Sapphire Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Lyndhurst, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role via LinkedIn and was contacted the next day. A phone interview followed the same week, then an in-person interview about a week later. Some time elapsed between that first round and the second (and final round) of interviews, which was perfectly understandable and acceptable to me; the communication during the process was good.

I felt there was a significant effort during the process to determine the cultural "fit" for both the company and me, which I think is critical on both sides. The interviews (beyond the phone screen) were conversational (as opposed to scripted) in nature which greatly helped me to get an idea of whether the opportunity was right for me. I think any candidate for any job should be an active participant in that two-way evaluation and I had an excellent experience from that perspective.

Interview Questions

• Vitals is a newer tech company, and your work experience has been in more traditional corporate environments. How would that experience add value here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital in June 2014.

Interview

there are three people that interviewed me one was for basic behavior, one was technical, and one was HR it was not a difficult interview. they just try to feel out if your the right fit for the company. sometimes they give you a test to see if you can code.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a new company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Tulsa, OK) in April 2013.

Interview

I sat down with the manager in his office, introduced myself and answered a few questions. The setting was comfortable and I was introduced to the other employees afterward. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe an interface in PHP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Bedford, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

Started off pleasant enough. By the end of the phone screen I was told I would hear back in two days as to whether the process would continue. Three days later and nothing. Emailed them and I did get a response but that the hiring manager was on vacation and would be back in a couple days with more info. More than three WEEKS later and still nothing. Disgusted.

Interview Questions

• Been so long that I can't remember the specifics but I will say the interviewer was very non-technical which made explaining my experience difficult.   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

They made me go through a lot of meetings.

First it was a phone interview with one recruiter. Two weeks later, a personal 1-1 interview with a senior recruiter. The following week a personal interview at the company, then a group interview with people from different departments. Two weeks after, a personal interview with the CEO. And to conclude a final interview with a person from a different department... And still it's not sure this last interview will be the end of the process...

Interview Questions

• What does your husband do for living?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital.

Interview

You get a sense of their low EQ the way hiring manager mentioned former employee who was let go. They claim to be selective, but tend to hire and keep industry rejects.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers (with probably IQ<70) asked basic process questions. The executive however seemed intelligent   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital.

Interview

I was solicited by human resources of Vitals to interview for an open position. i was not actively searching for a job at the time but I went in and met with the team to explore the opportunity.

I went through a round of interviews and then was told to come back for a final interview which was requested to be the following day. I agreed to do so assuming the process would move fast and I would receive an answer. The first day i thought I'd be a valid candidate for this position but the second interview did not go as well.

After a follow up I was told I would hear back in a couple of weeks from Vitals (also told I would receive a response any decision that was made). I would have liked a formal rejection but I understand companies may not want to waste time doing that. However, they indicated that would happen and to date it has not.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview of walking through the resume and what knowledge of accounting concepts you may have. Nothing out of the ordinary. The second interview was more about personality. "What do you do on weekends" was on of the questions asked by multiple interviewers. How do you handle stress? What are you pet peeves?   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial call with HR went well. I have to say the HR lead I spoke with was refreshingly candid and friendly, not the usual mechanical "lets check off the qualification boxes to see if you're on to the next round". She took time to discuss the culture and background of the organization. Usually the calls are one way - as a candidate you have "X" amount of time to make your case and answer a bunch of rapid fire questions on the phone. This felt more like a conversation and a mutual interview to see not only if they thought I'd be a fit but vice versa. And lets face it - as a candidate you are interviewing a company as much as they are you - but this piece of the puzzle sometimes gets overlooked by HR recruiters as they get lost in the churn and burn focusing on weeding through tons of resumes to find a decent pool of prospectives.

I went on to meet with the hiring manager in person, and once I learned more about the day-to-day role I decided not to move forward in the process. I was candid and gave my reasons for bowing out. They understood my perspective and agreed that based on what I was looking for this wasn't the right fit for me.

I was so impressed with the HR lead and the professionalism of everyone there that I met with that I wanted to write a review here. Even though it wasn't the right position for me, I'd recommend giving this company a fair shake if you're considering joining them.

Interview Questions

• As a consumer what is your process for finding a new doctor, and have you used Vitals for that purpose?   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a screening call, phone interview, and then an in-person interview. Interview started in beginning of March and it is now mid-June. Followed up a couple times back in April and HR said I was still being considered. Another 2 months and still nothing.

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyndhurst, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital (Lyndhurst, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with a few people, the hiring manger andanither member if the team and an HR representative. This is after an HR screen and a phone screen.

They seemed to like me and my skills but I never heard from them.

Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapphire Digital.

Interview

I responded to a job opening that was posted on a job board and was contacted by HR/recruiter who thought I would be more appropriate for another role they were looking to fill. Initial in-person meeting w/HR went well. Then met w/EVP, which I thought also went well. After sending my "thank - you's" was told I would be getting contacted soon with feedback. After not hearing back for almost 2 weeks, I contacted HR to learn they were now not recruiting for the position and that it was "on hold"- A complete waste of my time