Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online. Was not contacted for an interview until over 6 months after applying online. The interview was on site, but I have also had an interview that was over the phone first. The whole process was pretty quick, but it depends on paperwork.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

recommend you restate the (probably mandated) formula in your own words. For example: "We here at Prairie Home University are convinced that being around people who are different from us makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working." The best candidates will measure your commitment to diversity by the way you express it. What’s more, even if current federal and state laws on diversity may, in time, come under political attack and be changed, statements lik

Software Development Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I had a 45 minute soft interview in which interviewer asked questions about leadership skills, management style, greatest weakness/strength, etc. It was more of a conversation and we also chatted about the campus and I could ask any questions about working at Sandia. I was told that the the recruiter's impression and my responses were then added to an applicant file kept by Sandia national labs and attached to my future applications as well.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of bad leadership that you can think of?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Did a phone interview with the hiring manager and was invited out to interview in person. Interviewed with 6 people at one time in a conference room. Everything was congenial and professional and the atmosphere was friendly. Most of the interviewers read somewhat typical questions from a script.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working on nuclear weapon programs?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter and I met at a career fair and I was prescreened immediately. I was told to apply online and keep following up, but never received notification for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in Sandia?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied in February, but position closed due to internal problems. It reopened and then I received an email from the person who would be my supervisor to apply. I did, and then a phone interview was scheduled. During the phone interview, discuss some work ethics, the nature of the project, the goals of the project, my contribution in lab, salary range, etc. I wrote a quick email in thanks and waited two weeks. About one month later, I was scheduled to fly in for on-site interview. I gave a seminar and then met with 11 people that day from different departments.

Ccd Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer conducting the phone interview was very friendly. There was a set of 10 required questions that was asked, which were entirely behavioral. Asked about your past experience, teamwork abilities and even hobbies.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a group conflict   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter at a college career fair. The next day, met for an on campus interview with several of the recruiters discussing my past projects and answering behavioral questions. Was contacted by a department manager for a phone interview discussing the internship program, and was given an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced when working with a group and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

Board interview with 4-6 people. Lots of tell me a time when you....questions, excellent interview process. Everything else done via email. Almost all follow up communication done via email and with back ground review and HR

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to change someone's perspective of you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Undergrad Interview

Anonymous Employee in University City, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (University City, St. Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of gentlemen who really knew their stuff. They really let me run the interview. They first introduced themselves, then after a few basic questions, asked me about my personal projects, those associated with my school and my own pursuits. I probably talked back and fourth with them for 45 minutes (It was supposed to be a 30 minute interview) and at the end I really felt like they were happy to have interviewed me. I heard back from the interviewer within a day with an offer for a job. Overall, great experience, but the interview was by no means easy. If I hadn't been able to show off my work, lots of technical work, and use and understand the terminology that is typical in this field I would have been kicked to the curb in seconds.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about these projects that you've listed on your resume.   Answer Question