SendGrid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SendGrid Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.6

Software Engineering Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid.

Interview

I applied online and got an email within a month. The email asked me to schedule an interview with the HR for a high level talk. The talk had some standard questions. 3days after the interview I got a rejection email from them. I believe behavioral interviews should not be the criteria to judge technical potential of candidates.

Interview Questions

• One of the incidents from the past where you regret taking a specific decision?   Answer Question
    • What are the skills that you gained during your masters?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn for a particular position. I had a quick informal interview (phone) with the recruiter and a follow-up phone interview with the department head. The interview was about 30 minutes and mostly conversational - getting to know the team structure, requirements of the role, etc. The questions focused mainly on my current position and the qualifications needed for the role they were trying to fill. I received the generic rejection template email within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• My experience with the systems/programs listed in the Job Description.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Cold outreach. I started with an initial phone screen with the recruiter, followed by a phone screen by a Director.

After that they asked me to come in for a 2.5 hour session consisting of 5 interviews with 5 different people. After that I was asked to come in one last time to meet with an SVP. After that I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were in a position where a customer was unhappy or upset? How did you fix it?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone call with SendGrid recruiter then a 30 minute phone call with hiring manager within a couple of days.
    I'm disappointed in SendGrid. They boast that they hire a culture of 4Hs: Happy, Humble, Hungry and Honest and pride themselves on their transparency. Those were the qualities that I admired about them.
    After my second interview, I received a standard rejection email that said they would be happy to discuss details as to why they weren't moving forward. A few days later, I was able to schedule a face-to-face with the recruiter to get feedback. I showed up early and waited over an hour before I realized I was stood-up. No communication before, and no more communication after. To me, that doesn't seem honest nor transparent.

Interview Questions

• What project in the recent year are you most proud of?   Answer Question

User Experience Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

First Touchpoint: 30m Phone Screening with HR Rep
    - Typical phone screening
    - Did I know / research who SendGrid was and what they do
    - Do I know what my role is
    - Briefly review my previous experience

Second Touchpoint: 30m Phone Interview with Department Manager
    - Mainly wanted to get a sense if I would be a good fit for the position.
    - We did discuss that it would be outside of my career path towards a UX research or UX Designer type role. However, we followed up with an on-site interview since I was still interested in pursuing the position while I'd be finishing my masters.

Third Touchpoint: Five 30-45m On-site Interviews (total of ~4h)
    - Talked with a Product Designer, a Project Manager, a UX Researcher, a Executive Assistance, and the UX Director
    - Everyone was really nice and transparent, they asked a wide range of questions from technical to behavioral.
    - Very keen on their culture of 4Hs and seemed like there was a real need for this role.

Decision: Email
    I received an email with notifying me that I unfortunately would not be further considered for the UX Research Coodinator role. However, they were open to discussing answering any questions or discussing feedback.

I was able to hop on the phone with an HR rep and they explained that the position would be a step down from where I currently was. However, they were very interested in keeping in contact for after my masters was up. We'll be meeting up for coffee later and keeping in touch!

Overall, it was very positive interview experience. The team was super friendly, warm, and helpful. I'm looking forward to staying in touch with them!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't meet an expectation, how did you handle it and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe this role's job responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • What are your future career plans, and how does this role fit in with those?   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Screen phone call with someone from HR with some general behavioral interview questions; followed by a phone call with my future manager with some scenarios & questions trying to assess my ability to reason & think outside the box. After that, I went in to the office for 3 30 minute interviews with all of my future managers and a 30 minute tour of the office. They all appeared to be asking questions off of a Google doc.

Perhaps it's because it was at the end of the typical intern hiring season, but the whole thing was a 2-3 week process. I got an offer the same day of the in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SendGrid? What do you do for fun outside of work? Describe biggest failure, etc.- typical interview stuff.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially applied for a different role at the company, was immediately bait-and-switched by recruiter during phone screen to instead interview for a different role (despite making it clear that I was interested in the original role, not a different one). The recruiter insisted that I was a perfect fit for the new role, advised that I give it a shot, so I did.

Ultimately the interview process was protracted (2.5 months) and pretty sloppy (missed deadlines and commitments, no follow ups, recruiter disappeared overnight never to be heard from again). This despite the fact that the hiring manager and recruiter said they were in hurry to fill the role ASAP.

Got a raise and a new role from my current company to start the year (totally unrelated to interviewing at SendGrid) so I gave up on waiting around to see what was going on with my candidacy. Pretty happy with my decision.

Interview Questions

• All obvious behavioral questions, no case or fit questions. Ie, Tell me about a time when... You worked in a team, You had to give negative feedback, You launched something new, etc   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Two parts: a phone screen asking basic experience/skillset related questions. That was followed by an onsite with two rounds. First round a technical interview with 2 engineers on the team involving some data structures/algo questions + role-specific applied technical questions. Second round was with a manager and involved behavioral questions.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SendGrid (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter, interested in finding out more about me. She was pleasant enough, seemed interested in finding the right fit for both company and potential employee. 2 weeks later, had a meeting with the hiring manager. She was given the wrong phone number by the coordinator so our 30 minute meeting was limited to only 15 mins. The recruiter actually asked more in depth questions that were relevant to the role than the manager, it was very rushed. Assume they weren't interested as I never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume. Are you ok working for a small company?   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SendGrid in November 2016.

Interview

Got a phone screen with HR. The girl was nice. We seemed to get along great and I thought I nailed every question. She said she'd get back to me in a week, and I heard back about two months later saying they were moving forward with other applicants. I also followed up with her two weeks later and she did not respond.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with working on completing something in a short time frame?   Answer Question