Sensata Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sensata Technologies

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Sensor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

It was for an internship in Almelo, Netherlands, and consisted of two skype interviews-a technical with my manager, and another (more casual) with his boss to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• My experience with LabVIEW and some basic data processing questions.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Four 45 minute sessions back to back followed by a 1-hour case study at the centre in Attleboro, MA.
    Pleasant experience. All the interviewers were very good to talk to. Helped me with some of my questions and explained the role and expectations.

The case study was a bit intense with some tough questions, but overall positive experience

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, 10 years?
      What is your leadership style?
      Explain a situation where you made an impact.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Amherst, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

All technical questions, no personable questions, very few questions about the resume and my beliefs to see if I would even fit in. As a result I felt apprehensive and felt like I was being quizzed rather than being looked at as an option for the company based on personality. Interviewing in this way, I believe, overlooks people who don't recall information readily but may work extremely hard.

Intern Interview

Interview

I met a sensata representative at a school job fair and was invited to do an interview via email a couple of days later. The interviews were fairly straightforward; I spoke to 4 people, got mostly technical questions, with one HR type person asking me about my career goals. They tested basic knowledge of materials (stress-strain curves), mechanics (failure points in a mechanism) and electronics (ohm's law)

Interview Questions

• What high level reasoning would you go through in trying to determine if a sensor is working, given the device and an ohmmeter?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

Had an on campus interview after applying through my school website. The process was very efficient. It was mostly technical questions from basic circuits, but there were some trickier questions asked. Didn't go over my resume as much as expected. Asked questions about impedance, filters, op-amps, etc. Reviewing introductory circuits would be good for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how a transformer worked, which I covered in physics two years ago; and haven't looked at since.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process went well. Unfortunately, it was smoke and mirrors compared to what the place was like once I was hired. Don't be fooled. If it is an IT position steer clear.

MEMS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Ithaca, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Asked about very basic opamp circuits like lowpass filter, transformer, and noinverting amplifeir. Some any basic knowledge about diode.

Interview Questions

• No quite difficult one. Just one I did not get the question the first time.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

There were 3 engineers and 1 HR person. The questions were heavily weighted to circuits and op-amps. At the beginning of each session, they will tell explain something that they do. In the next sessions, they ask you for previous information that the other employees told you.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this company? (and many basic circuits questions)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

First a telephone interview, then was invited to participate in Fantastic Friday event. There were four sections each lasts for half an hour, various kinds of question, including technical and behavioral questions

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

I was scouted on Linken. Initial phone interview with HR person. Phone interview with hiring manager, on site interview with 4 directors, another phone interview. After 7 interviews, they wanted me to make a presentation and write a paper on 3 specific topics . This would have taken several hours of work. I declined last interview as I have 30 yrs experience. I offered to provide the information as a paid consultant.

Interview Questions

• How would you find suppliers for very specialized industries and how do you audit then.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

met at school for a 30 minute interview. Invited to fantastic friday event which consisted of four 30 minute interview sessions. 2 were purely technical, one was behavioral with case study and the last interview was completely behavioral.