Shake Shack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shake Shack Interview Questions

Interviews at Shake Shack

1.9

Community Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter who I spoke with was beyond rude. She belittled my experience and choice of college.If she didn't think I was a fit or qualified for the job then not sure why she reached out. She asked questions that pertained to switching jobs and let's be honest, it's 2017, it's weird if you don't switch jobs.

Interview Questions

• And was your college known for their journalism program?   2 Answers

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I went through a long and arduous interview process for a role in headquarters. I was asked to come in on 3 separate occasions and meet with 9 people, some of them more than once. I also was asked to do a pretty lengthy case study. All in, I spent about 12 hours on the interview process, only to be told they wouldn't be moving forward and receiving no additional feedback as to why. This is not an appropriate way to treat candidates who have invested a lot if time and energy.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy, they just ask basic things and keep it conversational. There wasn't a phone interview, everything was done in office. Overall, pretty stress free process. I enjoyed talking to the hiring recruiters and the office is an open, stress free space

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a stressful situation you've been in. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their career website. Was contacted the next day to schedule a phone interview. After the interview I was contacted by HR to schedule an in person interview at the home office. The interview went very well and was very casual. The recruiter was very interested in everything I was saying and genuinely wanted to converse. Definitely not cookie cutter!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress? Give an example of a time when something did not go your way and how you approached it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Very thorough and hired on the spot. Did not ask mANY QUESTIONS, they needed workers badly. Many of the other applicants were not professional. I would only work there again for fast money.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

very easy and laid back the manager was nice and easy to talk to. He just asked a few standard questions then he told me he would call me back for a 2nd interview. I came back a week later and got the job.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 10 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Newark, DE) in March 2019.

Interview

Very Lighthearted and Postive, not as stressful as you’d think. The person who interviewed me was very nice and friendly. I evern had limited availability but I still got the position

Interview Questions

• Explain hospitality in your own words   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (West Hollywood, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Went to an open interview at the store. Waited an hour for the boss to interview me. They said come back another day for another interview. This time I waited 2 hours for the boss. She never came instead they sent some manager to interview me. So this is the 3rd interview, they asked me the same questions.

Overall very unprofessional practice to keep anyone waiting over 30 min for an interview. Even worse to tell them to come at a specific time and have them wait 2 hours and never even show up. Over all the staff seemed dazed and confused.

At this point you are so mistreated that you don't want to work for this trash any more. Eat there, or even be near their sketchy establishments. Sorry I have standards.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruitment Event. More then 100 people dropping off applications
    Second call back was 1 on 1 interview. Was offered job immediately

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered 9.00Hr with expected Raise & available hours

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Paramus, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through craigslist and was called in for an interview the very next day. I went in and talked to the manager and right after she asked the general manager to speak with me. He loved the fact that I did my research, had a great personality, customer service experience, and did a lot of community service that I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The process was very simple, no difficult questions. I was asked to talk about myself and what do I know about the company. Both managers really just looked at my resume and asked about the information on it.   Answer Question