Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was low-pressure and overall a great experience. I enjoyed the interview (which was conducted over the phone), as it was like a conversation with questions and answers going back and forth. There were no technical questions beyond the resume; most questions were behavioral.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

A representative was at my university career fair and I had an on campus interview the following day. After that, there were several phone interviews in the next few weeks by management and other staff in the specific department.

Interview Questions

• In person interview was mostly behavioral with some technical questions about resume items. Phone interviews were more of getting to know you and your interest/experience in the subject.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about new 3D printing technologies?   Answer Question

R&D Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2018.

Interview

I was very impressed with the initial contact process. Spoke directly to the lab manager in a phone interview. Was invited for a site interview. Spent three days in Albuquerque with an unlimited mileage rental car. Spent the morning meeting the staff and touring the labs. Had an off-site Iunch. I was given a interview packet that had instructions about post interview contact. I was never assigned a recruiter or HR manager. I sent thank you email and card. I felt the interview went well and I was qualified for the position. I never heard back after six weeks. I made the call to HR who transferred me to a third party recruiter who informed me that the position was filled. It was unprofessional the way the communication was handled which begged the question if the job was even an Equal Opportunity?

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that required some innovation?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. Fairly straightforward. They asked me about my experience, organizational skills, strengths and weaknesses, etc. They also described the job description further and asked how capable I felt to carry out the position.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Right after the initial phone screen, the PI asked for three referrals. The onsite interview took a whole day. Somehow I felt the PI was not quite satisfied with the presentation, so I suggest the presentation to be taken very seriously. The slides should be clear, meaningful. I presented the same slides that I presented in my defense, and certainly it overshot the time limits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in January 2018.

Interview

Great customer service. I got a reply within a few weeks of applying via job board. They give both technical and behavioral questions so be prepared to answer common questions

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

Very low pressure interview process. I had one phone call with the guy that ended up being my supervisor. He asked me a few questions and outlined what he had intended for me to work on during my time there. It was about 30-45 minutes and I got an offer letter a week or so afterwards. Less than 5 candidates get interviewed per position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience with different software programs I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview was brief and easy but I think your experience will depend on the manager of whatever group you have applied to that calls you. Talked about my resume and interests.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2017.

Interview

In person, panel, mix of behavior based questions, tactical and strategic goals. Perceived weaknesses and strengths of the organization and suggestions for improvements. After panel interview, there was a short discussion with another senior manager who had follow-up questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss how to address perceived overloading of the current manager position. What tasks or duties could be eliminated, reassigned or altered.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Greensboro, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was relaxing. Mainly asked questions related to my resume. Already possessing a security clearance is a must. I had my interview 2 weeks after applying to their website,