SendGrid Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 70 of over 70 interviews

Recruiter18%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in Oct 2019

Interview

The fastest process ever. I was contacted by recruiter through linkedin, quick intro call, hackerrank. Next day after I passed hackerrank I was invited 4 hours long onsite with 4 people. All interviewers were friendly and generally very nice persons to talk with, definitely one of the better experience so far.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Hackerrank with easy to medium questions. 2. onsite with design, coding, hiring manager and culture match
    Answer Question

SendGrid

Application

I interviewed at SendGrid

Interview

I had a telephonic interview and I got rejected in it. I had thought it went well though. I asked the recruiter to provide me with feedback but he never gave it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

1) Interview with Recruiter 2) Interview with Hiring Manager 3) Take home assignment 4) Onsite interview Enjoyed meeting with everyone onsite. If you can please provide the feedback about the onsite interview will be helpful in the future for all the candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in Apr 2019

Interview

After a short exchange with the recruiter, and no exchange with an actual hiring manager or anyone on the team to do an initial screen for fit, was sent a timed online coding test that only tested data structures and algorithms, no coding exercises about any front end development. Was also not given instructions that the test would be on non-front end skills, giving me no change to prepare. About a week later, the recruiter emailed back saying they did not want to move forward with me, but if I wanted to "review CS fundamentals" I could re-apply in the future. Still can't believe they feel entitled to ask senior developers to sacrifice free time learning and being tested on skills that aren't a part of the job they are applying for.

Interview Questions
  • Taking an array of strings, return an array with the first instance of any string whose anagram is later in the array (preserving order, removing the later anagram instances and any strings without anagrams)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in Feb 2019

Interview

Initial 30 minute phone screen consisting of behavioral questions, technical questions, and inquiries about previous projects. I passed this phone screen and advanced to the next stage which was a take-home technical challenge. This challenge involved building a simple single page web app in HTML, CSS, and jQuery after fetching data and images from a provided API. I spent about 8 hours on this technical challenge and showed it to some colleagues to look over before submitting. As far as we all could tell, it worked perfectly, satisfied all the requirements, and contained several features to make it look more like the provided comp (even though these features were not listed as requirements). The SendGrid recruiter I was working with informed me about a week later that they would not be proceeding with my application, but was friendly and offered to answer any questions I might have. I wrote back asking for some feedback about my submitted tech challenge to learn if I had inadvertently made some mistakes. No response, as is unfortunately typical for many companies. Whether it was due to the companies lack or organization or consideration for candidates who invest time in these challenge, I don't know.

Interview Questions
  • Phone Screen -Describe a project you've been working on recently and a new technology you're interested in. -Describe a project you're proud of. Tech Challenge See above

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in Feb 2019

Interview

It took almost 2 months for SendGrid to respond to my application. The interview process is 4 parts: cultural with HR, technical with hiring manager, on site and then another manager interview. I passed cultural with flying colors and thought the technical went pretty OK. I had heard the technical was hard so I studied for a few days beforehand. I wasn't able to answer a couple questions that are for a little more advanced dev - but despite being told that it was OK to not know, I guess it mattered. I got a canned rejection reply from HR. The whole experience smacked of being against one of their cultural H's - honesty - which has made me think that they are a company that talks the talk but is unable to walk the walk.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendGrid (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2019

Interview

There were recruiter call, initial hackerrank challenge, phone screen in order. The phone screen was supposed to be taken by the team's hiring manager. But the hiring manager was not available and another team's hiring manager had to take the interview. He asked about projects in my resume , asked a few design questions and behavioural questions. I asked the recruiter about the update so many times. I sent her so many emails.She did not get back to me.It was so unprofessional of her and the company. Replying to candidates or providing them updates are courteous gestures. I would not have joined such an unprofessional organization even if they had offered the job.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Irvine, CA) in Jan 2019

Interview

Fully behavioral on-campus interview at UCI. Asked me questions about things on my resume, and basic questions like how I would work in a team if I disagreed with someone.

Interview Questions
  • If you disagreed with someone, how would you resolve the issue?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Redwood City, CA) in Jan 2019

Interview

I interview at RedWood Jan,2019, There are a Hire Manager Phone Interview, Engineer Phone Interview, 5 round Onsite Interview . onsite interview we had lunch with team together in office.

Interview Questions
  • They Ask Medium algorithm question and I solved all problem, Since All Interviewer from India background , Even through I solved all algorithm question during Interview. They not give me offer without reason which totally waste my time. So Bad !!! They are not diversity company.

SendGrid

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SendGrid

Interview

The initial interview with a recruiter was typical. However, the follow-up promised to connect with the hiring manager never occurred. The recruiter was professional and did know about the general duties of the role, but not the 'why' of the role.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience in this type of role? Do you know what SendGrid does?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Interviews