Cover image for Shake Shack

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Shake Shack Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 227 of over 227 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Nashville, TN) in Oct 2022

Interview

Was great don't have any complaints. People was really nice, gave proper directions. I can honestly say the interviewer really made me feel comfortable and made me want to work for them.

Interview Questions
  • My experience, my schedule, and if I can do the job
    1 Answer

Shake Shack

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shake Shack in Oct 2022

Interview

The interview process was efficient and went well for the most part. All the team members that I interacted with communicated clearly and was very flexible when working with my needs.

Interview Questions
  • What leadership style do you possess? How will you lead your team?

What people are saying about Shake Shack

Join the conversation on

Confession

14d

a

Research Associate

Thoughts on shake shack crinkle cut fries?

11 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (London, England) in Sep 2022

Interview

Basic numeracy skills required and a friendly positive attitude needed. Ability to communicate with a variety of people . Interview was very easy and I felt comfortable and not under pressure

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Kuala Lumpur) in Aug 2022

Interview

The HR department explained everything in details and very transparent about the workload and may be stressful environment. They were also very professional and helpful in term of conducting the interview and I was calm and not feeling nervous during the interview since they are really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • If I am okay with the job since it can be handful and tedious

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Shake Shack (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2022

Interview

I received an automated email asking to setup a phone interview and when I might have availability. One of the store managers emailed me back and scheduled an in-person instead. When I arrived and asked for said manager I was told he was on vacation for two weeks. One of the assistant managers quickly found an interview sheet and had an impromptu and brisk interview that consisted of about 5 "tell me about a time..." questions. I was then told to come back the next day and ask for another manager. I reluctantly returned despite my time having been wasted and had what felt like a positive interview consisting of the same questions as the day prior. No one had my resume or application in hand at any point either interview. I felt fairly positive when I left and never heard from them again. I already had a full time job and this was going to be supplemental income for me so I am certainly qualified to take orders and serve hamburgers. I was articulate and took the interview seriously despite the silliness of the canned questions. They didn't ask me at all about my past or present positions and experience. I'm not sure why I was called for an interview in the first place if they'd already decided. Perhaps due to the GM having been a former HS classmate of mine and he recognized my name. Bu that is pure speculation.

Interview Questions
  • The standard retail level "tell me about a time you..." type questions that don't really give too much insight into anything.

Shake Shack

Application

I interviewed at Shake Shack

Interview

Was really good ask a few questions and they were able to breakdown what I was going to do as a team member.they were very communicating with when they would get back to me

Interview Questions
  • What are your hobbies you like to do?

Shake Shack

Application

I interviewed at Shake Shack

Interview

The interview was very short. They took me to the office where I spoke with someone. They asked me questions about availability and questions to gauge if I was going to be a long term employee.

Interview Questions
  • How long do you think is a long time? When was the last time you worked? Where do you see yourself in a year?

Shake Shack

Application

I interviewed at Shake Shack

Interview

They were surprised when I showed up in business attire for the interview. I had to wait for my turn, but once I was in, the interview lasted about fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shake Shack

Application

I interviewed at Shake Shack

Interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shake Shack

Application

I interviewed at Shake Shack

Interview

Just a standard interview. Ask you typical questions such as (why you want to work at shake shack etc.) The interview would take place for around 10-15 minutes They’ll email you to say whether you’re successful or not

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 227 Interviews

Shake Shack Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Shake Shack as 76.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.01 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Cashier and Crew Member rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Team Member and Line Cook roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Shake Shack takes an average of 10 days when considering 243 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Restaurant Team Member had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Cashier roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 6 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Shake Shack according to 243 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 46.73%