Sensata Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Sensor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

It was for an internship in Almelo, Netherlands, and consisted of two skype interviews-a technical with my manager, and another (more casual) with his boss to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• My experience with LabVIEW and some basic data processing questions.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

I was scouted on Linken. Initial phone interview with HR person. Phone interview with hiring manager, on site interview with 4 directors, another phone interview. After 7 interviews, they wanted me to make a presentation and write a paper on 3 specific topics . This would have taken several hours of work. I declined last interview as I have 30 yrs experience. I offered to provide the information as a paid consultant.

Interview Questions

• How would you find suppliers for very specialized industries and how do you audit then.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

The first call is with HR to verify both your background, education, previous jobs and salary expectations are in range with the role. You will have an informal call with the hiring manager to talk more about the culture and projects that are relevant to the role. The one and one interviews is the last stage. These are mainly with senior managers and a VP that are relevant to the business unit you will be working for. Usually one person from the marketing team will be there as well. We also had an informal meeting outside of Sensata campus with the GM and the hiring manager, which was very relaxed and fun way to learn more about each other's personalities.

Interview Questions

• How did you identified new markets opportunities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Worcester, MA).

Interview

four rounds- three technical and one HR

Questions during one of the rounds were very basic such as difference between pressure and stress which seemed a little silly and off-putting. The whole process as a whole was not rewarding.

The interview took a whole day where they invited approx. 25 students and each of us went through the four rounds and it ended with a tour of the company building. Very tiring and I was disappointed not to get an offer and also did not receive any feedback.

Interview Questions

• I was shown a model of a pressure sensor and I was asked to draw its free body diagram and give a few reasons how this part could fail.   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

A few days after submitting my resume at a career fair, I was offered a technical interview at my university. A couple days later they followed up with three more technical interviews and one HR interview at the end of the week. These were held on site, and transportation was provided.

Interview Questions

• How would you filter a noisy pressure sensor?   1 Answer

Social Media and Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Attleboro, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was scouted for this position on LinkedIn and interviewed a month later. I underwent a phone screen then was brought into a series of one on one and panel interviews onsite. I was offered the position 1-2 days after interviewing.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

After speaking with one of the recruiters at a career fair where they did a mini technical interview, I had an on campus interview. It was with two engineers who basically asked me to walk them through my resume and one of my projects in more depth. After about a week, I was invited to an on-site interview for their Friday Fun day. There were about 20-30 people interviewing for internships and full-time positions. There was a short panel presentation with younger, new employees about their experience and why they chose Sensata. Then the interviews began. There were four separate 1on1 interviews--three with engineers and one HR. The technical ones were pretty straight forward, basic engineering foundations and some had physical products with them they asked about.

Interview Questions

• Looking at this part which is for x application, how and what would you change so it could be used in an application where the forces the interface would experience are 3 times greater>   Answer Question
    • Basic beam deflection questions, but applied to interesting applications.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies.

Interview

I applied online and never heard back from them. Nothing. I called to check if my resume and application was received and to see if the position was still available but I'm not sure if my voice message was received by anyone.

Interview Questions

• A friend also applied here and was told that employees are expected to be available 24/7 because of the international offices they have. You have to be aware of the time difference in other countries.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

I met some current engineers at a cereer fair. Almost immediately, I was handed a product they were working on and asked about ways it could be improved. Apparently I did well enough to get an interview a couple of days later. The interview was ~30 min. and was all technical. I got maybe 2 minutes to ask questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a project I recently worked on, then kept probing deeper into the physics/engineering. They also gave some hypotheticals and asked what I thought would happen.   1 Answer

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

Got interview invitation through University Recruiting Program. They came to the job fair at my school, I handed my resume, I was interviewed on-campus, and then I was invited for on-site interview. Interviewed with three engineers and on HR person.

Interview Questions

• Op-amps, capacitors, RC circuits, electromagnetism, projects on my resume...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sensata Technologies (Worcester, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a on-campus interview from WPI Career Fair. It was about 30 minutes and non technical. The recruiter asked me about my projects and past experience, and I never heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• How does your past experience help you to build up knowledge?   Answer Question