Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 270 of over 270 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in Dec 2020

Interview

The process began with a short call from HR, setting up a video interview. The interview started with a overview presentation about what it's like to work at Sandia, then 4 engineers logged on and began the actual interview portion. It was largely behavioral and STAR format, focused on my prior experience. If you're well prepared with your STAR situational answers and friendly it should go well. The interviewers were very nice and friendly throughout. A few weeks later I got a call to expect an offer soon.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you didn't get along well with a team member.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

Online Teams interview. I was called about the interview and emailed information regarding date and time of the online interview. The interview took about 30 minutes and normal interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you different from other applicants with the same experience or education?

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

Presentation about yourself, then few questions about your experience. The team was very friendly and welcoming. Three rounds of interviews, one with the recruiter, one with the manager and one with the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

One hr phone call, one manager phone screen, one day of on-site interviews. Pretty chill, mostly nontechnical except for the job talk. Emphasis on good fit (culturally). Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

STAR Format questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result) Usually multiple interviewers (Expect 3-5 people to interview you in one session) Expect a long process because of bureaucracy Looking for cultural as well as skill set fits.

Interview Questions
  • Strengths/Weaknesses? What are some challenges you've experienced? Good mix of behavioral and skill oriented questions.

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

This was during covid for an internship, I had a phone screen where they asked some pretty standard behavioral questions, and it went pretty well, and they sent my name to hire.

Interview Questions
  • They were pretty standard behavioral questions

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in Oct 2021

Interview

Had an initial phone screening, then was invited to a virtual interview with a panel of 6 people. First 10 min was an intro to the panel, next 10 minutes was a presentation on SNL. Then I had 15 minutes to go over my experience and about myself. Next was 30 minutes of the panel asking me questions. Closing was 5 minutes for me to ask them questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is a challenge you’ve faced with your current role?
  • What does diversity and inclusion mean to you and tell us about a project you’ve worked on with diversity and inclusion in mind
  • Tell us how you are in a project team setting
  • Tell us about a conflict in the workplace or a time you didn’t agree with a directive from management

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day for a screening interview with the hiring manager. The manager was 10 minutes late to the interview and clearly did not read my resume beforehand. The screening interview was casual, just asking questions about my background and experience and lasted about 30 mins. Ultimately, he told me they would not be moving forward because they wanted 5+ years experience for an entry level role (lol).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in Aug 2021

Interview

I received an email from the hiring manager asking about my interest and requesting a call to discuss the role. I took the call, and the role was described in detail. Within an hour of the call, I received another email asking me to interview with a panel over a video call. The video call was only voices and no actual video interaction. They asked 5 questions all pertaining to my previous experience. They asked me to answer all questions in the STAR format. The interviewers took turns asking questions. They provided little to no response to the questions and asked follow-up questions twice. I received a decision email within 5 days.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with another group or individual.
  • Tell us about a time where you had to interact with many levels within the organization.
  • Tell us about a time where you provided excellent customer service when something had gone wrong in a customer's experience.
  • Tell us about a time where you did not follow the outlined policy, procedure, or plan.
  • Tell us about a time where you had to implement a tool, program, or process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM)

Interview

Gave a presentation on all my publications, MS and PhD thesis. Some just a single view graph. Answered questions about the software I wrote to accomplish such goals. Said the sw was mine, whole developed.

Interview Questions
  • Was the source of the code commercially available or home grown?

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

Flew into ABQ, put up in a hotel with rental car. Met manager off base and was escorted to several different interviews with various people. The interviews ranged from technical to personal to situational. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 270 Interviews