SendGrid Reviews | Glassdoor

SendGrid CEO Sameer Dholakia
Sameer Dholakia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Growing fast means growing pains (in 13 reviews)

• We're growing fast we no longer know every person and it can feel more corporate than it did in the past (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good Pay and Great Benefits
    -Fun and Positive Work Environment
    -Positive Company Trajectory

Cons

-Not as structured as a larger company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "Almost a month in and loving my decision to join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that believes in the values they preach - the 4 H's mean something here!

Great group of people, super welcoming, always wiling to help. Most importantly, SendGrid has technology that clients need!

Cons

Fast growing companies are always in transition - but this place know that, and they do their best to make it as easy as possible on everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on the people. Servant leadership is the right model!

3. "Envy of many in Colorado"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing and profitable. Right on the light rail. Awesome CEO. Trying to improve all the time. Protective of the culture. Care for employees. Free food and parking.

Cons

They can go overboard on liberal political themes at times. No unlimited PTO like similar SAAS companies. Too many meetings. Always more work than people due to a high bar which is good but painful sometimes.

Advice to Management

Don't be so afraid of or punish employees being people with diverse views that doesn't always conform to your way of thinking about social issues. Get rid of PTO. Go public already!

4. "The quiet unicorn"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Probably the best tech company in Colorado.

Cons

Sometimes SendGrid feels like a well-kept secret, better name recognition would be great.

Advice to Management

One of the things I've been most impressed by at SendGrid is the ability of the management to change and grow. Keep it up--if you're capable of changing, you can adapt to any situation.

5. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid (More than a year)

Pros

Great company wouldn't change it for the world!

Cons

None, everything is great with awesome benefits!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Talk About Career Defining"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been in the workplace for almost ten years and can tell you, without a doubt, that SendGrid is the greatest job I've ever had. SendGrid is not just about the perks and benefits ... it's career-defining, to say the least. You have ownership over your career, your work and opportunities to grow -- as long as you're good and committed. If you're not making the best out of this job, you're not taking advantage of everything SendGrid has to offer. Our CEO, Sameer, is the most humble, honest, happy and hungry human I've ever met, no surprise that he won EY Entrepreneur of the Year. He lives and breathes our culture and makes sure everyone else does as well. Our vision is clear and we have smart people moving the company in the right direction, our engineers are tirelessly committed to our brand and our customers, ELT admits they don't always know the answers but are constantly looking for ways to improve and live up to their promises. We have free lunches everyday, a Wifi Shuttle bus, a great 401K provider (which in the past would have been my greatest complaint), gym stipend, cell stipend, free parking (not the norm in Denver), commuting plans, a best in class office that EMPLOYEES helped design. We're award winning. We're awesome. And you're crazy if you don't want to work here.

Cons

Honestly, biggest con is that many of our employees don't realize how good they have it, especially those that this is their first job. You don't get this elsewhere, people, the perks, the transparency, the lovable management, the smart engineers, the committed teams. This is NOT the norm so take it all in and enjoy the ride.

Also, growing pains are real but you'll have those in any organization growing at the speed and scale that we are. I say embrace it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep listening to and caring about employees -- even if we're double our current employee size. You rock.

7. "Career-Defining Moments"

Current Employee - Marketing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every Gridder truly lives the 4H culture, I wake up every morning excited to come to work because of the awesome people I work with and the amazing opportunities I get. From leadership to individual contributors, everyone gives their all every single day.

The perks are amazing. Free lunch everyday, full kitchen and multiple kegs, Happy hours almost every week, free trip to Mexico every January and pretty good benefits.

Cons

I literally cannot think of any. I'm so happy here.

Advice to Management

Continue to push the importance of the 4H's to all of us. It truly makes us proud to have you as leaders.

8. "Product Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart, engaged teammates
    - Fast growing company
    - Lots of opportunities to take on more responsibility

Cons

- Growing fast means growing pains

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the experience of all the team members

Sep 15, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks so much for taking the time to share how you feel about working as a Gridder. Love that your experience is a good one. You’re right that as we continue to grow, we experience growing pains... More

9. "Wonderful place to work!"

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SendGrid has a 4H culture (humble, hungry, honest, happy) ... and everyone here lives by the 4H's everyday. Everyone is truly excited to be part of the SendGrid journey and strive to be the best we can be. Being around that positive energy makes coming to work easy and fun!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. I am proud to be a Gridder!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team to be their best. The company is growing and changing as we grow, and that can sometimes be uncomfortable. But we are moving in the right direction and as long as we do it arm-in-arm, change will continue to be a good thing for SendGrid!

Sep 15, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for highlighting what we love about the Grid. Our 4H culture and knowing that we’re building something special together - truly arm in arm - is what will continue to make us a great place to... More

10. "Best place to start a career"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at SendGrid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible, inspiring executive team. Great managers and employees- I've already learned 1000x more here in just a couple of months than my 4 years of college. Since the company is growing and changing so quickly, I also get to own a ton of cool work that I don't think I would be able to at any other company. I truly believe in the future prospects of this company. Culture is amazing, everyone is so happy. Benefits are great. This place is like Narnia.

Cons

Not sure if there are any - growing pains with more thoughtful procedures being put in place, but I don't mind the change.

Advice to Management

Keep it up :)

Sep 15, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking time to share how you feel about working at the Grid. Love that you highlighted the ability to own your work since that’s so foundational to our success. Every Gridder makes a... More