Cover image for Sandia National Laboratories

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Sandia National Laboratories Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 311 of over 311 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM)

Interview

Received a call. Met at a Starbucks with 3 members of the department, including the manager. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and was great conversation. Even though the position was given to someone with more experience than myself, the manager called me back directly to explain and encourage me. Very professional!

Interview Questions
  • What are you proud of?
    1 Answer

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

Can take a little while but everyone is quite nice. From initial contact to when the offer was made, I believe it was roughly 3 months or so. That may have changed with the pandemic given the ability to do most via videoconference.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

Non- technical panel interview. Provided presentation of skills, experience and vision for the position. Follow up one on one with a veteran employee for more candid conversation. Wait time for decision on position is rather lengthy.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2022

Interview

Don't even bother applying if you have dual citizenship. They gave me only three availabilities to choose from, so I skipped one of my classes. I dressed up and was ready for the interview, but the interviewer didn't even open the camera. They rushed and talked so fast that I had to ask twice to repeat the question. There were awkward moments of silence because they were taking notes, and it felt like an investigation!! Finally, after all the hassle, they rejected me as soon as I mentioned that I have dual citizenship.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? This job requires clearance what is your citizenship status? Do you have citizenship from another country?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM) in Sep 2022

Interview

It was a panel interview of 6 and a one on one interview with the department manager. They immediately made you feel comfortable and relaxed before they got started. Never made you feel inadequate if you didn't have experience in certain areas, etc. It was a great experience, and this is coming from someone that didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

One was a panel with STAR format, multiple follow on discussions with SMEs, everyone was very nice and welcoming and able to answer any questions that I had for them. Long process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

Panel interview. STAR questions. Behavioral based question. It was a good interview however management asked hard questions. The interview took right around 30 minutes and was in front of a group of six. Each asked a question or two.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you failed. What did you learn.
1 person found this interview helpful

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

A panel of three hiring managers on Microsoft Teams asked questions. A follow up interview would happen with staff in a similar panel. Each interview was an hour each with behavioral questions for the managers and technical questions with the staff.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in which you implemented an idea or plan and it did not succeed.

Anonymous Employee in Los Rnchs Abq, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories (Los Rnchs Abq, NM) in Sep 2022

Interview

The interview was over teams with several different people, and they asked about five or six questions. The interview was structured where the main person would ask questions and then the remaining people would ask follow up questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Why Sandia Labs? What are your future career plans?

Sandia National Laboratories

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sandia National Laboratories

Interview

I had applied for a position and was accepted but i didn't meet one of the requirements so had to reapply once i met the requirements and then they had assured me to wait around another month so that they will reach out to me, but I was ghosted as i just wasted months for an opportunity that never came.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Please share a brief overview of your background and why it makes you the best candidate for this internship.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 311 Interviews

Popular Careers with Sandia National Laboratories Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Sandia National Laboratories? Share Your Experiences

Sandia National Laboratories logo

Sandia National Laboratories Careers

Cover image for Sandia National Laboratories

Exceptional service in the national interest. Our goal isn’t to increase market share or shareholder profits. Rather, we create science...More

• Our People
  • Our Culture
  • Our Playground
  • Our Benefits

Company Updates

5 days ago

Careers
As layoffs continue to impact so many talented workers, Sandia National Laboratories wants to help you find your next career! If you wish to have a career defined by global impact, purpose, challenging work, and worklife balance, Sandia may be the place for you! Come work with the world’s top minds. Apply today.
Shared image - How will you impact the world around you?
How will you impact the world around you?
www.sandia.gov

9 days ago

Careers
#SandiaAnswersTheCall — Lauren Rohwer studied materials science because it spans synthesis and processing while overlapping with chemistry and physics. Her work at Sandia’s Microsystems Engineering, Science and Applications center allows her to apply her materials background to packaged devices for nuclear deterrence and satellite applications. “It’s satisfying to contribute to programs that help advance the nation’s technological capabilities needed to adapt to new and existing national security threats.” — Lauren
Shared image - Answering the call
Answering the call
bit.ly

Sandia National Laboratories Photos

+ Add Photo
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: Diagnosing supercomputer problems.
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: STEM Mentoring Cafe
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: Pulsed power.
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: Chemical engineer doing lab work.
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: Supercomputing.
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: Aerial view of Sandia's Albuquerque site.
Sandia National Laboratories photo of: Robtics range.

Expert Career Advice