Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2018

2.9

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

Board interview with 4-6 people. Lots of tell me a time when you....questions, excellent interview process. Everything else done via email. Almost all follow up communication done via email and with back ground review and HR

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to change someone's perspective of you and how did you do it?   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Livermore, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Began with two very long email questionnaires from a hiring manager asking about my past programming experience. Specific questions also showed up related to the project I was applying for. After those emails, a 90-minute interview with someone working on the project. Questions varied from behavioral to technical, designed to see how well you critically think.

Interview Questions

• During the telephone interview. A series of deceptively simple questions such as "Tell me about a time you used Vectors." "When have you used inheritance". The second one really threw me off because it seemed so basic. They want you to have elaborate answers that show that you know more than its definition.   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 ladies. They had a document of prepared questions that mainly asked about your skills and other behaviors. I enjoyed the interview and it was not a difficult process. The most difficult part is waiting for the background check to be complete (which takes 6-8 weeks).

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?
      What are your strengths?
      What do you know about Sandia's Internship Program?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

I applied online. Was not contacted for an interview until over 6 months after applying online. The interview was on site, but I have also had an interview that was over the phone first. The whole process was pretty quick, but it depends on paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter at a college career fair. The next day, met for an on campus interview with several of the recruiters discussing my past projects and answering behavioral questions. Was contacted by a department manager for a phone interview discussing the internship program, and was given an offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced when working with a group and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online after speaking with a representative at a University fair. They contacted me with a questionnaire regarding basic skills a couple of months later. I returned the questionnaire. About a month later I interviewed. I was told that I would hear back in a couple weeks and when I didn't I assumed I wouldn't get an offer. I didn't hear back until mid-February when I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you reverse a linked list?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories in January 2016.

Interview

Was very pleasant. Had interview after a career fair event. Interviewers were very pleasant and asked behavioral questions mostly. Asked about experiences and such. Asked questions regarding my technical projects and previous experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories.

Interview

The interview process was good. I first had a phone interview during which they asked me various questions. After the phone interview I was flow to their office and asked to present on a technical topic during a brown bag. Finally, I had several in person interviews assessing my job fit and technical skills.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter and I met at a career fair and I was prescreened immediately. I was told to apply online and keep following up, but never received notification for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in Sandia?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview was brief and easy but I think your experience will depend on the manager of whatever group you have applied to that calls you. Talked about my resume and interests.