not contacted for an interview until over 6 months after applying online. The interview was on site, but I have also had an interview that was over the phone first. The whole process was pretty quick, but it depends on paperwork.

Interview Questions

Interview

recommend you restate the (probably mandated) formula in your own words. For example: "We here at Prairie Home University are convinced that being around people who are different from us makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working." The best candidates will measure your commitment to diversity by the way you express it. What’s more, even if current federal and state laws on diversity may, in time, come under political attack and be changed, statements lik