Sensata Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sensata Technologies

3.2

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Troy, NY) in April 2020.

Interview

A rushed 30 min process with challenging yet relatively simple technical questions. I was asked behavioral and technical questions related to thermodyabmics but primarily statics and bending. The interviewer also bave me a bunch of random components and wanted me to describe what the product was. The position was cancelled due to covid so I was unable to hear back.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 types of heat transfer and which is the strongest?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

I spoke with Sensata at a Career Fair. My resume was requested online, and I interviewed a week later. It was an in-person interview. I had many technical questions about my resume, especially projects I worked on.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Troy, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

It was pretty cool but a little stressful. He asked a lot of fundamentals about thermodynamics and strength of materials. I'd say the interview was difficult but fair. The questions were definitely answerable.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 types of heat transfer   1 Answer

Product Manager, Platform (Smart & Connected) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, the recruiter (TG) contacted me via email. We set up a call. We spoke for about 20 minutes. He was ecstatic that after two months, he finally had a candidate that understood this (his words). I sent him a presentation example of and IoT solution I did in the past.

A few days later, I had a 30 minute call with CN. Zero energy on his part, no smile in his voice. But he was satisfied...at the end he said if this lap doesn't work out, they are growing, and he'd like to then consider for a contract role.
    Today I received an email back from TG that there were so many other qualified candidates who were better suited.
    IMO, CN perceived me as a threat. I have an MBA...he didn't complete his. I have the IoT and connected experience, he doesn't. I would deliver...he wouldn't be able to keep up.

Interview Questions

• When would I use waterfall vs. agile?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

Went in for a full day interview process - 4 half-hour interviews followed by a tour of the company. The interviews were very technical based, minus the HR interview, which was behavioral. Following the interviews, there was a Q&A session with current engineers. Finally, there was a tour of the facility. All of the employees were very friendly. The questions were difficult, but not too bad if you had prepared. At the end of the day, we were told we would hear back in a couple of weeks. After not hearing back, I reached out to the hiring manager, and still did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• How heat is transferred from a cup of coffee on a table. How this would change if a fan was placed facing the cup.   Answer Question
    • They explained how a capacitor is used for a pressure sensor, and asked me to explain how this device could be optimized.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Amherst, MA).

Interview

The interview process was average in comparison to others. They asked about former employment and different projects that you've worked on at school. They also asked technical questions to test your knowledge of what you've retained from core classes for mechanical engineering.

Interview Questions

• Imagine a room with nothing but a refrigerator plugged in and running. Over time would the room get hotter or colder   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

Made contact at job fair, they reached out after to schedule an interview. Mostly talking about past projects. Interviewer described three different positions at the company and asked which I'd prefer. Said I'd hear back within a week; haven't heard back so far (about a month out)

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone screening, then phone interview with an engineer, which was mostly about teamwork skills and to describe myself and my goals. Then they invited me onsite for a site tour (with other candidates) and a several-hour long interview process with four employees. The questions ranged all over, from solving simple mechanics puzzles to describing my teamwork skills, project skills, and what some of my most intense analyses have been in the past. At one point, they asked me to draw a free-body-diagram. It all well went well in my opinion, I answered every question in detail and in a way that demonstrated my strengths. However, I was aware that another candidate was equally skilled and had a higher education than me. I was fine with the fact that I was truly bested for the job, but I was shocked by the fact that they completely ghosted me after the interview day. No emails, no responses, no rejections.

Interview Questions

• “Do you see any issues with the design of this diagram, as I show it to you? The device measures pressure.”   1 Answer
    • “Draw a free body diagram. I want to see your process”   Answer Question
    • “What was one of your most intense analyses?”   Answer Question
    • “Do you know what this metal part is for?”   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a Career fair where the shortlisted me for an on-campus interview the following week. This was a one-on-one with a Sensata Engineer.
    Following this, I was called for an onsite interview after 2 weeks. This was a common event for students from different universities. There were 4 rounds of interview (senior engineer, project manager, Director and HR exec. )
    The questions were purely technical in nature. Mostly they were interested in knowing your thought process and whether you can back it up appropriate reasons. Past projects and experiences were a major source of the questions. Rest were about the products that they design or already have in the market like the fuel pressure sensor.

Haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Handed me a pressure sensor and asked me how I would improve its design?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Troy, NY) in September 2019.

Interview

45 minute on-campus behavioral interview following career fair. Talked a lot about what the company does, its culture, and how they ask interns to return sometimes. Was overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Drew a circuit and asked what certain components were, how to get the current through them and some other electronics questions like bias current.   Answer Question