SendGrid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO).

Interview

They put a very high emphasis on culture and values throughout the process and simply tried to get to know me to better understand if I was a good match. The questions are all basic and nothing out of the ordinary. Expect to talk with up to 5 different members of your potential team - they want the whole team to have a say in the hiring decision. Overall, it was a great experience!

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter - asked a lot of questions about cultural fit. Two technical/behavioral interviews - asked standard technical questions for my field as well as standard behavioral questions. The recruiter arranging the interviews was very accommodating and flexible regarding my schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you could work for any company, where would you work and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid.

Interview

Applied online. 1-2 weeks later received call from recruiter. The recruiter asked basic questions about my resume. The recruiter did not have a deep understanding of the role. A second phone screen with a hiring manager was more technical. The person asked specific questions about the programming language they intended to use. They assigned homework which was required to completed in 24 hours. After that was a video interview.

Interview Questions

• there were questions about the fundamentals of programming languages, events, architecture, and how previous experience related to the role.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer - Multichannel Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Redwood City, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had first round with hiring manager followed by evaluation process.You have to clear the detailed evaluation process for next round of interview.I was selected and invited to the Redwood City office for f2f interview .Firstly they were very welcoming ,as I stepped in the office there was a warmth in there,people were friendly and very attentive to the newbie,each one.I was interviewed back to back by 4 ,it lasted for 4-5 hourss. It was exhausting and very exciting to be there.Questions were technical as well as non technical.Good experience and felt a great place to work.
    Unfortunately I didn't get an offer however based on my 12+ years of exp in IT industry its definitely a great place to work,learn and grow.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The position was entry level and I went through a total of four rounds:

First Round was a 30 min screening round with the recruiter. Basic HR questions around my background and experience so far, why I was interested in the position, whether I would be able to commute, etc. He had informed me that I would be going to the next round, and sent a mail later the same day.

Second round was a couple days later on-call for 30 min with the manager I would be working with. A few basic technical questions (experience with NoSQL databases, how does a JOIN work) and some background related. He gave me the last 15 min to go over any questions that I might have. Got an email confirmation for the next round the same day.

Third round was the next week with a technical interview on video call with the Principal DBA. A lot of questions around databases and MySQL, but nothing too difficult or that I couldn't answer.

Fourth round was in the office another week later. I talked to four people individually one after the other. The first was a talent manager from the Boulder, CO office, second was with the Senior DBA, third was with the manager I had talked to in round 2 and the last was the the Principal DBA from round 3. The interviews with the DBAs were technical.

I was informed a few weeks later that they had moved ahead with a different candidate.

I would say my overall experience was quite good. Everyone I spoke to was polite and courteous.

Interview Questions

• How does a table join work?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • What is something you said at work that you regretted and how would you have changed it if you could have?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you have a bad day at work?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and was contacted a month later by a Senior Recruiter with SendGrid. We coordinated a phone screen with typical position-related interview questions. After the conversion, there was zero follow up by SendGrid. Very bush-league for a company that espouses honesty and transparency as one of their values:

"We are transparent, sharing information and feedback freely. We act with integrity, are honest with ourselves, and use data to provide the best insights."

One thing they've neglected to realize is that applicants are a part of their customer base.

Interview Questions

• Have you managed account portfolios with a revenue quota?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendGrid.

Interview

It was for a slightly technical role but they didn't ask me any technical questions. The recruiter was sweet as hell and it was all well and jolly until the end when they ghosted me after giving me a verbal offer over the phone and then didn't get back to me until weeks later to reject me

Software Engineering Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid.

Interview

I applied online and got an email within a month. The email asked me to schedule an interview with the HR for a high level talk. The talk had some standard questions. 3days after the interview I got a rejection email from them. I believe behavioral interviews should not be the criteria to judge technical potential of candidates.

Interview Questions

• One of the incidents from the past where you regret taking a specific decision?   Answer Question
    • What are the skills that you gained during your masters?   Answer Question

Email Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendGrid in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by a recruiter via email a week later to schedule a 30 minute phone screen. This was cancelled less than an hour before the interview & I was asked to connect either later that day or the next morning. I agreed to later in the day but didn't receive an email back until 2 days later...had the call the next week.

Thought the recruiter would apologize at the start of our call, but jumped right into the interview. No big deal, but would've left me with a better impression - recruiter was friendly overall though. At the end of call I was told I'd hear by the end of the week re: next steps. Didn't hear, so I emailed the following week. No response to my email, got a standard email saying the position has been filled at the end of that week.

Because of how much I'd heard about SendGrid's culture lately, I expected the process to a bit more personal and friendly.

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me, told me about the position, had a call with the Product Manager, then was given a code challenge to complete as my leisure. Was immediately emailed back after submitting it to have an in-person interview which consisted of a video hangout interview with a Senior Engineer, a UX / Designer and the head of Marketing.

Interview Questions

• What is your Greatest achievement in a recent position?   Answer Question
    • What are 3 words that your fellow employees would use to describe you?   Answer Question